The Future of Government

HaveADream

Started the Libertarian Party the other day and I’m excited that I’ve already received some IC interest for people to get involved. Even if elections and so on don’t come soon, there’s no reason we can’t have functioning parties being represented for when/if that time comes. Seeing how it seems the players involved are taking the time to put out realistic party platforms with positions on issues that are politically relevant to what’s actually happening in-game, I’m excited to see where this goes.

Shameless plug: if anyone wants to help with the formation and administration of the libertarian party slide in my DMs bby.

8 hours ago, HaveADream said:

And to you - what do you want to see in the Future of Government?

them to actually talk to people, there's all these new political parties made, but theres been ZERO IC information of elections being planned, this all came out of a OOC imagination from what I can see? I can't see any data on the Gov.gta.world on elections, so I'm at a loss here. 

• Upvote 2
51 minutes ago, Mitch said:

them to actually talk to people, there's all these new political parties made, but theres been ZERO IC information of elections being planned, this all came out of a OOC imagination from what I can see? I can't see any data on the Gov.gta.world on elections, so I'm at a loss here. 

That's because it did - I just wanted my character to have a party affiliation and thus was born current situation. Not complaining though if it means we get real political RP!

In terms of whether the current gov is happy with elections, we've been preparing behind the scenes for elections for a while and it's just the infrastructure needing to be in place.

6 hours ago, Midwest said:

Exactly. 

Also, please remember you're roleplay state politicians, not federal (country-wide) politicians, this is something I've seen over and over again and it's super stupid. If you're a state level politician, you're worrying about the state. You're not worrying about "furthering the people of the country" and "working with trump to pass x laws in the nation", etc/

I'm fairly certain they are supposed to be city politicians, not even state level. So even more specific than that. What their policies will affect is the city of Los Santos / surrounding counties, not the entirety of San Andreas. Remember you have Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas which make up the state of San Andreas. I've already seen some party platforms talking about state-wide benefits which makes no sense. Please someone from the Government faction correct me if I'm wrong here.

Edited by Kestalas
41 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

I'm fairly certain they are supposed to be city politicians, not even state level. So even more specific than that. What their policies will affect is the city of Los Santos / surrounding counties, not the entirety of San Andreas. Remember you have Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas which make up the state of San Andreas. I've already seen some party platforms talking about state-wide benefits which makes no sense. Please someone from the Government faction correct me if I'm wrong here.

I thought most of them were roleplaying going for state senate seats and such, that'd be state. I don't think we have a county gov so the other stuff would be city or state too. 

8 minutes ago, Midwest said:

I thought most of them were roleplaying going for state senate seats and such, that'd be state. I don't think we have a county gov so the other stuff would be city or state too. 

I honestly haven't seen any specifics on what exactly they are running for, so I honestly don't know. Fairly certain they wanted representatives at the city level to represent specific districts around Los Santos as seen here: https://gov.gta.world/electedofficials

" Members of the City Council are elected and represent the voices of their constituents who have entrusted their councillor with the future of our local community. "

I could be 100% wrong, lol. Just going off of what I've seen so far. Makes more sense to establish it at the city level, considering we're only role playing in Los Santos. Maybe @Brett could provide some clarification since he handles some of the State level affairs. I'm not sure.

Tagging @Mecovy too, since he's part of the Republican party and it's the first name that came to mind lol.

Edited by Kestalas
4 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

I honestly haven't seen any specifics on what exactly they are running for, so I honestly don't know. Fairly certain they wanted representatives at the city level to represent specific districts around Los Santos as seen here: https://gov.gta.world/electedofficials

" Members of the City Council are elected and represent the voices of their constituents who have entrusted their councillor with the future of our local community. "

I could be 100% wrong, lol. Just going off of what I've seen so far. Makes more sense to establish it at the city level, considering we're only role playing in Los Santos. Maybe @Brett could provide some clarification since he handles some of the State level affairs. I'm not sure.

Tagging @Mecovy too, since he's part of the Republican party and it's the first name that came to mind lol.

Whilst I am currently reaching out to Avro on the specifics on what's really going to be open, at the moment it seems to just be district representatives as imagined when looking at a map of Los Santos, hence why the logo I use for Republican's is an outline of just the city of Los Santos. I, however, would very much like to see a larger-scale form of government incorporating the county otherwise we may as well just block it off and ignore it. And being someone who's very first character was the stereotypical definition of a Sandy Shores redneck I think actually using all area's would be useful for us all.

As for publishing an actual agenda, mine will be likely the last to release as there are so many factors I have to get confirmation on before I release the final draft of policies. We've worked up ideas for both models of government, local or statewide. But I'm unsure if HaveADream knows more about what the internal state of government is currently, but I think we all agree we're doing this out of interest to bring politics into people's roleplay as its a fundamental aspect of society IRL; an aspect which could bring lots of new idea's and enjoyment to the server as a whole.

• Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Whilst I am currently reaching out to Avro on the specifics on what's really going to be open, at the moment it seems to just be district representatives as imagined when looking at a map of Los Santos, hence why the logo I use for Republican's is an outline of just the city of Los Santos. I, however, would very much like to see a larger-scale form of government incorporating the county otherwise we may as well just block it off and ignore it. And being someone who's very first character was the stereotypical definition of a Sandy Shores redneck I think actually using all area's would be useful for us all.

As for publishing an actual agenda, mine will be likely the last to release as there are so many factors I have to get confirmation on before I release the final draft of policies. We've worked up ideas for both models of government, local or statewide. But I'm unsure if HaveADream knows more about what the internal state of government is currently, but I think we all agree we're doing this out of interest to bring politics into people's roleplay as its a fundamental aspect of society IRL; an aspect which could bring lots of new idea's and enjoyment to the server as a whole.

Seriously looking forward to it. I love the idea of political RP.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Kestalas

As far as I'm aware as politics go, right now the foundation is being laid for municipal politics, district representatives are being chosen and placed into whatever corresponding districts remain, the western & eastern districts have both been taken, and the two standing district representatives are Kent Marshall & Daniel Zavala. If you're looking to work for the government outside the realm of politics, you should try reaching out here: https://gov-forum.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=238 Ultimately parties are made for support, funding, and organization; and there is nothing stopping anybody from trying to obtain these positions as independents or as representatives of more fringe parties.

• Upvote 1