Ideas to improve the Illegal Roleplay scene on the server

Benny Black

Also to add on the "illegal roleplay" A lot of criminals have the mindset of "these guys are mall rats lets not rp with them" The new Fear RP rules over the PK's is the perfect tool to expand your illegal roleplay. I have had some very interesting encounters that have lead to interesting roleplay that had nothing to do with drugs or weapons simply because the person was being afraid of what would happen. I have heard of some interesting examples recently too.

I think currently the mindset of majority of the criminals are that they rather stick to the routine of "lets buy drugs/guns and resell them" Because that's safe. No one is taking the risks to roleplay something that could go very wrong but also could be very rewarding. While I have plenty of ideas of things that can be done for your to "improve" your own roleplay but I rather keep them to myself and try to execute them before people decide to just start doing it every day or whatever.  The new rule for fear is the perfect tool to create Illegal roleplay, just use your imagination of what real criminals do IRL and apply that to your things. Criminals are not the "anti hero's" that everyone seems to believe they are it's not the "godfather" where it's all glamour, honour and respect. It's much darker and grittier than that. And yes not every criminal is a stone cold psycho killer but in terms of organised crime and certain street gangs. Their activities get really dark quite quickly in terms of dealing with people and business outside of guns and drugs.

EDIT: I think too many players are afraid to do something "bad" and leave the person alive because of the consequences or the fact thatt they don't want to force some people in shitty situations. Which is why we see so many pk's that are done right of the bat instead of using it as last resort. But if you are unable to seperate IC from OOC and take your IC actions fully IC. Then you can't really do anything about that

Edited by shiroq
Just now, shiroq said:

Also to add on the "illegal roleplay" A lot of criminals have the mindset of "these guys are mall rats lets not rp with them" 

And that is a very good mindset to not ruin your entire faction. Illegal roleplayers don't need mallrats to feed them roleplay, matter the fact it makes no sense for gang members to have friends come with their pariah's dressed like hookers and hiding their pf guns in their waist that is fully exposed but yet no, magical clothing is covering it up. 

Matter the fact there is a reason nobody roleplays with you. And until you make any realistic way for obtaining your 4 cars, 250k apartment and hookers dresscode don't bother trying to roleplay with any illegal factions. And no, working as a bartender for 2 weeks to buy a club yourself is not development. 

Just now, DeAngelo said:

And that is a very good mindset to not ruin your entire faction. Illegal roleplayers don't need mallrats to feed them roleplay, matter the fact it makes no sense for gang members to have friends come with their pariah's dressed like hookers and hiding their pf guns in their waist that is fully exposed but yet no, magical clothing is covering it up. 

Matter the fact there is a reason nobody roleplays with you. And until you make any realistic way for obtaining your 4 cars, 250k apartment and hookers dresscode don't bother trying to roleplay with any illegal factions. And no, working as a bartender for 2 weeks to buy a club yourself is not development. 

I was more or less generalising. There is of course cases of people you should not interact with for your own sanity. And i'm not saying involve them in your faction. But certain roleplay showcased on the Lagrusa Crew thread should give you an idea of things that you CAN do with people and actually have no drugs or guns involved. It just takes your imagination and actually trying. If everyone is going to have an attitude "everyone is shit but us" then good luck finding roleplay. I'm not saying every person on the server is secretly a great roleplayer. But you would be surprised that some people are actually good once they are put in a proper situation of roleplay.

I have known quite a few people that were borderline mallrats because they were the products of the people surrounding them. When their surroundings changed their roleplay changed too. If you have a group of serious roleplayers the chances are very high that everyone will try to do actual roleplay with you. Except for the certain cases of people that should not be existing in this server after such a long time.

2 minutes ago, shiroq said:

But certain roleplay showcased on the Lagrusa Crew thread should give you an idea of things that you CAN do with people and actually have no drugs or guns involved.

You do understand that 80% of their thread is scripted roleplay for screenshots, right? Ik they've been reaching out oocly just to link up icly to hold meetings and talks with X parties. So this example is very poor. Only factions you can learn from is ABZ and that's period. It's the only faction that doesn't do w/e the fuck everyone else is doing.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, DeAngelo said:

You do understand that 80% of their thread is scripted roleplay for screenshots, right? Ik they've been reaching out oocly just to link up icly to hold meetings and talks with X parties. So this example is very poor. Only factions you can learn from is ABZ and that's period. It's the only faction that doesn't do w/e the fuck everyone else is doing.

Yeah, your opinion is law. 

Back on topic.

Add more suppliers for one - One active supplier isn't unacceptable. Especially when you have an influx of players in a different timezone. 

Possibly some more illegal scripts to follow the chop-shop. Ultimately, the main things surrounding illegal roleplay are drugs, weapons, and the chop-shop. Other than that? You've pretty much got nothing. And even then, I believe the chop-shop should be revised to an extent. The risk is certainly not worth the regard, no matter what vehicle you break down. Not to mention these activities can't be repeated but every 2 hours to avoid getting in trouble, so I believe they should definitely put out more.

Maybe put a timer on vehicles once they're spawned? You have to be logged out for 2-3 hours plus before your car despawns. Would make a lot more sense in my opinion. People just use their vehicles for safes opposed to their homes, and that's not cool. You can't despawn your vehicle with drugs in it, but you can when it has weapons.

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, aldo said:

what? i'm talking about pretty much every supplier

I also agree. Suppliers still sell weed at a wopping 150 a gram, leaving little to no room for profit. There needs to be rules surrounding the price at which these items could be sold for, a minimum and a maximum. Because the current economy on drugs is horrible. No one on the streets is purchasing drugs at a decent price. I'm not sure on the rates at which suppliers are given, and I surely don't know the process, whether they're given seeds to grow, or outright given weed/ other drugs. But just using marijuana as an example, suppliers shouldn't be dealing these items at $100-150 a gram. A gram of marijuana should be easily $200-220 on the street, 100-150 is what a dealer should be paying. I would love for this community to open a Faction Management Public in which could consist of productive community members willing to speak on the behalf of some of the community, and make for an easier entrance to getting things properly executed on the server. 

Edited by KEEHU$TLE
10 minutes ago, KEEHU$TLE said:

I also agree. Suppliers still sell weed at a wopping 150 a gram, leaving little to no room for profit. There needs to be rules surrounding the price at which these items could be sold for, a minimum and a maximum. Because the current economy on drugs is horrible. No one on the streets is purchasing drugs at a decent price. I'm not sure on the rates at which suppliers are given, and I surely don't know the process, whether they're given seeds to grow, or outright given weed/ other drugs. But just using marijuana as an example, suppliers shouldn't be dealing these items at $100-150 a gram. A gram of marijuana should be easily $200-220 on the street, 100-150 is what a dealer should be paying. I would love for this community to open a Faction Management Public in which could consist of productive community members willing to speak on the behalf of some of the community, and make for an easier entrance to getting things properly executed on the server. 

well said brah

• Upvote 1

yea haha let’s add OOC rules for IC actions because it doesn’t benefit our super edgy concept woohoooo 

Faction Management Public? Jesus Christ, we really are becoming an LSRP copycat server here aren’t we?

You guys sound like crybabies because you’re not getting what you want. It’s quite pathetic to see and it reminds me of LSRP when they had an OOC trade agreement. ?

Edited by Maca
  • Upvote 1