Ideas to improve the Illegal Roleplay scene on the server

Benny Black

6 minutes ago, Nervous said:

If a bottle was worth $1 a gun worth $100, your income would have to match these so you would win approximately $3000 per month spent on the game IRL. No houses or vehicles would be affordable. People spend 60 years working on real life, here if you spend 60 months playing it'll already be super rare. We don't want a mirror of real life economy when it comes to price because you'll either be able to buy everything you want (and the economy will be fucked if you can afford 100 guns a day), or you'll be able to afford only small items and not the big assets (vehicles, houses). 

And I do highly fuck with that, you just misunderstood my saying of "the whole economy is fucked". What I was trying to say was that we have set prices for everything and paying 25k for untraceable HP is highly fuckable. If we were to have the same prices for illegal pieces as for legal ones, there won't be any use for CCWs and PFs.

I spent some time reading through faction threads, and maybe I'm of the wrong mindset, but it seems like people need to be better at portraying believable characters who have a purpose outside of the faction they belong to. I'm not saying write up an entire novel of a backstory, but characters should be more than one-dimensional.

What I do think and agree with on Nervous is that we perhaps have to look more at ourselves and our creativity. This server already offers a lot of script support and will have even more for illegal roleplay, GTAW is probably the biggest RP server that I know that has this many scripts for us to work and play with. 

• Applaud 1

Suppliers love fucking overcharging wayy too much when it comes to drugs... lets say that coke is being sold for 400 a gram in LS, right? so why the fuck do suppliers sell for like 300 per gram when they shouldnt EVEN be selling by the gram, they should be selling by the BULK, you would expect atleast a 30% profit AFTER buying from the supplier then giving the drugs to your street level dealers.

9 minutes ago, aldo said:

Suppliers love fucking overcharging wayy too much when it comes to drugs... lets say that coke is being sold for 400 a gram in LS, right? so why the fuck do suppliers sell for like 300 per gram when they shouldnt EVEN be selling by the gram, they should be selling by the BULK, you would expect atleast a 30% profit AFTER buying from the supplier then giving the drugs to your street level dealers.

You don’t have to buy their drugs. Find another supplier, unless you’ve got a gun against your head which I highly doubt. 

On the topic of the economy - every roleplay server uses the same boring excuse that 1 dollar can’t be 1 dollar. Yes, yes it can be. The excuse of “you’d have to work for X amount of time to buy a house” makes me want to roll my eyes into the back of my skull.

Mortgages exist for a reason. Nobody gives a fuck about having a realistic economy because everyone wants shit handed to them on a plate rather than working for it. Finance exists for people that can’t afford things outright and I’m sure there’s capability somewhere to script in a finance system rather than other monotonous additions that provide very little Roleplay-based pleasure other than aesthetics.

Hoping for a realistic economy when that ship has sailed is useless. The chance was there from day 1, but day 1 is nearly 2 years behind us and now you have to deal with what you have.

Illegal roleplay won’t change until what Thread said happens. There has to be somebody setting the bar high and without intending to offend anyone, very little of the community can set the bar high from my own experience with dealing with their problems as a staff member.

You might as well stop worrying and just roleplay within your faction and leave the outside world, on the outside. Hoping for change is like hoping for Clinton to be held responsible for Epstein’s murder - not gonna happen.

Attitudes need to change. People need to appreciate the story more, not the ooc chatter about who is going to be the biggest / baddest / most powerful on the block / in the pod / on the streets.

Roleplay is cooperative, and I think people forget that a lot on both the illegal and legal side.

Edited by Cara
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Thread said:

I spent some time reading through faction threads, and maybe I'm of the wrong mindset, but it seems like people need to be better at portraying believable characters who have a purpose outside of the faction they belong to. I'm not saying write up an entire novel of a backstory, but characters should be more than one-dimensional.

Faction threads are generally used for faction related roleplay. They showcase the faction. I know many, many members of factions that do have lives outside the faction but they don't post it on the threads because it's not really relevant to the faction. If every member of every faction started posting them going on a date or having a drink or going on some hike through the mountains, the threads would be full of posts and it would be a mess. That's why character threads exist but not everyone has the time to make screenshots for the faction and to make their own thread

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Nervous said:

As for the whole thread, I'll try to understand the issues with you from a developper point of view.

Today for illegal players we have the following scripts:

-The supplier system with 3-4 weapon suppliers (we just recently recruited active new ones last month and this month so this should start to lay its fruits and be visible in the game), 3-4 drug suppliers (only 1 active at the moment and we recruited more this month, you should see more drugs next month)

-Vehicle chop shop

-Cards games

-Business system

-Weapon serials / removal (2 with the jobs will be recruited this month)

-Robberies (players, houses)

-Weed farming

-Drugs

What's coming soon:

-Corpses to handle 

-Forensic (more in depth roleplay for criminals)

-Drugs creation (crack, meth)

-Weapon attachments

If we look at all this - what's missing to help you push more illegal roleplay? If I take a look at my LSRP experience, what illegal roleplay was mostly about in the 10 years I was there in the end was just gun & drug trading when it came to the script. Nothing more.

So what's missing in my opinion isn't something to script, but rather what players do with their factions and how active they are. Unless everyone just want to trade guns & drugs and since we limited that compared to LSRP (where for a long time hundreds of new guns were supplied each weeks) it explains why we have less illegal activities, but i would be worried if it was the explanation.

I mean yeah that's the problem really. It's not a lack of scripts, it's a lack of quality roleplayer that know how to properly progress a character and how to roleplay realistically. That's why I think we need to teach more people to live up to the standard of roleplay that's expected of a serious rp server.