Ideas to improve the Illegal Roleplay scene on the server

Benny Black

12 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

All that weapon flipping was because of PF license. Everybody and their mother had either a PF license on their main or an Alt who does. So you got all these people selling 1 pistol a month for an incredible mark up.

Now I tried to get this across in my first post but I’ll reiterate:

If your character wouldn’t be in close relationship to a supplier OR your RP is not up to that suppliers standards, You most likely will not be sold guns by that supplier.

Suppliers are not street level dealers. Suppliers  are supposed to be selling to the dudes who are selling to the dudes who are selling to the street dealers. The price will vary depending how far down that rung you are from the supplier.

Hell some of you need to figure out if your actually buying a supplier weapon or if it’s a PF weapon because from what I’m seeing a lot of you are getting swindle by people who say they got the “hook up” but in reality are just trying to make a sale. 

This server seems perfectly fine when it comes to firearms. I think what it needs is more melee weapons in circulation.

the first week I was on the server me and my buddy couldn’t find any guns. We ended up getting in an altercation with some Russian dude and stabbed him to death with our knives.

since then I’ve been involved in shoot outs with AK’s, sniper rifles and helicopters swarming above. I’d take stabbing someone on the server over those encounters any day.

Now. The point of this thread was to give ideas to “save” illegal RP so here’s my actual suggestion:

Let @Knoxville do his job. From

my experience he has been nothing but fair, informative and helpful. I’m sure that with The prison and new evidence updates it will provide more then enough tools to make illegal RP interesting again.

Lately, I found out that there are many, many illegal roleplay organizations out there that do not have a faction thread and believe that they don't need one. When asked why the answer is always the same - "why would I want something that is going to set the boundaries for our roleplay?" and that does make a lot of sense. When you are not forced to make a thread for your faction and when you are allowed to roleplay in shadows whatever you want and however you wish, illegal roleplay quality drops down enormously. When people that never had a faction decide to launch one and not inform the faction management about their existence, it gets hella dirty, and in the end, we have a result that we have now. I do understand that fresh roleplayers that never ran a faction nor been in one decide to invite all their friends and do something very illegal and very nasty have lots of fun. Still, it deadass ain't fun those who know how shit works. It be like that, and the minority always has to adapt to the majority, but as long as gtaw is a heavy roleplay server, this has to be controlled. I respect the work Knoxville is putting in, but I also believe that there is a need for a bigger faction management team. There are very, very good options to choose from, and I do not understand why they haven't been invited to regulate this shit yet. I live with hope in my heart that one-day, mallrats will become extinct, and we will get our quality roleplay back once again... 

1 hour ago, Henning said:

Suppliers are not street level dealers. Suppliers  are supposed to be selling to the dudes who are selling to the dudes who are selling to the street dealers. The price will vary depending how far down that rung you are from the supplier.

I have to half agree half disagree with you on this one.

While it's true suppliers are not street level dealers themselves, I've noticed many times that many of the people that have supplier might act like they're some sort of a international crime boss, while in reality what most people on the server scale would be nothing more than local distributors, not suppliers.

As far as I know, weapon suppliers get anywhere between 15-25 guns and drug suppliers get ~1kg of drugs biweekly, which honestly just isn't enough for them to portray their characters as some sort of of weapon/drug lords, and one example I can think of is that a ‚‚supplier'' in my village was busted with ~3kg of weed and ~1kg of amphetamines and you didn't see him act like some sort of intl. drug smuggler.

4 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

You and I both know this isn't true in the slightest. What the majority of illegal RPers care about above all else is making money. And rightfully so, it's a requirement to keep doing the RP. But the biggest issue is this, and it's not your fault.

Everyone is a hustler. Rarely does someone go buy a gun with the intent to hold on to it. Yes, people might hold on to it for a significant amount of time, but that's probably only until they have a buyer lined up for it. There are no end users. Because every criminal, small and large wants to think they're contributing to the gun/drug trade on RP servers. It's not just this one, it's most servers.

Another issue. I'm not saying don't make your money. What I am saying is the people who are trying to double their money per pistol or shotgun is an issue. And people can say "Oh, well that's just the way the server goes." or "If you're buying 2nd or 3rd hand, the price generally goes up."

Not really. If anything, it goes down. The more hands a gun goes through, the less valuable it actually becomes. For some reason, people on RP servers seem to have that mixed up. Regardless of anything, at the end of the day, a used gun does not fetch the price of a new gun. But for some reason here, if you want an illegal pistol, they're double or more what a legal pistol is. And generally speaking, in the real world, the market is so flooded with handguns that that is not the case in the slightest. Again, it goes back to people always wanting to be a "gun dealer" and make enough money to buy two guns off the one gun they've sold. That mantra works with drugs. Turn two into four, four into eight, etc. But a gun is not the same thing. People fail to realize this.

Big ticket items like a full auto AK or a full auto M4? Yeah, hefty price those things all day. Because they shouldn't be someone's go to gun when a small thing arises.

Just to note on this, I think that we might see the weapon prices change once the updates hits, that adds details to weapon and corpses. Which means a gun will be linked to every person it has ever been used to kill. 

I would personally sell a gun with bodies on it cheaper, than I would a clean gun. If I Know that I'll get alot of time if I get linked to all the murders on the gun. 

57 minutes ago, Netsrac said:

Just to note on this, I think that we might see the weapon prices change once the updates hits, that adds details to weapon and corpses. Which means a gun will be linked to every person it has ever been used to kill. 

I would personally sell a gun with bodies on it cheaper, than I would a clean gun. If I Know that I'll get alot of time if I get linked to all the murders on the gun. 

What does weapon price have to do with illegal roleplay scene quality? The whole economy is fucked, when you have to pay $200 for a bottle of wine and your paycheck is $800, do expect to buy Heavy Pistols for 25k. This thread is to discuss what can be done about horse shit roleplay standards and lack of character development, not how hard it is to get weaponry or how expensive it is. Money was never a problem here, and everyone has plenty of it.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, chapetekila said:

What does weapon price have to do with illegal roleplay scene quality? The whole economy is fucked, when you have to pay $200 for a bottle of wine and your paycheck is $800, do expect to buy Heavy Pistols for 25k. This thread is to discuss what can be done about horse shit roleplay standards and lack of character development, not how hard it is to get weaponry or how expensive it is. Money was never a problem here, and everyone has plenty of it.

I'm tired of reading "the whole economy is fucked" because you pay a bottle $200. A GTAW$ != real life $. It's a roleplay server and we decide how we want the economy to be : it's a closed circle with budgets for legal factions from government, every $ you get comes from either another player or the government and we're the only ones doing this. The economy isn't fucked, your understanding of GTAW's economy is.

If a bottle was worth $1 a gun worth $100, your income would have to match these so you would win approximately $3000 per month spent on the game IRL. No houses or vehicles would be affordable. People spend 60 years working on real life, here if you spend 60 months playing it'll already be super rare. We don't want a mirror of real life economy when it comes to price because you'll either be able to buy everything you want (and the economy will be fucked if you can afford 100 guns a day), or you'll be able to afford only small items and not the big assets (vehicles, houses). 

So yes, we price items based on their GTAW value and not real life, that's not a fucked economy, that's a well thought system that prevents the economy from collapsing completely.

As for your paycheck being $800.. no. Just no. $800 is what you get from doing nothing from the government, if you work in a shop you'll get approximately $3000 per hour, if you work for other players you'll even get more, if you create your own business that's also another story.

Yes if you stick to the $800 minimum wage given by government when you don't work you'll buy nothing of value and that's how it's supposed to be.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1

If people focused more on proper Character Development instead of having sex with each other, going out clubbing throughout the entire week, senseless robbing/killing, and selling drugs 24/7 then the Illegal RP scene would be 10x better. Whether it's unorganized or organized, both sides are loose screwed. A lot of people are easily replaceable just off the mere fact of how they present and portray themselves, and it's spread across a vast amount of people on the spectrum. The occasional "Oh, I was born in a single mother household surviving off of minimum wage and welfare. I went to school and got bullied, learned how to fight, now I'm hot-headed and hang around mass murderers that give me drugs to sell to white dudes from Vinewood. Oh, and I broke into a house because I wanted a new video game." If I could have a penny for anytime I've came across that inGame, I'd be a literal billionaire.

In addition, there needs to be more originality to factions. I haven't been excited for anything in quite a while. It's been a couple months, and I'm still looking for that one faction that just rides its own wave. Gonna be a while until it happens, but god knows we need it rn. 

As for the whole thread, I'll try to understand the issues with you from a developper point of view.

Today for illegal players we have the following scripts:

-The supplier system with 3-4 weapon suppliers (we just recently recruited active new ones last month and this month so this should start to lay its fruits and be visible in the game), 3-4 drug suppliers (only 1 active at the moment and we recruited more this month, you should see more drugs next month)

-Vehicle chop shop

-Cards games

-Business system

-Weapon serials / removal (2 with the jobs will be recruited this month)

-Robberies (players, houses)

-Weed farming

-Drugs

What's coming soon:

-Corpses to handle 

-Forensic (more in depth roleplay for criminals)

-Drugs creation (crack, meth)

-Weapon attachments

If we look at all this - what's missing to help you push more illegal roleplay? If I take a look at my LSRP experience, what illegal roleplay was mostly about in the 10 years I was there in the end was just gun & drug trading when it came to the script. Nothing more.

So what's missing in my opinion isn't something to script, but rather what players do with their factions and how active they are. Unless everyone just want to trade guns & drugs and since we limited that compared to LSRP (where for a long time hundreds of new guns were supplied each weeks) it explains why we have less illegal activities, but i would be worried if it was the explanation.

• Upvote 2