Multi Theft Auto

Augustus

I don't mean to necro any old topics that are already up, but who all came from MTA? I notice nearly everyone came from LSRP, but wonder where the thousands of people who graced the MTA SA servers over the years went.

I was first introduced to GTA text-based RP back in 2009 with Valhalla Gaming. Looking back on old videos from the time, being young & able to play multiplayer games at all now seems extremely nostalgic.

What about you all? Are there any memorable experiences, servers, people, or times you'd like to reflect on?

1 hour ago, dionkoffie said:

I came from mta. Been playing mta since I started playing gta sa on the pc. 

Starting RPing on a server called OwlGaming (dont worry. Its dead now anyway) in 2014.

Never liked samp and lsrp. I couldnt get used to the client.

Damn, if only you could have started in the golden era. I think Owl was an off-shoot of United Gaming, which was a spin off of Valhalla, so on.

• Upvote 1

Started my journey on MTA when I was like 14/15. Owlgaming is where I learnt the basics and met my first friends who are still around here. Eventually became an admin there as well and joined the LSPD where I was a Detective and later was one of the faction leaders of the LSFD before retiring to LS-RP. I still have albums full of pictures of my RP time on MTA and it is indeed very nostalgic.

And if someone remembers, I've also played on SAES:RPG and WSS:RPG for quite an extensive amount.

Edited by Tseard
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Tseard said:

Started my journey on MTA when I was like 14/15. Owlgaming is where I learnt the basics and met my first friends who are still around here. Eventually became an admin there as well and joined the LSPD where I was a Detective and later was one of the faction leaders of the LSFD before retiring to LS-RP. I still have albums full of pictures of my RP time on MTA and it is indeed very nostalgic.

And if someone remembers, I've also played on SAES:RPG and WSS:RPG for quite an extensive amount.

I've played SAES and WSS too ? 

10 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

I came from mta. Been playing mta since I started playing gta sa on the pc. 

Starting RPing on a server called OwlGaming (dont worry. Its dead now anyway) in 2014.

Never liked samp and lsrp. I couldnt get used to the client.

I remember how I got really used to the drag and drop system, that was one of the strong points of MTA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Multi Theft Auto was amazing and still is to a certain level. It was revolutionary both in design and features, but what it made up for lacked in the game play. I started playing this game in Multi Theft Auto about eight years ago and it fully captured me, although I never actually bothered to try the English language servers so that part of the nostalgia is not for me. In my country, this platform was the most populated for role play and it was amazing. I hopped over to San Andreas Multiplayer about five or four years ago as the platform started dying out, found other great servers like Crazybobs and forgot about Multi Theft Auto. I liked Valhalla, OwlGaming, some other no name servers that included Fort Carson, etc.