Rules on using menyoo

Zayyy

This argument has been brought up a thousand times, been beaten like a dead horse a thousand times, and repeated.

Your complaint about it stems from a video that a friend made, with his character driving up to work, or what you call a “party” at the construction site. Most of the NPCs there were in uniform, eating, on their break, on a HUGE skyscraper construction site that would realistically be busy and populated just like that. It’s not powergaming to make the city seem alive, like it should be.

Now, it’s a different problem when you’re spawning in some ridiculous car, weapons, etc for pictures when you don’t own it IC or have any means to borrow it. THEN it could be considered powergaming. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Havana said:

This argument has been brought up a thousand times, been beaten like a dead horse a thousand times, and repeated.

Your complaint about it stems from a video that a friend made, with his character driving up to work, or what you call a “party” at the construction site. Most of the NPCs there were in uniform, eating, on their break, on a HUGE skyscraper construction site that would realistically be busy and populated just like that. It’s not powergaming to make the city seem alive, like it should be.

Now, it’s a different problem when you’re spawning in some ridiculous car, weapons, etc for pictures when you don’t own it IC or have any means to borrow it. THEN it could be considered powergaming. 

It is powergaming based on the notion that one is manipulating NPCs, when one should not be roleplaying as NPCs.

Period.

EDIT: The title of the video is "ConstructionWiriPARTY"... Not just a break.

Edited by DLimit
1 hour ago, Smonk said:

because the only thing that happens is what happens in the server, everytime people are offline their characters dont exist and there's no consistent "ic" world right? :') this is dumb LOL.

the only rules they need on menyoo is doing shit with stuff you can't get/don't have. A making up a little ic thing that doesn't happen RPly but just meant for fluff or some goofy post on FB is literally harmless. You're complaining about quite literally nothing lol.

My character just robbed a bank while I was O.O.C. labouring a twelve hour shift. When I logged on, the character was safe and secure within his household. I wonder why that's an issue? Ah, it did not happen within the server. It is powergaming if it did not happen within the server... simple. To completely control or manipulate any other P.C. or N.P.C. in an O.O.C. manner is classified as powergaming, as-well.

I cannot even post a faction screenshot if a single sentence is not 100% similar to another player based on the sole notion that I am power-gaming their words. 

Edited by DLimit
2 hours ago, Havana said:

Just to clarify, were you referencing this video? https://streamable.com/hbdav

1) Night construction on a huge tower like that? Not likely, but I'll let that one go.

2) There were girls dancing on top of a flatbed (because that's realistic at a construction site right?) That's not a huge liability or anything to the company.

3) Workers drinking loads of beer on site. One even has a beer drinking hat on while wearing his work uniform.

4) One of them was literally in his underwear with a reflective vest and a hard hat.

5) Title of the video?

I'm not sure how you can say this was a "work related" video with NPC's eating on their break lmao. That's just a bunch of crap ?

Edited by Kestalas
16 hours ago, cryybabyycryy said:

I am up and down on this.. I dunno, I use Menyoo at times and when doing screens I just use the common sense of "will this effect others and what is its realism" 

Posted a picture of my character and a her boyfriend at the winery in clothes that don't exist on GTAW..how does this effect anyone else and their rp? Well it doesn't so who cares. Party with a bunch of people? How does that effect anyone not in the picture? Does it? Not really. We sleep, we work, we have families, we play other games..So there is a large amount of time a day that people are offline.. Picture sitting at the beach? Yea said that happened while i was offline, who cares? Hurts no one. 

Exactly. If there is no negative effect from the picture - what is the problem?

I’m locking this here as it is becoming a back and forth argument rather than an actual discussion. 

If concerned about menyoo use to represent roleplay that is unrealistic, featuring an abundance of NPCs or simply hasn’t happened, report on the forums with the normal process.

• Cara locked this topic