Rules on using menyoo

Zayyy

Everyone knows what "Menyoo" is. People are using it for taking pictures of their characters but now. .They're creating some scenes there that NEVER actually happened on the server, for example.. A party with tones of ppl. But there was none actually. It just sucks if someone creates something menyoo and posts it on fb, claiming stuff.

There should be a rule to stop this imaginary roleplay. That never happens

41 minutes ago, Invictus said:

yeah because we are all forced to roleplay LOS ANGELES being empty just because you don't like someone posting something from a party, huh?

a party, if it actually happened in game yeah, u can go in menyoo and take pics. if there wasn't really any party, no u cant.

If your event didn't happen on the server then how are others supposed to stumble across it and interact with it? - they can't, it's powergaming. ? 

Edited by Zayyy
1 hour ago, Invictus said:

yeah because we are all forced to roleplay LOS ANGELES being empty just because you don't like someone posting something from a party, huh?

This post makes absolutely no sense.

I am in agreement with OP that there should be certain restrictions. Could be considered powergaming since the event did not happen but you showcase as it is. Moderation is going to be a pain though, who is going to check if what happened actually did happen. Will probably take up too much time and resources.

3 hours ago, Zayyy said:

They're creating some scenes there that NEVER actually happened on the server, for

thats powergaming, if it didnt happen on the server, it never happened. i reported people before to fb moderation yet nothing got done, i gave up because they dont give a shit

I am up and down on this.. I dunno, I use Menyoo at times and when doing screens I just use the common sense of "will this effect others and what is its realism" 

Posted a picture of my character and a her boyfriend at the winery in clothes that don't exist on GTAW..how does this effect anyone else and their rp? Well it doesn't so who cares. Party with a bunch of people? How does that effect anyone not in the picture? Does it? Not really. We sleep, we work, we have families, we play other games..So there is a large amount of time a day that people are offline.. Picture sitting at the beach? Yea said that happened while i was offline, who cares? Hurts no one. 

Now there comes a time when it is misused.. 

Illegal activities, cars that the server doesn't have (if said they are owned), ect.

I'm half awake. Hope that made sense. I am not sure why someone menyooing a party with their friends effects yourself and your rp but I am open to possibly change my  opinions with good reason.

12 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

Party with a bunch of people? How does that effect anyone not in the picture? Does it? Not really

It does when NPCs are brought into the action, since the rules are very specific in that you're not allowed to RP NPCs, what if someone asks you about the pictures and the NPCs? It never happened on the server so how can you RP it? That's powergaming, regardless. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Zayyy said:

Everyone knows what "Menyoo" is. People are using it for taking pictures of their characters but now. .They're creating some scenes there that NEVER actually happened on the server, for example.. A party with tones of ppl. But there was none actually. It just sucks if someone creates something menyoo and posts it on fb, claiming stuff.

There should be a rule to stop this imaginary roleplay. That never happens

Don't be a party pooper. What's so bad about pictures and videos of parties for example? I don't use Menyoo, but I don't really care if someone posts a pic of that. It's not giving any advantage.

• Cara locked this topic