License Expiration to 2099

Pillsbury

Hello all,

A few days ago, Nervous posted on the discord stating that all licenses will now have the expiration date of 2099. What are all of your thoughts on this? I think it is good for the sense of 'it's a game' - but adding an expiration date to the licenses for a realistic time, only adds more RolePlay to the server. In real life, almost every state in the USA has an expiration date for drivers licenses, CCW's, DOT Certs, even trade certifications for jobs like HVAC, Plumbing and Electricians. As I am looking at my license now (in real life) I see it expires in 2023. To me personally, I think it was a neat little thing in the server knowing within a year time, you would have to go renew your PF License/CCW and or your drivers license. It adds more immersion, and more of an actual 'civilized' feel to a character with regards of real life responsibilities. I can see some saying that 'it's just a game' - and you are right, but a year is also an extensive amount of time to play one game, and I am sure a year from now, if you are that big into RP, you would probably have no problem going to renew your license. On the side of LEO's, it also adds some additional enforcement for them to do. When you pull over someone in real life, there is a good chance there license might be expired, and if so, it can be cited (at-least in my State). Either or, to me it is not that *big* of a deal, to keep the expiration or to allow them to 2099, but just my thoughts. 

• Fenrir locked this topic