[ForumLS] A New Chapter

borhoi

WdmeoMJ.jpg

A New Chapter

Ryan D Price

When one chapter ends, another begins.

I've always been a big believer in continuous improvement. Regardless of how old you are, or how much experience you have in your industry, there's always more to learn and experience. Being unable or unwilling to admit to mistakes and use them to grow is the mark of actual failure. This being said, mistakes were made in the final weeks of Saints News' existence as an outlet. Some by others, some by myself. No one person is to blame when something falls apart, and what comes next is much more important anyway.

I've spent the past fifteen years of my life in this industry, but that doesn't make me any more fit by default than anyone else to do my job. It's an odd thing to say, but it's true. Journalism, at its core, is about bringing attention to things the public needs to know about or should know about. It's about engaging your audience with information they wouldn't get elsewhere. A lot of the time, a journalist is simply a mouthpiece for more interesting people.

So what better way to engage readers than bringing them content directly from the mouths of those more interesting people? That's one thing I intend to do with ForumLS. Through pieces written directly by those in Los Santos with things to say, and interviews with experts on a variety of subjects, ForumLS aims to be an outlet free from journalistic bias and agenda-pushing. Real stories from real people. Our focus will be on quality - not quantity. We will cover important events affecting the city while simultaneously working with the people to bring thought-provoking subjects to the limelight.

All of this being said, ForumLS is looking for those interesting people I talked about earlier. Whether you're a writer with years of experience, a normal citizen with a story that should be heard, or an expert in your field with insight to share, we want to hear from you. ForumLS is privately bankrolled and not-for-profit. Our entire focus is on bringing quality, engaging content to Los Santos that will spur discourse and promote understanding.

To get what you have to say heard, or inquire about employment, contact me at [email protected] (( forum PM )), on FaceBrowser, or at 205 7937.

In the meantime, stay tuned for more.

Ryan D Price
ForumLS

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic