Stealing Vehicles

CSBIE

Greetings

(I'm new here. Sorry If my pieces of knowledge are wrong)

This server has the command to park a vehicle instantly for free. What I'm wondering is how would a car theft work

now? All players will /vpark the vehicles when the players log off or are not using it which means that car theft would not have a chance to

steal vehicles. There are some vehicles in front of shops/facilities but of course, the players are online.

Any ideas on this?

Sorry If something is wrong I'm new.

Not everyone parks their vehicles before logging. I personally avoid that unless I have a garage owned by my character and I RP parking it inside before doing /vpark. However, there are a lot of cars your character could steal and whether the players are online or not doesn't really matter.

There's nothing wrong with stealing a car where the player is online.  If you think about it, you're going to get more RP that way anyway when they report it stolen.  And that is what we're here for!   And yeah, as Fenrir said, there are plenty of people who leave their vehicles out.   For me personally, for the most part I leave mine spawned unless I have to log quickly and am in a spot that makes no sense for my character's car to be.  

I vpark when I log. Realistically speaking there is no way for me to respond to it being broken into or stolen due to the fact the GTAW is not my real life and I will not be there to react. While I am logged in going about my character's day, I do not vpark. I think this is a pretty good way to go about it. Just like when I log my character cannot be robbed or killed or interacted with in any IC manner in person, my car (and in my opinion my properties) should be treated the same way. I'm not there to react, little to no RP comes of it.

8 hours ago, borhoi said:

I vpark when I log. Realistically speaking there is no way for me to respond to it being broken into or stolen due to the fact the GTAW is not my real life and I will not be there to react. While I am logged in going about my character's day, I do not vpark. I think this is a pretty good way to go about it. Just like when I log my character cannot be robbed or killed or interacted with in any IC manner in person, my car (and in my opinion my properties) should be treated the same way. I'm not there to react, little to no RP comes of it.

This is essentially the jist of my thoughts on this issue. Stealing cars with zero consequences provides no rp or form of risk for the thief. When you are committing a crime you should be actively roleplaying it and providing roleplay, not just steal to win if that makes sense.

Like the above, I tend to leave my car spawned when I'm in game and around - sometimes I leave it spawned when I'm logging off too. I do this purely to add a bit of life to the area and allow people opportunities.

As far as I know, you can't despawn your car if it has drugs inside of it - but you can still park it after storing a firearm inside of it; I believe that it should be the same for both of them - where you can't despawn the vehicle with weapons / drugs stored inside of it. It makes cars feasible to be used as stash cars, which are obviously very well protected (unlike a property which can be broken into) considering they can be completely erased from the map until the owner decides they need it.