Events on GTAW / Special Event Permit Issues / Civil RP

Zorbe

Two months ago, I and a friend created an organization that we were trying to build on SA: MP communities that we played with before the GTAW community.

This is an Automotive / Motorsport organization made up of several teams. Event Team, Racing Academy, Racing Team, Racing Team (Juniors) and so on.

A friend and I have been in motorsport ever since we knew about ourselves, literally, so we tried to make it as realistic as possible, so we started to organize a championship, split cars into groups so that the skill wins, not an expensive car, we made sponsorships and partnerships with a large number of businesses from other sectors, one of them is CarTune, which has provided us with mechanic support at events and so on.

After holding the first event at Mount Haan, which was the first championship race we organized, we decided to organize a second race. In the meantime, I was struggling to get a business grant from Government. A couple of applications were rejected and I said, let's just post another one, why not? And that one was rejected.

Of course, that's not the point. Money is not a point. The point is to make events.

Together with the Government grant application, more specifically, the Department of Finance and Leon French refused us an event permit on the grounds that the event was too dangerous. And it was not at all clear to us. Dangerous? Of course it's dangerous. Motorsport and racing are basically dangerous, but the way we try to get IC to organize it is the safest way to do it. Like in real life. What about WRC, F1? FiA Hillclimb CH?

We're trying to create another roleplay chance, a chance for GTAW community players to make a character who has a career in motorsport. A professional career, right? And I think it's very useful, starting with the fact that there will be active events. Rally, Hillclimb, Motocross and so on. I'm saying it will be something that won't actually be a picture taken with menyoo, but something that can actually be roleplay. 

When you tell a racerr it's dangerous to race, it's just like telling a cop it's dangerous to carry a gun.

There are many obstacles on our way to realizing this properly. For example, Government in the special event permit application requires the exact date and time. But despite this, the LSPD wants proof that the GOV allowed the event 10 days before the request for outreach. Of course, there is no limit to when the GOV must respond to the application. It happened that I waited a month for an answer and was eventually rejected for stupid reasons. And it's just not possible to organise it that way. There can't be an DATE, the first thing we need for an event.

I saw one discussion saying that civilian roleplayers are limited to RP insta thots, fuckboys, going out to clubs and spending 400k on a car. But are they limited because they want to?

The images below are images showing people before me and the Rush In Automotive Organizations who tried to do the same, images of the reasons we had denied events, and even a picture of the Department of Finance (which should have no contact with events, if I'm not mistaken) the business grant application openly states that they will never allow a single race up the hill, and they have been allowed before, even more dangerous routes than the one we wanted to organize.

I don't know if this is an OOC or IC problem, but whatever way I try to solve it, I come down to waiting and procrastinating and I really don't feel like it could be solved.

I tried to reach the Government through a contact request on their site, because as I see it, the only way to reach them is the contact request but my contact request is either just dropped, or just ignored, or they are in so much business so they don't have time to open it. Although I doubt it the last one.

At the moment it seems to me that ICly civilians are not limiting themselves, but being limited.

And the proof that this is the problem is Los Santos Autosport Club. It's a group of players who organize car meets, and they do really well. Because no such permit is required.

Our organisations page and website: https://motorsport-ls.wixsite.com/rushinautomotive ; https://face.gta.world/rushin - You can see pictures from our hillclimb race event there also. Take a look and see how people can RP many other things than going to clubs when you give them a chance to do it.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Edited by Zorbe
  • Applaud 2

The gov is very inactive, they make no public appearances ever. I always found it ridiculous to hold someone to a standard of activity and then just let gov slide about it. I found out two weeks ago our "Mayor" owns a mansion in richmen hills for "events". Gov needs to be cracked down on and enforced a activity basis, if its not possible we should not force our players to have to rely on them for responses and permissions to do stuff ICly. For example, your racing permit. Or the fact that every new business has to be registered on their site.(God knows how long that takes). 

Edited by Rayy
9 minutes ago, Rayy said:

The gov is very inactive, they make no public appearances ever. I always found it ridiculous to hold someone to a standard of activity and then just let gov slide about it. I found out two weeks ago our "Mayor" owns a mansion in richmen hills for "events". Gov needs to be cracked down on and enforced a activity basis, if its not possible we should not force our players to have to rely on them for responses and permissions to do stuff ICly. For example, your racing permit. Or the fact that every new business has to be registered on their site.(God knows how long that takes). 

That's why I talked with @SpawnMatrix and sent an thread for RiA Organisation, so I'll try to make events without permits from GOV, and with cooperation with LSPD and LSFD - and I have to mention that these two factions support us as much as they can. We even had Hughes to come to our event ICly. Anyway not giving up, just wanted to see opinions of other players here.

Just now, Zorbe said:

That's why I talked with @SpawnMatrix and sent an thread for RiA Organisation, so I'll try to make events without permits from GOV, and with cooperation with LSPD and LSFD - and I have to mention that these two factions support us as much as they can. We even had Hughes to come to our event ICly. Anyway not giving up, just wanted to see opinions of other players here.

Yeah when I was in FD, we always wanted to make events to encourage people to join us. But we were always held back waiting for a response from GOV. Something seriously needs to change as at the moment, it's just ruining legal RPers chances of doing new and different things. 

Gov is literally inactive as shit and useless, and I don't see a point in getting a permit from them, they won't accept it cause it's dangerous. Any type of sport that involves cars is dangerous, but it still happens, roads still get blocked for that type of stuff. In my town we talked to the cops so we can have a little quarter mile drag event on a road down here and they did, and blocked it for us. There wasn't a need for a permit from the "government", all we did was talk to someone on the phone then meet with someone the next day lol. You don't need Gov for shit like this.

Edited by Nos
Typos.
  • Upvote 1

It's painfully obvious that the ones handling the special event permits have zero knowledge when it comes to motorsport. 

Danger in motorsport exists, that's for sure, however the safety regulations that the FIA has put in place do a great job when it comes to reducing said danger. Hillclimbs in particular are dangerous and the only thing that is gonna save you in the event of a crash is how well your car was built. No one has deemed hillclimb events 'illegal' because of the risk involved. 

Here's a clip of a massive crash from Pikes Peak back in 2012, a track that is considered highly dangerous but raced on up till this day. The drivers came out of this only with bruises: 

To me it feels like this whole issue needs some form of OOC regulation. The current handlers of special event permits have zero knowledge of motorsport and don't understand that to some of us, having a character who is a professional racing driver, is a genuinely interesting concept. The RIA in particular have pulled off their last hillclimb event as best they could, considering the platform we're playing on. It was realistic, well managed and a complete success attendance wise. Why can't we continue this fun roleplay just because certain people know nothing about racing & motorsport in general?

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Gryffin said:

It's painfully obvious that the ones handling the special event permits have zero knowledge when it comes to motorsport. 

Danger in motorsport exists, that's for sure, however the safety regulations that the FIA has put in place do a great job when it comes to reducing said danger. Hillclimbs in particular are dangerous and the only thing that is gonna save you in the event of a crash is how well your car was built. No one has deemed hillclimb events 'illegal' because of the risk involved. 

Here's a clip of a massive crash from Pikes Peak back in 2012, a track that is considered highly dangerous but raced on up till this day. The drivers came out of this only with bruises: 

To me it feels like this whole issue needs some form of OOC regulation. The current handlers of special event permits have zero knowledge of motorsport and don't understand that to some of us, having a character who is a professional racing driver, is a genuinely interesting concept. The RIA in particular have pulled off their last hillclimb event as best they could, considering the platform we're playing on. It was realistic, well managed and a complete success attendance wise. Why can't we continue this fun roleplay just because certain people know nothing about racing & motorsport in general?

Like I've said. Telling a racer that racing is dangerous is the same like saying a cop that guns are dangerous. I don't know much about GOV like they don't know much about Motorsport. But there's always google, right? This is roleplay, and sometimes you need knowledge before you do stuff. They should find out things before cutting fun for one group of the players.

Yeah, I agree with you. It should be regulated OOC, because I can tell myself that IC fight for it doesn't make sense. I've tried a lot, and all I got is waiting for nothing.

Edited by Zorbe
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Nos said:

Gov is literally inactive as shit and useless, and I don't see a point in getting a permit from them, they won't accept it cause it's dangerous. Any type of sport that involves cars is dangerous, but it still happens, roads still get blocked for that type of stuff. In my town we talked to the cops so we can have a little quarter mile drag event on a road down here and they did, and blocked it for us. There wasn't a need for a permit from the "government", all we did was talk to someone on the phone then meet with someone the next day lol. You don't need Gov for shit like this.

I would be more than happy to make RiA an official Motorsport department and do all of these things including new ideas with cooperation with LSPD and LSFD.  I think that can be managed without special event permits.

Edited by Zorbe