Events on GTAW / Special Event Permit Issues / Civil RP

Zorbe

All I don't understand is why there's a defunct government faction with virtually no active membership retained by management putting a strain on role-play venues. I'd very much go and reach out to a board comprised of PD/FD brass rather than someone who doesn't even commit to role-playing a city official. It's all good and dandy and all that good keep it In Character talk until the reality of it is one side's fully IC and the other one's fueled by the OOC need of having somewhat of a realistic perspective of where event permits go to. And when there's IC push back, there's nothing you can really do past that point and it becomes OOC. It's all a vicious metagame circle just because the government and/or DoJ isn't fully established. Maybe hand the DoJ this kind of stuff? It sounds far fetched to ask for a court order to organize a race but at least it's something.

The staff team has expressed interest in concepts like the ones brought on the table and even handed out pretty niche stuff like unique cars to specific players all for the goal of having them put an incentive on legitimate racing. I don't see one pertinent reason for push back on this kind of stuff. All it does is it fosters subpar role-play and standard because you have people illegally racing without even wanting to just because no one will take them seriously.

Last I checked, @Nervous was role-playing the Mayor. What're your thoughts on this as a whole? I've always been content on issuing FIA related racing licenses and have regional sanctioned organizations to make these races on a professional level. This could be script wise for all we know, could cost a pretty good amount so it takes money out of the server, and it furthermore just creates role-play for a pretty large portion of the community who's interested in the IC car scene.

Despite the fact of our small altercation around RiA and LSAC and this is all IC, I support every event you are willing to do since it creates roleplay and get us out of the daily clubbing and mallrat roleplay, government at least should make a licensing form or create a way to get in contact with players IN GAME to setup a face to face meet with the player that wants to host the legal event and then the player present the full project with pictures, explanations and so on. It's hard to enhance motorsport roleplay since you can't do events with a certain consistency due to the delay on licensing, I think an Admin should roleplay a character that could handle this thing and the player should make the request IC and also prove OOCly that the event is based on realism.

I support and understand your pain.

The DoJ/Court side is very established, but this is not something we're in charge of handling. Everything in regards to this is going to be on the government and that's Mr. @AVRO DANKASTER realm. I agree that I would like to have a more ICly engaged government in the future as I need them to do some things in regards to some of the new laws we are going to require, but timing on when that will be coming is not on me. I hope it can come a conclusion and such so some good RP can be provided, but for now you will have to take this up with the man currently in charge who I already tagged. @liq

Have you tried getting people to support a petition? Have you tried making a public ruckus or going to a member of the press about it? From what I see, the City had grounds to deny this application esp. with the IC events that had transpired when it was previously filed, I definitely think the best course of action is dealing with it in-character.

Start a petition, demand fairer government IC, push for elections, establish political parties through powerful contacts, is the government complacent? You'd have to find out once you start showing them that your characters are not happy with their governing. 

• Applaud 1

From what I see, the City had grounds to deny this application esp. with the IC events that had transpired when it was previously filed

No, they don't. People shouldn't get their applications fucked off just because someone races on that road. By that logic if I requested to do a drag racing event on the road in front of my shop and someone drag races there once or twice, they have the right to deny it? No, not really.

I definitely think the best course of action is dealing with it in-character.

Not really, especially when something like this wouldn't have been fucked off for a petty reason in the first place. Saying how "there will without a doubt be accidents, , the latter part of the track is very dangerous, as is the initial part of the track." is actually hilarious. Have you seen any hillclimb events? Search up Pikes Peak, and you'll see how often that's used for hillclimbs, and what they even allow there. Motorcycles, cars, even quads. 

Start a petition, demand fairer government IC, push for elections, establish political parties through powerful contacts

This actually made me laugh. Yes, let me just get my character that wrenches on cars into politics. Can I run for presidency next? People shouldn't have to bust their ass off and drag themselves into politics and establish political parties to get a simple event going. That's not how that goes.

Edited by JustAnM43
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

It basically just gets fucked over because the elegy copbaiters with guns gangbangin these racetracks outchea. These legal race events are one of my favorite things to pop up on the server as a big car enthusiast myself. I gives me hope in the car scene and I really hate seeing it get disallowed cause the illegal side of racing and it's complete lack of RP standard in majority of that rp, with the general lack of strict methods and the "I don't care, it's a game, so I treat my RP as a game" kind of mentality that you find in just about any scene on any game that has roleplay. When a game's in the mix, people have a harder time treating it as RP and as a real person, with real cars, guns etc. They probably aren't the main reason but I know for sure they're a big part of it. People look at anything car related and assume its the same level of quality as that.

on a more serious note, tho;

That said, it is a very IC issue (most likely a mainly IC issue, even) as well with groups like LSAC/URL and even 40oz who's pretty rowdy we're actively doing stuff out in the boonies, but less in your face than the other groups cause of that around like smoke fragrance who's less active these days and streetnet kinda making cops bring the hammer down a little, so legal events get throw into it because the illegal racers show up to them and practice them before it happens. I think a way to combat that would be keeping the tracks extremely secret to outsiders that aren't involved with the legal side of getting these events handled and approved that way the people that don't follow the law ICly have a harder time ruining your reputation by driving the roads illegally before the events are a thing. Pair that with seeking out active sponsorships and a petition like HaveADream suggested and get as many people on board as possible to help your case, you may just stand a chance at getting these things more legally situated.

Get the government to trust you as a reputable and professional group that knows how to handle their things and has contingencies to provide safety to the public as best as you possibly can (as I suggested with things like keeping track location and route more private etc until it's actually track day, and have those practice runs teach them the track instead) and I think you'd get that kind of IC and OOC view needed to get your things approved so your roleplay isn't hindered by it. It's mainly an IC issue, however there is a small amount of OOC no matter what anyone says that needs to be handled. If all people see you as is another John Monroe or Katsu Salvatore streetracing and running from the police (not saying this as any offense or insult to them, don't lynch me. i don't mean it in a toxic way. Its just fact, they street race and run from the cops a lot, and are good examples of the types of characters that hinder the legal side of the car scene by making the cops crack down on everyone. It's a consequence of actions whether good or bad.)

I also think the government currently really doesn't know much about motorsport as said, and that I think needs to change, because people shouldn't be getting denied for something as silly as "muh muh dangerous" lol. Motorsport is dangerous. Rally is dangerous. Hill climbs are dangerous. Track racing is dangerous. Yet it's still an extremely popular thing, much like combat sports etc. The street racing thing I get, hence the "distance yourself from that, and become reputable with the government as a professional and legit party" suggestion that'll help. Much similar to arguments I've had in discord where people treat me like a retard for the 1st half of the argument until they see my point because they see what car my character drives and lop me in with the problem.

People are generally keen on the legal racing events as it's a way for them to keep their legal characters all the way legal, but when they become tainted by actions of illegal racers it tends to get a little tricky. I fuck around a lot with the people I encounter that I don't really feel like they care about maintaining a good rp atmosphere but there's my honest two cents on it, at least in terms of car roleplaying events such as RIA's championships. I think it's a great thing and you guys put a lot of effort into it which I can appreciate.

• Upvote 2

I've tried to solve it in character already but it seems like it's being ignored. With the public press and with the contact request. Nothing. Public press has 607 views on GTAW forum. 

And yeah, one of RiA Org IC goals is to take racing off the streets. Since we started it, it has that policy. It's presented a long time ago.

Edited by Zorbe
  • Upvote 2

@Zorbe Contact requests are useless. I sometimes wait over a week to hear from someone. Kind of hard to plan an event around that especially if you're on timetable lol. I completely understand.

I agree that this is an in-character issue, to a point. However, I also agree that at some point this becomes an OOC matter when the person making the decisions doesn't appear to know anything about the motorsport scene ICly. Denying a motorsport race because it's dangerous? Come on, really?

http://ppihc.org/

https://www.scca.com/pages/hill-climb

http://chcaracing.com/

https://visitindiana.com/events/48074-newport-antique-auto-hill-climb

https://www.wdcr-scca.org/hillclimb

http://nhahillclimb.org/events/

http://www.hillclimb.org/schedule.html

At least provide a path to getting it approved instead of taking a "that's going to be a hard no forever" stance. As @Smonk said up above, let RiA prove that they are the organization that can get this done. This is a healthy outlet for RP outside of the overdone scene of bars, drinking, rinse and repeat. These things in real life prove to be great sports for both competitors and spectators.

It's definitely something that should be looked at more closely, obviously with the idea that safety is a #1 priority. Work with LSFD and LSPD to keep the roads closed off for the race. Ensure there is a timely response if there is some sort of accident, which can happen. That is just part of the sport that every driver understands and accepts.

Edited by Kestalas
13 hours ago, Kestalas said:

@Zorbe Contact requests are useless. I sometimes wait over a week to hear from someone. Kind of hard to plan an event around that especially if you're on timetable lol. I completely understand.

I agree that this is an in-character issue, to a point. However, I also agree that at some point this becomes an OOC matter when the person making the decisions doesn't appear to know anything about the motorsport scene ICly. Denying a motorsport race because it's dangerous? Come on, really?

http://ppihc.org/

https://www.scca.com/pages/hill-climb

http://chcaracing.com/

https://visitindiana.com/events/48074-newport-antique-auto-hill-climb

https://www.wdcr-scca.org/hillclimb

http://nhahillclimb.org/events/

http://www.hillclimb.org/schedule.html

At least provide a path to getting it approved instead of taking a "that's going to be a hard no forever" stance. As @Smonk said up above, let RiA prove that they are the organization that can get this done. This is a healthy outlet for RP outside of the overdone scene of bars, drinking, rinse and repeat. These things in real life prove to be great sports for both competitors and spectators.

It's definitely something that should be looked at more closely, obviously with the idea that safety is a #1 priority. Work with LSFD and LSPD to keep the roads closed off for the race. Ensure there is a timely response if there is some sort of accident, which can happen. That is just part of the sport that every driver understands and accepts.

When I've sent our forum thread to SpawnMatrix he said that staff likes the idea. LSPD and LSFD are supporting us too. Spectators, competitors also.

Only problem are these special event permits. And I think that they are not useless, but when there's an organisation who's job is to make events? I think that it should be dynamic. There's a lot of ways to fix this thing. Like a monthly permit or something. Because it's a little too much of waiting - not for me, but for the people who want to be included in this type of RP. One race per month isn't enough. Two or three would be just okay and realistic. And it's not like we are about to do only hillclimbs, we will do rallys too - and rally can be organised at any season. I hope mayor will leave a reply here in the end.

And yes, we already did that with LSPD on the last hillclimb race we organised. We even bought two cars and a tow truck with our money for safety cars like on real life race events, not mentioning CarTune and their mechanci support and their tows.

gta-world-camera-2019-10-10-16-37-7.png

gta-world-camera-2019-10-10-16-37-0.png

gta-world-camera-2019-10-10-16-37-3.png

gta-world-camera-2019-10-10-21-24-33.png

Edited by Zorbe