Stuttering with RageMP

onefortyseven

First of all, I've no clue is this a correct section for this type of question, if it's not, I'd like it if someone could move it to the correct section. Anyways, lately (Didn't happen like 1-2 months ago (last time I played) on the exact same PC configuration, same copy of windows, hardware, etcetera), my game's running pretty much flawlessly unless I open the chatbox, then FPS drops to like 5-10 and it stutters like shit, until the chatbox is closed. Also sometimes I think I experience a split-second freeze every time there's a new message in the chat, but not certain. What could it be? Any fixes? ( It doesn't matter if I'm driving or not, happens on foot, in a car, sitting, walking, etc. )

https://youtu.be/r6HMSyLqA6o 

Edited by Brian
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same thing. Still not sure what exactly the reason was but I back traced it to the new Rockstar launcher. It kicks in heavy when I alt tab too much too.

What made it go away or not be as bad , was these three things I did :

• Turned off the windows indexer(Search)
  • Unplugged my SSD drive while playing.
  • Removed all the unnecessary files and shortcuts from desktop

Extra :

• Trying not to have too many internet tabs open while alt tabbing.
3 hours ago, Trout said:

It's a bit weird but my game stutters like hell when I take all my options to Normal but when I keep a few of the graphic stuff on High it works perfectly fine.

GTA V is not optimized at all and graphic end is on CPU, so stronger CPU's will have issues with smaller load. 

3 hours ago, DeAngelo said:

Which drivers you have at the moment?

image.png.3819a0b9f5284ae7fe0bc1ca33e0b0f5.png

( I know it's a pretty old and probably pretty bad GPU, but I was able to run RageMP / GTAV normally on the same driver version and with the same GPU up until like... 1-2 months ago, can't remember when was it that I played for the last time before quitting for a bit. )

Edited by Brian