The "Drugs have no benefits" Argument is Weak

DLimit

1 minute ago, EliH said:

Dude, not to use this as a bragging point or some retarded internet epeen thing, but I've probably done more drugs than you in real life.

I wasn't making a point based on how many drugs I've done. Also, yeah that definitely came off as an epeen thing. You had no reason to insert that considering you know nothing about me as a human being and I know nothing about you. A) You have no way of knowing if you've done more drugs than me. B) It's irrelevant to the point I am making. It's not lending you credibility for your argument of adding scripts to make it "fun" for a heavy role play server. 

I was making a point based on having knowledge of use and addiction which, according to your post above, you should also know all about. I was making a point on how it can work into a character's story.

You shouldn't be looking for OOC gratification to want to RP something. This is an endemic problem with role play in this community.

"Your car doesn't seem realistic for the character you're trying to portray"

"Haha yeah but it's really fun to drive bro."

It's the exact same concept. Make a character. Give them a rich and fleshed out backstory. Play the role. If they're a boring corporate suit like one of my characters, drive an appropriate car. If they're poor, work an appropriate job and role play the money your character would actually have - not what's scriptly sitting in their bank account. If your character would use drugs, use drugs. You shouldn't need incentive to procure and use them. You can role-play their effects just fine if you've done all the drugs like you say.

If you don't get it, you're not going to so I'm finished bickering here.

• Applaud 1

I'll reiterate what I said before, suggesting not to add something because it can be roleplayed instead would mean the only things needed to be scripted are /me, /do and chat. 

We add scripted features to enhance the experience of the player, if you want to roleplay extra and research stuff to enrich your RP good on you. Some players don't want to get bogged down in the details. The truth is, no matter how much research you do you'll have no idea what the effects of certain drugs have on you unless you take them personally. 

The effects also serve as a reminder for players of their limits and what their character might be experiencing and actually assist their roleplay.

I see where some of you are coming from, you shouldn't need a scripted effect for an excuse to use drugs IG. If you're portraying your character as a drug user, use the drugs and RP it accordingly without a scripted effect.

Then again, it wouldn't be bad thing for something to be scripted in for the drug usage, this would increase the flow of drugs throughout the server, which would be beneficial for dealers and increase their RP around drugs. Taking the drug you should be somewhat benefited, not necessarily a p2w benefit, just a benefit.

If a player uses a drug on the one off they should be benefited and go back to their normal state after the drug wears off without some kind of disadvantage phase that makes them want to take the drug again.

On the other hand, if the player is a constant drug user they will gain this benefit but in order for them to gain it they'd have to take more of the drug due to their tolerance being higher than your average one off user. And a player that is a regular drug abuser they should go through a phase that puts them at a disadvantage such as impaired vision or something alike when they're not high on the drug, and for them to get back to a somewhat normal state they'd have to take the drug again.

Edited by VVS
  • Applaud 1