The "Drugs have no benefits" Argument is Weak

DLimit

5 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Those are most likely black market vapes as the cannabis industry is very shady and still in a huge gray area, just because they're packaged and sold at a shop does not mean it wasn't illegally made and packaged, that's becoming the new thing that the illegal market is taking advantage of. Depending on who made them it can be loaded with bullshit or other additives and not much THC.

They are literally Juul pods but yeah they ain’t good for you. 

12 minutes ago, Max3 said:

They are literally Juul pods but yeah they ain’t good for you. 

THC Juul pods? Those are third party companies I believe and that's back to the main point I've stated. People will lie and brand their shit as Juul because they know that's what attracts kids your age, they don't give a fuck about your well being. That's the shit that's literally killing people. I'll try to stay off this thread since I don't want to spam it but on a personal note you should stay away from that shit, those are not real Juul pods and those contain in some cases literal cyanide once heated up in a vape and you're inhaling it. You're better off smoking cigarettes, it will kill you later not in a couple of years. Or if you like smoking that much stick with just regular bud.

As for the server including side effects for drugs I'm all for it, I think that's awesome. I'm not sure what the system is right now currently, if there's health boosters (something to also help with encouraging drug sales) but I'm okay with that as well. We can't get high over a computer screen so make it worth something in the game to purchase.

Edited by Sinister
22 hours ago, Kizzy said:

Personally feel like there needs to be a reason behind drugs and alcohol itself, for instance. If you drink way too much (so all these people who go to bars and down about 20 vodkas and act like nothings happened) have a price to pay, for instance. If you drink alot your character begins to rely on it, it deteriorates your character and you spawn with slightly lesser hp depending on how much you drink, same for drugs, and to for it to be stopped you have to seek rehabilitation or medical help.

instead of hp, it should give visual effects or walking effects

As a person known on the internet as "HappyToker", I kinda miss the option to pass around joints/blunts to other people so they could also have the effect without me giving them a whole gram... I roll 3 to 4 joints per gram, and I'm satisfied for a whole day, but using 1 gram for 1 joint is just a waste of money imo... You might as well smoke blunts RPly.

If there was a way to work with 0,xx grams, I'd think it would be better, perhaps even break open a cigarette to roll the spliff with tobacco for a shorter effect. When I'm RP making a spliff, I always make sure I got a pack of Redwoods on me to make it realistic imo, I'm from the Netherlands and all we do is smoke spliffs most of the time, in regards of users.

• Upvote 2
18 hours ago, DLimit said:

In the end, though, you don't need the visual effects to roleplay being high just as you don't need the visual effects to roleplay being drunk. It shows a lack of creativity upon people if they rely on that visual effect to roleplay the effect.

That's the same for anything, we could just RP everything, but it's about utilising scripted functions to guide our roleplay and create an immersive environment

I'm a recovering drug addict and alcoholic IRL and have worked that experience into a lot of my characters on GTAW. It's part of the character's story. In my honest opinion, drugs shouldn't have any script effects at all. In a heavy RP environment, the onus should be on the role player to realistically depict the effects of drug use, addiction, and the havoc it wreaks on both their character's life and those around them.

Like anything else someone intends to role play, if a player does not have first-hand knowledge of the subject matter then they should put in the research needed to depict it realistically before hitting "Create New Character".

Script effects should not be a factor in drug RP at all. If you want to work drug use or addiction into your character's story then you can do that with a bit of research and a dedication to role play you have committed to.

1 hour ago, borhoi said:

In my honest opinion, drugs shouldn't have any script effects at all. Script effects should not be a factor in drug RP at all. If you want to work drug use or addiction into your character's story then you can do that with a bit of research and a dedication to role play you have committed to.

no they definitely should