Rule Change - Don't demand script-items for simple things.

Kassandra

Hi,

I've been told by people in game while at a bar that people have to give items when selling things, even things like drinks. Given that drinks are priced in stores apparently quite high, this seems a little silly.

My suggestion would be, if both parties are fine with it, simply don't demand someone gets a 'vodka' item for example when ordering a drink. I can RP that without a script just fine, and this way bars can charge realistic prices instead of charging $150 for a drink of whiskey. 

Furthermore, when I buy a whiskey from a bar I order by the glass not the bottle. 

If this isn't a requirement and I'm mistaken, then fantastic, please go ahead and just close this. 

But if not, then it just seems silly and artifically drives prices up in places people should want to go to RP. 

Thanks. 

Strongly against. It's like saying don't expect to get an actual car when buying one from the dealership. All the scripted items that are in game should be RP'd too. With an exception of the items some businesses  can create - because we don't know all kinds of items that are actually in there. It's literally what makes up the economy - the demand for items, for businesses.

14 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

Strongly against. It's like saying don't expect to get an actual car when buying one from the dealership. All the scripted items that are in game should be RP'd too. With an exception of the items some businesses  can create - because we don't know all kinds of items that are actually in there. It's literally what makes up the economy - the demand for items, for businesses.

I wouldn't compare getting a drink at a bar to getting a car in the context of script items. 

But if we're going to force people to use scripts (again, we're forcing people to buy bottle prices for glasses) then it might be an idea to lower the prices of those goods.

Had a bar charge us $500 for a drink, because the drink was mixed they charged for every part of it. 

It's also a powergaming issue. If you use the script item, you become drunk (even if it is for a ludicrously short period of time) and can therefore be breathalysed. 

If you don't receive and use an item, you are not drunk and it will not show up on breathalysers. No matter how well you roleplay being drunk, there's nothing stopping you from being pulled by PD and 'forgetting' to mention the six beers, three vodka shots, tequila and champagne you'd had over the course of the evening.

Sorry but I'm against this.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

I wouldn't compare getting a drink at a bar to getting a car in the context of script items. 

But if we're going to force people to use scripts (again, we're forcing people to buy bottle prices for glasses) then it might be an idea to lower the prices of those goods.

Had a bar charge us $500 for a drink, because the drink was mixed they charged for every part of it. 

Yes, this is an actual issue with the alcohol script, it still don't make you drunk for enough time. I'd say the prices could stay for stronger alcohol but if you can actually be drunk longer then you can RP that one alcohol item as an actual bottle. With beer and such the prices could be just a little lower but the duration of drunkness raised as well.

What happened to just RPing your character adequately? If I drink a couple of beers in a bar I know full well that my char will be drunk and I don't need the script to babysit me and feed me with rp opportunities. 

Imo support, ppl need to realise that rp is not just what the script offers you. 

Edited by Brian
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, Brian said:

What happened to just RPing your character adequately

Since people don't always do that. I've seen people RP not being drunk after having 7 whiskies. Like, tf. Alcohol script can do so much, but when breathalized, it tells a different story. 

This sounds like a rather bad suggestion due to two reasons:

• You'll not be buying alcohol (you save money) and you'll be selling it for a similar price like now. This means that you'll not be buying any alcohol at all and you'll be selling imaginary "roleplayed" drinks to people and you'll earn a few times more money compared to what you're earning now.
  • If implemented, this will heavily impact the currently existing liquor stores, because many of them do supply the nightclubs, bars, and other businesses with alcohol, so unless you're having a good idea as to what to do with the liquor stores if this gets implemented, I do not think that you should continue any further.

Let's not forget that we don't live in a realistic economy where things cost normal prices. You're complaining about paying $150 for a whiskey where people make $5000 an hour for 40 hours and others make supplemental income depending on their job (mechanic, courier, etc.). Now there is an upcoming implementation for other jobs at 24/7's, Tattoo parlors, and such where people will be make up to an additional $12,000 a day (4 hours x $3000 an hour). $150 for a whiskey is not a problem in this kind of economy. Hell, even $500 for a custom drink isn't really necessary. I see nothing wrong here.

Also, if a bar or a businesses is selling something, it should have it as a real item. That is why they made the custom item script so that restaurants and such could sell tangible items. As Adero mentioned, it also helps liquor stores that actually supply businesses.

Edited by Kestalas
15 hours ago, Adero said:

This sounds like a rather bad suggestion due to two reasons:

• You'll not be buying alcohol (you save money) and you'll be selling it for a similar price like now. This means that you'll not be buying any alcohol at all and you'll be selling imaginary "roleplayed" drinks to people and you'll earn a few times more money compared to what you're earning now.
  • If implemented, this will heavily impact the currently existing liquor stores, because many of them do supply the nightclubs, bars, and other businesses with alcohol, so unless you're having a good idea as to what to do with the liquor stores if this gets implemented, I do not think that you should continue any further.

I have played in plenty of places that don't require you to give actual script items at bars. There was absolutely no change in the amount of people who attended.

People visit venues for RP, not to buy scripted items.  If your venue offers something unique and interesting, people will come.

In regards to the economy, I won't pretend to know enough about the state of the server economy to suggest some major overhaul. But if I were to run a bar, which I'd like to do IC, it'll be for the RP aspect not to make actual script money.  That's what we're here for, after all. 

• mj2002 locked this topic