Why are PD not applying for CK's on serious crimes/criminals?

shiroq

17 minutes ago, Caoimheal said:

That’s a worrying attitude to take over RP

You're literally telling me preferring an IC resolution over an OOC one ( a GM report ) is a worrying attitude to take over RP? 

Are you sure you're on the right server? We Roleplay here.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
5 minutes ago, Caoimheal said:

And if they died as a consequence of the shoot out, they’d take the ck instead? 

... I don't know? I think that was addressed above. Not sure what that has to do with people preferring a proper conclusion to a story arc, though.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

You're literally telling me preferring an IC resolution over an OOC one ( a GM report ) is a worrying attitude to take over RP? 

Are you sure you're on the right server? We Roleplay here.

I’m not entirely sure that attitude is required, and that is not what I’m saying at all.

The point of this thread was to ask why PD don’t seek CKs on players who do not show the correct accountability. My point is and was that no one seems to accept accountability anymore, as a broader issue, and reports should always be put forward in instances where a player’s roleplay is questionable. 

An old server I used to play on SAMP had an alternate RICO system which worked quite nicely - where basically it was a 3 strike system. Three serious charges on your record (these can stack in one arrest if it's multiple murders etc.) would result in a life sentence (CK). 

I've never been arrested on this server so I'm not all that sure of what actually happens for multiple charges or murders, but it does seem like the punishment doesn't fit the crime sometimes. 

One example that happened a few days ago was Jordan Crowell, a whole swat team was out on finding him and once they did, they tried to apprehend him. He shot back tho and a whole squad fired on him, causing him to die. Admin basically said "Yeah, you'll have to CK" and well, JC doesn't play GTA:W anymore...

10 minutes ago, HappyToker said:

One example that happened a few days ago was Jordan Crowell, a whole swat team was out on finding him and once they did, they tried to apprehend him. He shot back tho and a whole squad fired on him, causing him to die. Admin basically said "Yeah, you'll have to CK" and well, JC doesn't play GTA:W anymore...

And that is why people are held accountable for their character's actions. Surely, losing your character which you've spent tens or hundreds of hours on sucks, but that's the cost of being reckless and careless. Whether people leave over pity offenses like this, reflects their quality nature and whether they just really strive to roleplay or to win.

In my humble opinion, if you're going to leave a community based on the fact that you lost your character, due to your OWN negligence, you shouldn't be playing here in the first place. It's the cliche play-to-win stereotype and the community would be much better without them. Back on topic, I agree with the fact that PD should be actively pushing for character kills where applicable; because it'll simply force people to rise their standards and worry about their characters, something which in my opinion has no disadvantages.

• Upvote 1

I believe CK's should be forced a lot more. If you try to get yourself killed / pulls out a gun to get killed by PD to avoid prison time. It should be a instant CK. 

If you're disregarding your life and end up dying. Instant CK. 

Maybe then people will value their character and not RP like a retard.

• Björk locked this topic