Why are PD not applying for CK's on serious crimes/criminals?

shiroq

So, I can understand cops not wanting to take a CK if they die by some criminal who's not really in it for the RP, but for the money and dat gangsta lyfe.

Same way that the majority of criminal RPers don't really wanna take a needless CK from a driveby or some shoot out from conflict in between gangs. 

But at the same time, if you're on your 25th murder charge and still rocking around in the streets, that's a quality issue that should be addressed.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Caoimheal said:

Pretty much what PLM reports are for. If anyone is concerned about someone’s rap sheet and the continuity of a character, they can always report.

Except there is no real good way to go about getting that. Because you know their friends aren't going to report them for it unless there is some powerplay drawn down.

2 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

An OOC solution to an IC vendetta sounds pretty boring.

And also this. The point I was getting at was, if you are playing a character with all these charges stacked up at the ripe old age of 21 and served your X amount of days in jail and brush it off and continue your RP, you should probably reevaluate your character and what you find acceptable RP in general.

Having spent over a year in PD, it's becoming more and more common that criminals are shooting their way out of incidents. I can't recall a pursuit in the past week that I've been to where it didn't end in either an admin jail, the person being told to re-roleplay something, or simply just getting shot down for pulling a gun.

This post is not intended to address the other side of the argument, i.e. "cops should be CKed if they die in the line of duty."

It has been in the past where people who, against overwhelming odds, pull a gun to avoid jail time are force CKed - they have to wait out IRL because they can just respawn and be on their way in less than 5 minutes. There are also cases where criminals have CKed as a result of their actions. I'd like to highlight two memorable ones here.

The first one being Charlotte Mayfair - her character quickly deteriorated into a criminal as a result of a series of incidents I'm not fully aware of, but they included becoming involved in a romantic relationship with Rot Garden - whose head was shortly thereafter removed - and killing a cop: 

Spoiler

image.png

Once Mayfair was caught, she was arrested and charged with first degree murder. As a result, she CKed the character and roleplayed it as a life sentence. I liked that (and not just because it means no paperwork) because it highlighted the downward spiral her character took before having to deal with the consequences of her actions. Most people would just take the 30 hours and continue evading the cops like nothing happened.

The second one is fairly recent - Jordan Crowell. A high risk arrest warrant was placed against Crowell for various crime related things. He pulled a gun on LSPD's Metro and was very promptly turned into a human sieve. He CKed. This is notable because he's one of the only people in Forum Drive to do this. I don't know whether the CK was forced or voluntary, but every time I've tried to serve a warrant on a criminal and they die, they go "nah PK" which means two things:

• The warrant against them is now deemed "served" as they "died" as a result of the warrant execution and so the PD can't take that any further.
  • The LSPD's time was wasted as this person will most likely just go back to doing the exact same thing that led to the warrant being served in the first place.

Now, you might ask, Westen, what's your solution?

Whenever someone makes the distinct, clear decision to end their character's life as opposed to facing the consequences of their actions, they should be CKed. This would rely on the totality of the circumstances and not just "oh they pulled a gun" and I believe it should be down to PLM to review after the fact. There is a small time discrepancy between this though, between the time of death and PLM making their decision.

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Invictus said:

Most of the criminals, if not all of them, are bad, like really, really bad when it comes to CK. They just get in some random car and do the old school 90's when you roll up with your homies and you spray the UZI on your target. Oof, 2019... oof. Even if they get caught, what can they lose? A few days in jail and then out free. There's literally no fear from their side and they can repeat the same process over and over again. Honestly, those who request a CK on someone should be vulnerable to a CK too if caught by PD, no exceptions. Perhaps this way, criminals would be smarter than the classic DM fiesta.

Just a note on this, all of the CK's I have been apart of in the factions I have been in. Have resulted in the target having a CK mark on them, and everybody who was carrying it out having one on them by default. 

So I really thought that was how it of, when you apply for a CK

5 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I mean imagine you have a nemesis who shot 20 women 15 priests and 10 hookers and instead of killing him in a shootout he gets banned instead of being taken down in a shootout.

I'd much rather get that CK.

That’s a worrying attitude to take over RP. CK doesn’t equal a win, nor does a count of CKs under your belt either.

As for OOC solution to an IC problem, you are dressing this up like no one ever pauses rp to submit reports. I don’t see why that should be acceptable when you believe something is in your favour, and a rp faux pas when it’s not.

Anyway, I was playing devils advocate in that there are plenty situations where everyone could be CK’d - criminals and cops, and I maintain it’s about personal accountability across the board. 

Edited by Caoimheal
6 minutes ago, Caoimheal said:

That’s a worrying attitude to take over RP. CK doesn’t equal a win.

Not really, I think they're just saying they'd rather get to RP it out than have it taken OOC and the person banned. I'd guess most people feel this way. Nobody likes RP being cut off without the satisfaction of any kind of conclusion.

• Björk locked this topic