Why are PD not applying for CK's on serious crimes/criminals?

shiroq

So I'm sure something similar has been discussed many times and probably the general answer is "Wait for prison system" But why is PD not allowed (or not willing to maybe?) to apply for CK's on big cases or very serious criminals with many repeated offenses?

So with this whole EA case the company was found to have murderers, law breakers, racers etc as part of the company but in reality nothing is really going to happen and those people are probably doing nothing to hide themsleves or even afraid of the consequences of their actions. Everyone knows that are are plenty of criminals with multiple murders on their records yet they do their few days jail time, walk out free and go on and commit another murder absolutely anywhere, get caught do a few more days and keep on repeating the same thing over and over.

I'm not saying that every criminal should be cked (put in prison for life) but there certainly has to be a line somewhere to make things more realistic and actually matter. Currently any large criminal faction has no issue of commiting murders in the open because the worst that could happen is them getting few days of  jail if caught.

The investigative work done by Emilia Russo probably took a huge amount of hours and rp and it's actually amazing but all of that will basically amount to nothing as those people behind that company will be basically forgotten within a few weeks time they will close down their company, buy some new business and happily run it, there is zero consequences for any of their actions. Having actual threat to your characters would make people actually think before they do something stupid in the open, force them to hide their illegal activities if they are craving for it. Figure out some elaborate ways to continue with their things or from the fear of being cked completely stop and rething their life choices.

We all know that majority of "mall rats" own PF guns and any agressive actions towards them no matter who you are will result in you getting killed. You pull out a bat to beat someone up because they did something to your character? They will simply draw a gun on you and kill you, having no fear of anything except losing the PF license and a few days of gameplay on their character makes them feel invincible because even if their character does get killed they don't care about it as they are not part of any faction and have no bigger responsibilities to answer for their actions.

In my opinion with proper actual evidence gathered there should be serious consequences just like any civ/crim can apply for a CK to end someones character with enough evidence/reason through the CK application

Edited by shiroq
  • Upvote 1

People value their character and assets over roleplay, they'll 90% of the time never accept a CK, regardless of the crimes they commited. And for the situation in general as you mentioned, people don't care of bad PR for whatever reason, they laugh it off as a meme or whatever and not care of the ramifications it has on a business. They just don't care. 

Edited by Mitch
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Mitch said:

People value their character and assets over roleplay, they'll 90% of the time never accept a CK, regardless of the crimes they commited. 

Well which is why after cking you get to keep your assets, pretty sure that's the intended thing so that people don't have to throw away hundreds or thousands of hours they have put into their assets, criminals have no say over ck's if they get one approved on them so I don't see this any differently. If a CK get's approved by the management of the server they don't get a choice. They should have thought about being more careful in their actions.

Edited by shiroq
Just now, shiroq said:

They should have thought about being more careful in their actions

I wish people on this server thought more about this, but it's incredibly rare to see people actually be scared of messing up in a business, or causing a PR nightmare, they just shrug it off and continue on their daily business. 

Yeah, as a PD I've sometimes seen people with multiple Arrests, murder attempts, etc. And all I can think of is that they'll get a measly 10K fine ( 2 hours of work as a bartender lol ) and 6 hours in jail. That they'll probably spend on an alt anyway.

There's no real consequence. If CK lets you keep assets, there should be a jail time that doesn't. Get caught murdering someone, 20 years in jail and you get no assets back. Makes people think about their actions.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

Most of the criminals, if not all of them, are bad, like really, really bad when it comes to CK. They just get in some random car and do the old school 90's when you roll up with your homies and you spray the UZI on your target. Oof, 2019... oof. Even if they get caught, what can they lose? A few days in jail and then out free. There's literally no fear from their side and they can repeat the same process over and over again. Honestly, those who request a CK on someone should be vulnerable to a CK too if caught by PD, no exceptions. Perhaps this way, criminals would be smarter than the classic DM fiesta.

I guess for the same reason that PD don’t want to accept CKs for getting shot in the line of duty. Yes, serious criminals could be CK’d but so could police officers given their jobs are dangerous and the chances of them being badly wounded are high - real life and in roleplay.

Asking this question is almost setting up two sides - PD and criminals. It doesn’t have to be like that, but there’s a mentality on both sides that makes it so.

Question should be ‘why won’t anyone take a CK if they’ve acted in a way that recklessly endangered their own life?”

• Upvote 1

Nobody has anything to fear with the new life rules.

I’ve seen members of PD stroll into heavily gang controlled areas alone and then report when they are ‘deathmatched’ after bothering random gang members on their own turf.

It’s a general problem, not a problem that only one side of the argument is guilty of.

There are things in the works to assist with this issue (ie prison, etc) but that doesn’t mean the only issue here is one sided.

Edited by Caoimheal
  • Thanks 1

As a member of PD, namely a Detective; I can state that we do have the ability to legally CK someone, it's just we rarely if ever do it unless the person in question has a rather large record of multiple serious offences or has commited so many offences in one single incident it would be enough to warrant a legal CK.

I can understand the frustration that comes from the lack of consequences for some of these players, those that openly murder others over rather petty issues. But, I can assure you that we do have the ability, but we require in most cases more than one singular incident to legally CK someone. In most cases, if we ever force a CK upon someone it's if they're done something rather stupid such as shoot at cops when they're already held at gunpoint.

The biggest issue so far in respect of legally CK'ing someone is down to the evidence at hand, just like how when you apply for a CK to begin with, you need respective evidence we also need the same, but to a somewhat larger degree to prove the fact that they're simply not learning their lesson or failing to fear authorities as they rightly should so after X amount of crimes they've commited.

Edited by Ylva
  • Björk locked this topic