Roleplaying Rich

DLimit

Greetings.

I've witnessed several posts from members of the "GTA:W" community revolving around the topic of "Roleplaying Rich". Thus, I ask the community the following question: In your opinion, how does one roleplay rich and wealthy within this server?

Now, by rich, I am not referring to a person that drives around an expensive race-car. Although, despite younger generation multi-millionaires possessing this lifestyle to a certain degree, I am attempting to prioritize on developing a sort of "Elitist Club", which functions like a Masonic Lodge, within the server. I am attempting to pose my self as an Elitist individual within society for roleplay purposes, not just in-game money-related purposes. I already possess several ideas towards roleplaying as a wealthy bourgeois-member of society. However, I would not mind receiving feedback on one's idea of a rich and wealthy person on this server.

How do YOU portray a rich and wealthy person on the server?

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1

Going too rich takes away the reason your character might have to interact with other players. Even my semi rich character was better out interacting most of Los Santoners, so I kind of tuned him down a little. Roleplaying rich means that one must understand that he didn't get there by acting like an avatar of a Youtube-discord profile but studies hard and learned how to control his emotions and make tactical decisions that he uses daily.

Edited by Guest
typos
3 hours ago, DLimit said:

Greetings.

In your opinion, how does one roleplay rich and wealthy within this server?

* Have a weird ass fetish or have a lesbian character

* Drive around in a sports car

* Hang around MP or Vespucci

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, DLimit said:

Now, by rich, I am not referring to a person that drives around an expensive race-car. Although, despite younger generation multi-millionaires possessing this lifestyle to a certain degree, I am attempting to prioritize on developing a sort of "Elitist Club", which functions like a Masonic Lodge, within the server.

So a bunch of hobbyists meeting up to talk about a club?

Masons aren't anything special. If you want to portray rich people, establish a country club and find a niche. But masons aren't inherently rich.

Rich people don't drive supercars and avoid police, like you said. I know rich people in real life, and the super rich don't give a shit about anything flashy either. You can't tell if someone is super-rich until they pay exorbitant amounts of money casually at the cash register while wearing their shitty sweats and shirt. They might participate at political functions, talk shit with elected officials, and use their money to advance their interests, but for the most part they're low-profile and use sketchy people for any dirty work.

Edited by Bospy
  • Upvote 1
20 hours ago, DLimit said:

Invest the money wisely in profitable businesses, expect returns, don't go full autism mode by driving a Pariah and screaming 'im rich looooool'. Wealthy people can be incredibly influential with their capital, especially if they invest it and get shares / % ownership in a company. And no, just because you own a generic nightclub that pulls somewhat ok numbers, you're not rich. 

You have both roleplaying rich and roleplaying wealthy. I like the wealthy RP with my group. Basically what we do is just invest our money into small companies and get a percentage and slowly we start getting a passive income. We are not closed however, but yes it does bring too much attention which bothers me because people just want to come after you because they know you are wealthy and have a lot of money and basically that's their reason. But back to the point! I portray my rich character as a big time entrepreneur. He doesn't spend on flashy stuff however. 

And then there's the ones who RP rich, that only have money and don't know what to do next since they have their house, their car, and some other things... But yeah that's not what I do. 

Edited by Chuck Lee

depends on your character rather than your money usually.

A rapper ain't gonna act the same as a long time businessman and CEO in most cases, for example.

Only "rich" character I've had was only really semi-rich cause of her trade and saving money since her taste in cars and living wasn't exactly expensive, or not as much as some other types. The stereotypical "I make too much money to know what to do with so I'll just let it sit till I find a purpose for it" type, essentially. I usually either RP rich characters as very humble hardworking people that've put in the work to get where they are, or rich ass inheritance babies that are snobby asf and entitled, somewhere inbetween can be fun as well. At the same time if the character's main purpose is being a rich character it's usually a bad character, so I hardly focus on that. A few quick points jotted in my head on how they treat their money and that's pretty much about it.

This is a pretty good question though, I look forward to seeing other people's perspectives on rping rich/wealthy chars.

It depends what you want, your driving force to be. Focusing on money and businesses or the lifestyle or both. For me personally just chilling in expensive car around Mirror Park is boring, simply because MP isn't aimed at roleplaying wealthy characters, you have Rockford and Vinewood for such, Vespucci is out of question either, for that you can have Chumash or Pacific Bluffs. Other than that it really depends on personality you want to portray. There's variety of wealthy people out there, some are more or less hidden or they blend into general society, some tend to flaunt their achievements to anyone around them. Then there is the income, if you prefer passive one aka ooc, not avaliable anymore I am afraid, or active. Active one requires you actively participating, buying / selling, buying / renting etc etc. I myself roleplayed a wife of luxury car dealer for a longer time. Ofc he was actually buying and selling those cars. Elitist club isn't really a bad idea. There are plenty of activities such club can do. Also mind you, that life of a wealthy character isn't normally just sitting back on a yacht, no they actively engage in their moneymaking activities, projects, meetings and governing their corporations in general, not because they have to, but because they want to have everything under control. Also finding someone willing to roleplay your assistant would be interesting addition. The one always in a suit with the laptop or folders in hand :) As for the cars, if you wanna be super rich, hire a driver and I'd recommend Oracle or Felon for a daily car. Some of these people also drive sportscars, but not daily. Car pricing in GTA is a bit weird imo, cause cars that should be more expensive, aren't.

Edited by Engelbert

My character is a wealthy woman who essentially does her job as a hobby and runs the business as a safety net. To be totally honest with you this server is quite hostile towards people with wealthier characters and quite often I feel like I'm singled out as a bad person for having a lot of assets and trying to portray a wealthier character. I'd love a more elite club, such as the country club, where your average joe can't come and spoil it for the upper class individuals. I'm talking dress codes, etiquitte etc. Unfortunately we're never going to see this because rich person bhed. Dreams are free, though.

Edited by Conway
16 minutes ago, Conway said:

My character is a wealthy woman who essentially does her job as a hobby and runs the business as a safety net. To be totally honest with you this server is quite hostile towards people with wealthier characters and quite often I feel like I'm singled out as a bad person for having a lot of assets and trying to portray a wealthier character. I'd love a more elite club, such as the country club, where your average joe can't come and spoil it for the upper class individuals. I'm talking dress codes, etiquitte etc. Unfortunately we're never going to see this because rich person bhed. Dreams are free, though.

I can relate to that. I had such idea in the past, even location and rules sorted out. Something stopped me though, apart from the fact that I couldn't have the building in question and then I felt that people wouldn't be interested much.