• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
The Brotherhood of Steel

Did Menyoo change GTAWorld?

Menyoo  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Morning said:

Started out great, but now way too many idiots people use it and ruined it for the rest of us. Just because some things are available (guns, FACE MODS, etc) doesn't mean you need to use them kiddos.

Weren't you one of the people that started this whole thing?

pixel    61

I'd like to also point out that custom housing that have outdoor areas such as balconies should then also be PG because they aren't in the main public game instance so it doesn't allow for interruption or interation from people in the server that might be walking by etc. 

I think the problem is that it's no longer just a Facebrowser tool and it's affecting more and more actual In-Game roleplay. If you don't powergame and just use it to explain your character's backstory/personality etc - go for it. However, you can see the clear trend where increasing amount of Menyoo content has also brought loads of club openings and "clubbing lifestyle" in general. I'd say that Menyoo combined with Facebrowser is starting to affect the character creation bit too much at this point. 

Edited by le moitessiere

Morning    129
28 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Steel said:

Weren't you one of the people that started this whole thing?

Menyoo? Yes. Using guns and face mods and making the cringey shit that comes out now? No sis.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Westen    151
10 hours ago, Morning said:

Using guns and face mods and making the cringey shit that comes out now?

oh and on that note, criminals, please don't stop posing with guns on facebrowser. it makes for fun warrants when the lspd boot your door in 🙂

• Applaud 1

Conway    53

Tbh it has the same effect Facebrowser in general does. A lot of times it's just a tool for the portion of sexually frustrated players to scratch their itch. That said I use menyoo myself and I'm in no way against it. What I am against is the general lack of common sense many people seem to have with it.

• Upvote 1

BobBob    11

I'm personally against people using Menyoo or OpenIV to add custom clothes that cannot be obtained In-Game or using anything your character does not have (cars, house, interior, drugs, guns etc). As long as a person keeps it realistic I'm fine with it. But using SP or Menyoo to get unrealistic photos should be a big no-no.

To keep it simple; Only use Menyoo with things your character got and for the love of god stop adding custom clothes in your pictures or fly yourself to a location your character wouldn't have access to.

• Upvote 1

Davko    20
2 hours ago, BobBob said:

I'm personally against people using Menyoo or OpenIV to add custom clothes that cannot be obtained In-Game or using anything your character does not have (cars, house, interior, drugs, guns etc). As long as a person keeps it realistic I'm fine with it. But using SP or Menyoo to get unrealistic photos should be a big no-no.

To keep it simple; Only use Menyoo with things your character got and for the love of god stop adding custom clothes in your pictures or fly yourself to a location your character wouldn't have access to.

I completely agree w/ this /\ ; people that spawn in vehicles, just to 'flex' with something they cannot afford / don't have IC should be punished. Actually, there's a rule about that already, but FB mods ( from my perspective ) barely focus on moderating the website at all... About the 'custom clothes' is the only thing that I do not agree with; it doesn't cause any harm when someone posts a picture w/ a custom shirt or something, as long as the picture itself is "realistic" and such.

Edited by Davko

ashamar    2

I haven't used it, but from what I read here, it seems like it has it's uses but is easily abused.  That being said, I know people in RL that look like they have perfect lives on Facebook, when I know that they've tweaked their photos, posted only selective events and exaggerated their accomplishments.  Anything in fb/forums that you see could be challenged and invalidated through in-game RP, so I'm not sure I feel like it rises to the level of PG. It's lame but I don't feel like it's detrimental to my own RP in any way.

• Upvote 1

Everett    55

Just heard about it recently 😄

I think it should be pretty straightforward... if you want to use Menyoo to take some cool pictures of your character with different clothes/poses/etc' then it's all good! Heck, even animations which do not exist on the server... why not?

Showing off with guns/cars you don't have and other things of this nature? Probably not a good idea!

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1