Did Menyoo change GTAWorld?

Menyoo  

125 members have voted

1. 1. When Menyoo was introduced to GTAWorld did it change the server in a way?

• Yes, It made the server worse.
    • Yes, It made the server better.
    • Nah, It's still the same as before.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2019 at 06:00 PM

Anyways, I have heard many good and bad points about Menyoo and I was curious what people think about using this. For the people that doesn't know what Menyoo is, It's a third party trainer for Singleplayer with various editor options that lets you change your character's appearance and even edit some mapping.  I've mixed opinions on this, from what I've seen Menyoo is mainly used for FaceBrowser or Character Stories etc, mainly scenarios. Me personally? I like to do everything ingame like on GTAWorld itself rather than going into singleplayer. Why? Because It can be easily faked especially when you're in a Faction or whatever. It's also misrepresentative of the server's features, available clothes etc. I also have heard from people that there are players that only go into Singleplayer to make Menyoo screenshots just to post on FB, and you hardly see them IG which blows my mind. If you only post those kind of screenshots on FB or Character Stories only, why are you even here on GTAWorld? You may be giving content for the forum, or Facebrowser but is it actually doing anything for the server if you're not IG?

This has been on my mind for quite a while and I wanted to share it with the others of the community. What's your take on this? Let me know below.

I also have a Poll open, It will close next Friday.

Edited by The Brotherhood of Steel

As a net gain or loss in quality, I'd say it takes down the quality of the community just a tiny bit. I've seen some of what you brought up - characters that seem to simply exist just to post Menyoo selfies on FaceBrowser. I don't really think that's role-playing, or at least not heavy role-play. Another issue is the use of mods not available in-game for screens taken in Menyoo. It puts the players who mod their game heavily and put a lot of time into Menyoo screens in a position to just simply look better than characters who don't. That may just be a personal gripe and a small one at that, but the aesthetic is a large part of any character.  My main issue, however, comes with the other point you mentioned - Menyoo screens can be easily made to look like authentic in-game screens.

Though I've never witnessed this problem being encountered (or someone being caught) even little plot points should be played out in-game in my opinion. If you're doing anything at all while role-playing on the server there's a chance (however tiny) that an outside variable could affect that role-play. If you're manufacturing situations relevant to your current character development outside of the server via screens taken on Menyoo then you're in complete control of whatever situation you're "playing out".

I've no issue with it being used to add screens for backstory or things that came before you "deployed your character" at all. And for characters that are actively role-played in-game I have no issue with it being used to get higher quality photos for FaceBrowser as long as they don't end up looking cartoony levels of ridiculous. However, if anything currently happening to a character is played out via Menyoo screens, or if a character devolves into simply existing for elaborate Menyoo selfies taken for FaceBrowser, I think an issue arises.

Edited by borhoi
  • Thanks 1

It should not be allowed in my opinion. All of the people using menyoo for photos add features that are not usually available in the game server, few examples are:

Taking a photo in a nice car whereas you've never been in one of those in the server, and the server doesnt even feature such cars at all

Taking photos with guns, etc, when you dont even have them in the server

Same as before, flying helicopters, planes, overall doing stuff that you cant have a chance to do on main, so instead of finding a way, you hop in singleplayer, take photos and post them.

I've seen people upload photos driving cruisers acting as if they stole them, whereas that's not even possible scriptwise.

Overall, should not be allowed.

The tool itself is amazing, the misuse of it isn't.

It wouldn't be much of an issue if it wasn't used to get a dopamine rush from likes, like a playing a virtual social media game more than roleplaying. Fabrication of events and possessions is also an issue; people posing with cars that aren't in the server or have any valid reason to own. Same with places their character hasn't been, activities they haven't taken part in, you get the drift.

I can see myself using Rockstar Editor in the future if it comes to RageMP. At the moment, I see Menyoo more of an exclusive thing even though it's widely available, probably a judgement created by existing Menyoo friend circles. 

Good topic to discuss though, considering there's no moderation of this, or rather enforcement. 

7 minutes ago, Law said:

roleplaying. Fabrication of events and possessions is also an issue; people posing with cars that aren't in the server or have any valid reason to own. Same with places their character hasn't been, activities they haven't taken part in, you get the drift.

I have prosecuted, and will continue to prosecute people that drive recklessly on Facebrowser. Every time we get a "oh this didn't actually happen"...but oh well.

• Upvote 1

Its ruined the server in some aspects. Used correctly, Menyoo can be a great tool to create Screenshots from your characters background. things you might not be able to Capture IG. However people using Menyoo to creat all of their screenshots is an issue. Not only are people editing in events that aren't realistic, they are also removing the possibility of player interaction. If your event didn't happen on the server then how are others supposed to stumble across it and interact with it?

• Upvote 1

There are plenty of people who will rp a scene IG and then use menyoo to create a picture of the rp that uses poses and tools that aren't available in game but would be realistic to real life. 

I agree that if you don't own it or live there IG you shouldn't represent things that way of FB.  

But in addition.. Unless you live on the server 24/7 there is going to be npc'd events to account for times when people are doing IRL things and to account for absences. 

FB is an accessory to the server and a tool to extend rp and flesh out characters for those of us who have commitments outside the server. 

Further more this is a Game, heavy rp or not people should be able extend some level of imagination for the sake of character development/representation if it's not something unreasonable. 

As to PG/MG, there are limitations to the server and technically by saying you can't reference things unless its rp'd IG means that anyone who has npc'd treatment at a hospital or going to classes at the university.. Are PG/MG. The game, server and scheduling for players create limitations that should allow for reasonable use of npc events to make for dynamic realistic character development. FB is just a tool for this. 

Edited by pixel

It's an amazing tool overall. First of all, it allows the use of the Rockstar Editor, which allows people to take great pictures to illustrate RPs. Sadly, The R* Editor isn't compatible with RageMP, so it's either Menyoo or nothing. Additionally, it does add options that aren't present in the game, but that really should be. A good example, the "hair tattoos" make a LOT of hairstyles look great, while on the server they look like garbage dipped in misery. Overall, I don't see any specific issue with Menyoo being used for those purposes.

Now of course, for people taking pictures of stuff they definitely don't/can't actually own within the game (villas, sports cars, ...) or to stage things that never happened within the game itself... It's maybe a different problem. Doesn't have much to do with the tool itself though, more than with people unable to restrain themselves to what's reasonable and doesn't break suspension of disbelief. 

• Cara locked and unlocked this topic
  • Cara locked this topic