Did Menyoo change GTAWorld?

Menyoo  

125 members have voted

1. 1. When Menyoo was introduced to GTAWorld did it change the server in a way?

• Yes, It made the server worse.
    • Yes, It made the server better.
    • Nah, It's still the same as before.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2019 at 06:00 PM

I think you guys are getting wound up for almost little to no reason. It's not worth the brain energy, seriously. 

It's really not that big of a deal as you paint it to be.
Also what's unrealistic about it, Mitch? It's a costume and a fancy car. Surely its not hard to come by those items in a city modeled and played out after real LA.

Edited by Memozzy
1 hour ago, Mitch said:

unknown.png

When stuff like this gets posted it kinda tilts me as it's completely unrealistic, but the lack of rules or regulations on facebrowser seem to think it's okay, what are the rules here? There isn't any.

( Don't judge me, if I'm wrong. I'm shit w/ cars ;-; ) That ... Lambo? ... shouldn't be allowed at all. I am pretty sure using cars that aren't available on GTAW is against the rules. There's a set of rules about FB somewhere on forum.gta.world too! But, the clothing mods are pretty chill, I'd like to think so at least.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Davko said:

There's a set of rules about FB somewhere on forum.gta.world too! But, the clothing mods are pretty chill, I'd like to think so at least.

I'm fine with the clothes, we need more of them on the server, but the cars are... questionable? The rules on FB only say platform rules, no exact rules on Menyoo. 

Because there are none, staff has been saying they're working on continuity of the server for a while now so that is why there haven't been any specific points of real life brands, vehicles etc. I suppose you all will just have to grit your teeth until it comes out and specifically says that.

Edited by Memozzy
7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I'm fine with the clothes, we need more of them on the server, but the cars are... questionable? The rules on FB only say platform rules, no exact rules on Menyoo. 

"

The use of a third-party modification for single player that allows users to replicate their in-game characters is allowed, yet the same rules apply. Users should take realistic photos.

E.G.

• Showing items or vehicles that cannot be purchased in-game, or that your character would not have access to is prohibited. (This does not include clothing mods, these are absolutely acceptable.)
  • Taking a picture from an unrealistic angle that would not be achievable by any realistic means. " @Memozzy
Edited by Davko
  • Upvote 1

Huh, must've missed that. Well go ahead then, report people who do that to admins if it truly bothers you so much. There's a report player section after all. I personally have no horse in the race. It's pretty amusing to observe it though.

Edited by Memozzy

So,

don't abuse Menyoo. Don't post pictures of assets you don't own, fake faces and fake people.

What about telling your character story ICly in FB though? For example; if you take a break from playing on this server or playing the game in general but you still want to tell your character's story in the FB on 'where the character actually gone or do in other cities or other country' I feel like this should be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

What it's now done is allow a few cliques to churn out pictures  for Facebrowser without much IG interaction, and no matter how many new characters of theirs spring up they all eventually know each other and 'take' each other's pictures. This is the detrimental effect of menyoo on RP.

Edited by Ribsey
  • Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Ribsey said:

What it's now done is allow a few cliques to churn out pictures  for Facebrowser without much IG interaction, and no matter how many new characters of theirs spring up they all eventually know each other and 'take' each other's pictures. This is the detrimental effect of menyoo on RP.

It's more that people get way to hungry for likes and I am talking about OOCly, not ICly.

Edit: Ontop of that, not everyone has access to mods or knows how to install mods. So it's kind of a bummer for them.

Edited by Pinky
  • Cara locked this topic