Did Menyoo change GTAWorld?

Menyoo  

125 members have voted

1. 1. When Menyoo was introduced to GTAWorld did it change the server in a way?

• Yes, It made the server worse.
    • Yes, It made the server better.
    • Nah, It's still the same as before.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2019 at 06:00 PM

1 minute ago, Moonsong said:

I meant a forum or roleplay quality report for those who are clearly breaking rules or showing poor character consistency etc, as for regulating Menyoo that could be done with an official, general list of do's and don'ts perhaps. Anything silly done in Menyoo can generally be covered with our current rules.

Moderation by the way does exist, however, it’s only one person who is and I know currently trying to go through 40+ pages of reports because it dawned on them that the moderation was low, It takes time, ergo of trollish posts the moderation has been raised this is shown by the most recent posts from that Pastor and previous posts that led to permanent bans. I do respect the one singular moderator and their efforts to try get through as many reports possible, you do have to take into consideration the platform too, it’s like Facebook and those reports rarely if ever get handled so props to them.

Menyoo affecting the server?  Only in the sense people use it to stage things that never happened, all for the sake of likes.  And spend HOURS doing it.  And you will find there are people who rarely RP in game but have this overly busy life on FB in pictures.  Most of their RP is on FB.  And don't get me wrong, Facebrowser is great to facilitate RP and to meet people in an otherwise big, barren city.. but it shouldn't be where most of the RP takes place.

As far as custom clothes/things and inconsistencies in character looks.. I can live with people's avatars not looking the same IG because that's an IC issue.  People photoshop and use filters all the time IRL so how is it different there?  Can be sure as hell I'm going to be taking it IC though.  

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Jennie said:

The only problem I see is people invading private property without RP, I've seen many people in Michael's pool or Madrazo's house when it's almost impossible to be there.

I don't see bad the use of Mods for faces, hairs or clothes, people decide how their character is, but as the game and the server are limited in this aspect, you have to use Mods to put your character to your liking, even if the server looks different, your character looks like you want it to look, not how the server wants your character to look, Or are we going to also oppose the /attributes if we put on a different face than the one seen on the server?

It's 50/50. Some people just like Menyoo for the art of it. If you try it once and get into it, it's a fun sandbox to play with. Any time allotted to playing with Menyoo is likely time that they wouldn't have spent on the server anyway. I personally play with it when I have time but can't RP because I might have to leave at any moment. It doesn't detract from the server.

+Don't forget that faces are still bugged. Whenever someone enters your area or the interior that you're in, some of their face values are desynced unless they do /hat on religiously for every person. That's an OOC bug that I've seen taken IC in many situations. No, not everyone is trying to fake their character appearance. Though some people just like playing with Photoshop and they'd do that without Menyoo anyway.

I don't much mind the thought of people using Menyoo to 'trespass' into houses like Madrazo's & Michael's pool because of the server limitations as well. Your characters have backstories that you can't rp all the time. It shouldn't be a problem if a picture is taken somewhere fancy or with a pool for the sake of some backstory to where they come from, family, financial situation, or what their character portrayal is. After all, people use the same argument towards money. Broke, ghetto characters can have 500k+ in the bank, that doesn't mean they have to alter their character portrayal to suddenly be rich, they can just keep it as an OOC tool. Your character can have a single property and car and still have much more to their story than their IG assets.

It's only a problem if they're flaunting drugs, guns, and cars they don't have access to, and creating an entirely fake life for themselves as if they're on GTA Online.

Menyoo, great tool to map & make characters look cool with mods, items etc you wouldn't be able to have in-game due to the script / limitations, but highly abused. This has led to unrealistic scenarios where people roleplay going to a range, shooting a fully modded AK-47 with a suppressor or as people already mentioned, posing with $500,000 USD sports cars while your in-character job is a club bouncer or trucker.

Believe it has come to a phase where it's too late to revert it but I am definitely in favor of banning the tool to make pictures for FaceBrowser.

4 minutes ago, roozles said:

I am definitely in favor of banning the tool to make pictures for FaceBrowser.

I would agree if the server had a phone system like GTA V SP, Rockstar editor (RageMP thing) and many animations, (I sent them +200 animations months ago but they didn't add them to the server),

Edited by Jennie
Just now, Jennie said:

I would agree if the server had a phone system like GTA V SP, Rockstar editor (RageMP thing), many animations, I sent them +200 animations months ago but they didn't add them to the server.

I was about to edit my post but yeah, maybe not ban it entirely as you said, as long as you do not abuse it to exaggerate on the effects, your looks & props in the background. Some profile pictures out there can easily be used on Tinder and no one will even notice it's fake.

Not necessarily. I like using Menyoo for good looking facebrowser images here and there and to take photos of things realistically possible in real life, but not possible in-game due to the server's current limits. For instance, I used Menyoo to take a photo of my teenage character inside the FIB Building in a small hallway and posted it as an "in school" photo.

With that being said, if you use it to powergame, or NEVER come IG but only post Facebrowser photos, that shit is stupid and needs to be disallowed. 

• Cara locked this topic