Did Menyoo change GTAWorld?

Menyoo  

125 members have voted

1. 1. When Menyoo was introduced to GTAWorld did it change the server in a way?

• Yes, It made the server worse.
    • Yes, It made the server better.
    • Nah, It's still the same as before.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2019 at 06:00 PM

I think the problem is that it's no longer just a Facebrowser tool and it's affecting more and more actual In-Game roleplay. If you don't powergame and just use it to explain your character's backstory/personality etc - go for it. However, you can see the clear trend where increasing amount of Menyoo content has also brought loads of club openings and "clubbing lifestyle" in general. I'd say that Menyoo combined with Facebrowser is starting to affect the character creation bit too much at this point. 

Edited by le moitessiere

Tbh it has the same effect Facebrowser in general does. A lot of times it's just a tool for the portion of sexually frustrated players to scratch their itch. That said I use menyoo myself and I'm in no way against it. What I am against is the general lack of common sense many people seem to have with it.

• Upvote 1

I'm personally against people using Menyoo or OpenIV to add custom clothes that cannot be obtained In-Game or using anything your character does not have (cars, house, interior, drugs, guns etc). As long as a person keeps it realistic I'm fine with it. But using SP or Menyoo to get unrealistic photos should be a big no-no.

To keep it simple; Only use Menyoo with things your character got and for the love of god stop adding custom clothes in your pictures or fly yourself to a location your character wouldn't have access to.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BobBob said:

I'm personally against people using Menyoo or OpenIV to add custom clothes that cannot be obtained In-Game or using anything your character does not have (cars, house, interior, drugs, guns etc). As long as a person keeps it realistic I'm fine with it. But using SP or Menyoo to get unrealistic photos should be a big no-no.

To keep it simple; Only use Menyoo with things your character got and for the love of god stop adding custom clothes in your pictures or fly yourself to a location your character wouldn't have access to.

I completely agree w/ this /\ ; people that spawn in vehicles, just to 'flex' with something they cannot afford / don't have IC should be punished. Actually, there's a rule about that already, but FB mods ( from my perspective ) barely focus on moderating the website at all... About the 'custom clothes' is the only thing that I do not agree with; it doesn't cause any harm when someone posts a picture w/ a custom shirt or something, as long as the picture itself is "realistic" and such.

Edited by Davko

I haven't used it, but from what I read here, it seems like it has it's uses but is easily abused.  That being said, I know people in RL that look like they have perfect lives on Facebook, when I know that they've tweaked their photos, posted only selective events and exaggerated their accomplishments.  Anything in fb/forums that you see could be challenged and invalidated through in-game RP, so I'm not sure I feel like it rises to the level of PG. It's lame but I don't feel like it's detrimental to my own RP in any way.

• Upvote 1
  • Senior Management

Just heard about it recently ?

I think it should be pretty straightforward... if you want to use Menyoo to take some cool pictures of your character with different clothes/poses/etc' then it's all good! Heck, even animations which do not exist on the server... why not?

Showing off with guns/cars you don't have and other things of this nature? Probably not a good idea!

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
  • Cara locked and unlocked this topic
  • Cara locked this topic