Facebrowser Account Removal

MasterChief

I'm not sure why this isn't a thing, but you should give people the ability to delete a Facebrowser account. The sheer amount of resources for people creating pages, leaving them inactive, CK'd characters, etc. I feel this is a simple addition that would help on server resources and such. I could be wrong, but thought I'd put my two cents in.

I know why you suggested it but realistically if someone dies irl ( ck ) their fb page / profile doesn't automatically delete, I understand wanting to use your email again but I think it's more a moderator thing, honestly. I do agree to a certain extent.

57 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Its disabled because PD is actively seizing some pages, and allowing deletion would prevent that.

But isn't it a IC issue? If I feel the heat I can delete it but If im not quick enough or just feel like everything is okay I can get my account seized by cops and after that I can't access it anymore to delete it.

But maybe have some kind of a mechanism where a ghost of the profile still stays into the system for 15-30 days in case something criminal was going on with it.

2 hours ago, hayball said:

But isn't it a IC issue? If I feel the heat I can delete it but If im not quick enough or just feel like everything is okay I can get my account seized by cops and after that I can't access it anymore to delete it.

But maybe have some kind of a mechanism where a ghost of the profile still stays into the system for 15-30 days in case something criminal was going on with it.

ICly the deletion button would not "fully delete" the account, just like Facebook never fully deletes it etc. Police can go back in Facebook's backups and get the data needed. But I'm not going to do that here and spend 4 hours re importing a full data backup whenever PD needs to seize an account.

7 hours ago, Nervous said:

ICly the deletion button would not "fully delete" the account, just like Facebook never fully deletes it etc. Police can go back in Facebook's backups and get the data needed. But I'm not going to do that here and spend 4 hours re importing a full data backup whenever PD needs to seize an account.

I guess that's a good point.

• mj2002 locked this topic