Mandatory Descriptions for players

Barriss

Big +1

This is common sense and should be implemented immediately as part of the character creation process.

The amount of times during security or bartender RP I've asked to ID someone only for them to emote looking in their forties without their skin matching that, or the amount of times someone hasn't emoted tattoos or other things on them my character would find offensive and interact with them differently for is far too high.

If you don't have a description set there's no way for anyone to know anything about your character beyond what their skin shows. This includes height, weight, level of physical fitness, any scars your character may have, tattoos that differ from those available in-game - the list goes on.

This is a fantastic suggestion.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, Barriss said:

Criminal RPs take advantage of this by choosing to not describe their characters.

almost 99% of criminals I RP with, has a description. Almost all legal RP'ers I've met doesn't have one.  But I know alot of legal rpers has them, you've been unlucky. But I don't believe we should force people to make an attribute list, when we're playing GTAV, you can catch peoples eye color, hair color, beard everything

Edited by Tennplugg
6 hours ago, Tennplugg said:

almost 99% of criminals I RP with, has a description. Almost all legal RP'ers I've met doesn't have one.  But I know alot of legal rpers has them, you've been unlucky. But I don't believe we should force people to make an attribute list, when we're playing GTAV, you can catch peoples eye color, hair color, beard everything

You're ignoring other instances where I said that this was the keyline focus.
Accents, Height, Tattoos, Weight, other details that aren't able to be conveyed via the models.

13 hours ago, Law said:

I feel like this suggestion links in with this one considering description = attributes and they were suggested to be mandatory. 

Correct. However, one is arguing that it should be a "rule" within the rule section while the other one argues that it should be forced in-game.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic