illegal usage of facebrowser

ThatDutchPerson

I have to agree to an extent. 

Somehow I'm seeing posts from people posting drugs and stuff when I'm not their friend. My character wouldn't associate with that kind of thing, so why am I seeing posts from people selling illegal narcotics - especially if I'm not their friend.

I understand it's an IC issue but maybe those types of posts should be barred from being boosted and such as I don't want to see that stuff on my Facebrowser page. If I was their friend, then I wouldn't mind seeing the post ICly. 

19 minutes ago, aldo said:

its an ic issue bud

Only using your quote Aldo because you're to the point, this goes to everyone else making this comment.

It'd be an IC issue if there could be a way to solve the problem ICly. There isn't. Apart from blocking people so you don't see them. Or the police proactively going out of their way to respond with a cybercrimes style unit (which will never happen) there isn't a way to deal with it. If it was most of these posts wouldn't exist, they'd be flagged immediately, logged and deleted. They likely wouldn't be up more then 10 minutes. There is no oversight or ic admin team to deal with it. It's just spawn and Nervous making sure people don't get out of hand.

If you posted an image of an AK on a Table with boatloads of fucking cocaine around it, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be surprised to have ATF or local police battering down your door, why should LS be any different? But that would mean having to grab a group of people who simply moderate FB from an IC / OOC perspective constantly which is imo untennable. You don't have anyone to play management because of the sheer effort it would take to manually check each post for 'Sureno number one look at my drugs' garbage posts. Because they are, they're made because they know they can get away with it.

2 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

do you ever see people selling their illegal contraband on facebook and twitter openly?

yes, so often that i stopped caring. 

2 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

If you do, then you’re lying.

no and don’t just go on the assumption that i’m lying because i support someone who isn’t in the wrong. said person has been tracked and killed, ck’d for that matter by pd due to this website. 

it’s a 100% ic deal and situations like this where people say something (in support for your case) get absolutely shut down, stop responding because the amount of answers against them, and take it to forums where they know they’ll be able to receive more answers of people who just want to see other mallrats menyoo’s with no realism of the dark side of facebook, instagram, or snapchat. it really shows how people on this server either are 100% mallrats or 100% criminals and assume that the other side is wrong no matter what. not all criminals are evil, not all civilians are perfect. 

moral of this: it’s ic and it’s been dealt with icly. 

(excuse the caps i was on my phone.)

10 minutes ago, Edelweiss206 said:

If you posted an image of an AK on a Table with boatloads of fucking cocaine around it, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be surprised to have ATF or local police battering down your door, why should LS be any different? But that would mean having to grab a group of people who simply moderate FB from an IC / OOC perspective constantly which is imo untennable. You don't have anyone to play management because of the sheer effort it would take to manually check each post for 'Sureno number one look at my drugs' garbage posts. Because they are, they're made because they know they can get away with it.

He didn’t get away with it. There’s been multiple arrests on the suspects.

Imo it’s a IC issue as there’s no way that it is poor portrayal for a gangbanger to want to promote his product.

Edited by Max3