illegal usage of facebrowser

ThatDutchPerson

Hey everyone,

so it has been grinding my gears lately, posts that show pictures of cocaine packages with stashes of weed and an AK in the middle with the text in full CAPS, bunny emojis and some weird language no one can understand.

Im talking about drug dealers using the site to sell their product. Isnt this not allowed by actually the server rules? Allow me to explain how unrealistic this is; do you ever see people selling their illegal contraband on facebook and twitter openly? No. If you do, then you’re lying.

Facebook, twitter, etc... are being actively moderated by teams of expert and they work closely together with local authorities. But on facebrowser the players actually dont care about this, aslong as the money flows in right?

People told me to call the LSPD. But I am more convinced this is an OOC issues which requires an OOC resolution.

Thoughts?

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

It's a IC issue, FB lacks any IC moderation because there's no IC team to handle it, the only person that handles it is SpawnMatrix and Nervous on a OOC side of things. Why are we handling this OOC? It's a IC issue and it needs to be handled that way, I don't think admins should intervene unless it violates GTAW rules. 

4 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

do you ever see people selling their illegal contraband on facebook and twitter openly

yes, but due to FB and Twitter's size, their accounts are nuked incredibly fast, because you know, they have the people to moderate the site. 

No. If you do, then you’re lying.

Alright then. 

People told me to call the LSPD. But I am more convinced this is an OOC issues which requires an OOC resolution.

Contact the police, let their detective's do the work, if people wanna be dumbasses and post stuff on FB, let them. 

• Upvote 1

This is 100% an IC issue. Do you think that people aren't selling drugs over social media? Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've literally bought a gun from someone on facebook. Did I know them? Sure. But before facebook got super anti-gun, you could post listings for it. Because it's relying on the premise that it's in a network of people that you know.

2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

People posting this shit on facebrowser is an OOC issue as its a very poor portrayal of character development and roleplay in general.

Yeah well, that's just like....your opinion, man.

How do you know they aren't RPing an idiot that doesn't realize they're gonna get no-knocked and have a dozen AR-15's in their face?

Am I saying that the quality of people who do that is top notch? Nope. But is it your job to police it? No. Put in a report to PLM if you don't like it. That's literally what it's there for.

7 minutes ago, HaveADream said:

Submit a Player Quality Report then, FB should be IC as much as possible.

This is not an argument. Once you're signed in and on the map it should be "as IC as possible" but it's moderated where necessary. Especially, at times, arbitrarily. 

Now, if we're meant to believe that Facebrowser is a website/corporation with no employees, exists only for the City of Los Santos, etc then I think you all have a point. I wouldn't say you must not be allowed to be stupid online (ICly) either. But moderation does and should happen as rather than being an exception it's simply the norm on Facebrowser and it absolutely stretches any reasonable suspension of disbelief.

Of course, like...that's my opinion dude. But I think it's a reasonable one. 

2 minutes ago, rp_anon said:

This is not an argument. Once you're signed in and on the map it should be "as IC as possible" but it's moderated where necessary. Especially, at times, arbitrarily. 

Now, if we're meant to believe that Facebrowser is a website/corporation with no employees, exists only for the City of Los Santos, etc then I think you all have a point. I wouldn't say you must not be allowed to be stupid online (ICly) either. But moderation does and should happen as rather than being an exception it's simply the norm on Facebrowser and it absolutely stretches any reasonable suspension of disbelief.

Of course, like...that's my opinion dude. But I think it's a reasonable one. 

Agreed obviously. This is simply abuse, and admins should take actions against this poor portrayal of roleplay.