What type of faction would you like to see?

Vince

13 minutes ago, shiroq said:

I am all for bad factions being shut down, but was the "old" FM going to give those factions a chance to improve? If they were going to be shut down without even a warning then something seriously was wrong with the thought process on that kind of decision. If a faction was approved in the first place then it means the FM saw something that could turn into a great faction. If there is a problem with factions portrayal or it's members it's FM's job to alert the faction leaders about the issues in the faction.

Sometimes it feels like people think that the leader/s of factions have divine knowledge of what every member does in the faction but the reality is that members often go off and do their own thing especially in organised crime groups. So it is impossible to know what they are up to at all times.

Fm should not be there to just approve threads and then sit in the shadows and collect evidence to shut down a faction, that's just an unhealthy envrioment to the server.

Yes to your question about "do we give people chances to improve." A leader of a legal faction was given an entire year to improve before we removed them. If that isn't fairness then I don't know what the fuck is.

"Sometimes it feels like people think that the leader/s of factions have divine knowledge of what every member does in the faction" - That's your job as a faction leader to monitor your members. Failing to do so shows poor leadership and not something we want to see. Our job is to oversee and mentor where needed, not babysit you on every step you take just in case you make an oopsie. We did not micromanage until you needed to be micromanaged and that's when concerns were raised about your ability to lead a faction if we then had to dedicate our resources to assisting you in what is alleged as a "serious roleplay server." You should be hitting them standards way before we have to force you to.

"Fm should not be there to just approve threads and then sit in the shadows and collect evidence to shut down a faction, that's just an unhealthy envrioment to the server." You're right and I have no idea why you're suggesting we did otherwise. Clearly you're assuming or a bad worm has gotten into your ear.

1 minute ago, Maca said:

"Fm should not be there to just approve threads and then sit in the shadows and collect evidence to shut down a faction, that's just an unhealthy envrioment to the server." You're right and I have no idea why you're suggesting we did otherwise. Clearly you're assuming or a bad worm has gotten into your ear.

I think it's because from what you said it sounded like for 3 straight months you put resources into collecting evidence to shut a faction down rather than help them - I'm sure this wasn't the case, but it's how it came across in your reply. 

@Maca It was to clarify more or less, which you answered in your previous post that you would asign handlers to factions that were on the brink of being completely unsavable. Which is fine, as long as people are given the chance to improve before being completely shut down there is nothing wrong with that.

1 minute ago, Duke said:

I think it's because from what you said it sounded like for 3 straight months you put resources into collecting evidence to shut a faction down rather than help them - I'm sure this wasn't the case, but it's how it came across in your reply. 

That's what it reads like but I can assure those panicking that it wasn't the case lmao. We were forced as per staff processes to 'collect evidence' before coming to a decision otherwise factions could've appealed our decision and had it overturned. Leaders were informed when things were going wrong. However, many of those leaders ran straight to Management to complain that the big bad guys in FM were upsetting them. It is what it is though.

• Upvote 1
  • Keane locked this topic