What type of faction would you like to see?

Vince

2 minutes ago, aldo said:

so which ones?

Since you requested:

Seaside ABZ

Dirt Road Dollars

The rest are not my cup of tea or they’re too fresh to be relevant. If you’re looking for serious inspiration, those two are something you should really be taking standards from.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Chuck Lee said:

I am currently trying to make one. I have a holding company that is in the process currently. That will hopefully allow us to go on with our Bank faction idea. Which we have already set and so on. The problem however is that not many people find interest in such RP. But I do believe there is a script for private banks, since I read it somewhere and it was posted by Nervous.

I'd probably enjoy this. I've been in Banking IRL. Definitely will take a look.

13 hours ago, Maca said:

Since you requested:

Seaside ABZ

Dirt Road Dollars

The rest are not my cup of tea or they’re too fresh to be relevant. If you’re looking for serious inspiration, those two are something you should really be taking standards from.

Maca, i'mma pre-face this with saying you did alot of good shit while on FM, and I mean no disrespect when I say this, but your faction management team approved most of the factions that are on the faction board right now. So, I don't know how you can go from approving these factions for the server then two months later saying that they're all trash.

Your FM team approved Jamestown Mafia, South LS OCG, The Conti Crew, The Lagrusa Crew, The Mirra Crew, Gravedwellers Motorcycle Club, Unidad Uno Doce, Money By Any Means, La Eme, The Backwoods Crew, Hillside XIII, W/S DPDS, Rolling 60's Neighborhood Crips, Devil's Bastards Motorcycle Club etc. 

You had a large hand in approving these factions and allowing them to exist on the server, but now that you've resigned from FM. You've chosen to call these factions terrible, and filled with poor roleplayers. To a extent, I agree with you there's alot of poor quality roleplay on the server, but at the same time your faction management team approved these factions.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Benny Black said:

your faction management team approved these factions.

Yes, you are not wrong when you are saying this. However, if you saw the deeper politics within it - disapproving somebody with little to no evidence to do so, other than knowing quite well they're a bad roleplayer and you know deep down they're going to fuck up does not qualify for us to deny them. In fact, if we did, we'd spend hours arguing with those above to justify why we did it only to be told we need to be fairer. Believe me, the politics are a lot tougher than just saying "no". In an ideal world, we'd have had the power to reject most of those people.

I won't name and shame factions but a good portion of those you just named were being investigated by FM and we were collecting evidence (yes, a lot of it is needed before you even lift a finger which takes months and is impractical to ask of a team like FM that do it voluntarily)  3 out of those list were ready to be shut down but we resigned before delivering that final blow due to a massive disagreement at the top. 

5 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

The Backwoods Crew, Hillside XIII, W/S DPDS

That is incorrect and they were not approved, as far as my knowledge goes, by my peers.

5 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

Devil's Bastards Motorcycle Club etc. 

These also weren't approved by us.

18 minutes ago, Maca said:

Yes, you are not wrong when you are saying this. However, if you saw the deeper politics within it - disapproving somebody with little to no evidence to do so, other than knowing quite well they're a bad roleplayer and you know deep down they're going to fuck up does not qualify for us to deny them. In fact, if we did, we'd spend hours arguing with those above to justify why we did it only to be told we need to be fairer. Believe me, the politics are a lot tougher than just saying "no". In an ideal world, we'd have had the power to reject most of those people.

I won't name and shame factions but a good portion of those you just named were being investigated by FM and we were collecting evidence (yes, a lot of it is needed before you even lift a finger which takes months and is impractical to ask of a team like FM that do it voluntarily)  3 out of those list were ready to be shut down but we resigned before delivering that final blow due to a massive disagreement at the top. 

That is incorrect and they were not approved, as far as my knowledge goes, by my peers.

I'm content with this answer and honestly it's just fucked up that you weren't given the power as FM to deal with alot of the retards that now fester on this server. Personally, I can only hope and pray that shit gets better.

31 minutes ago, Maca said:

Curious that FM was collecting evidence to shutdown three factions. Were these factions contacted and alerted to the fact that their standards needed to be improved? From my experience with the old FM team it was radio silence after you got your thread accepted. I'd also like to ask what makes DRD's thread stand out among the others?

Edited by tebbutt1
  • Upvote 1

I am all for bad factions being shut down, but was the "old" FM going to give those factions a chance to improve? If they were going to be shut down without even a warning then something seriously was wrong with the thought process on that kind of decision. If a faction was approved in the first place then it means the FM saw something that could turn into a great faction. If there is a problem with factions portrayal or it's members it's FM's job to alert the faction leaders about the issues in the faction.

Sometimes it feels like people think that the leader/s of factions have divine knowledge of what every member does in the faction but the reality is that members often go off and do their own thing especially in organised crime groups. So it is impossible to know what they are up to at all times.

Fm should not be there to just approve threads and then sit in the shadows and collect evidence to shut down a faction, that's just an unhealthy envrioment to the server.

Edited by shiroq

CEASE NOW! THIS THREAD IS GOING OFF TOPIC AND BEING DERAILED BIG TIME! GO BACK TO REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING, AND SUGGEST FACTION IDEAS LIKE THIS THREAD WAS INTENDED TO BE A PLACE FOR.

If you boys have any questions for Maca, i'll ask you DM him and ask him privately. So, we don't derail this thread any further.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, tebbutt1 said:

Curious that FM was collecting evidence to shutdown three factions. Were these factions contacted and alerted to the fact that their standards needed to be improved? From my experience with the old FM team it was radio silence after you got your thread accepted. I'd also like to ask what makes DRD's thread stand out among the others?

Yes, those factions were given regular contact and warned on multiple occasions and I have yet to see improvement being made. It is a last resort to close a faction. However, those on that list were ready to pop from the sheer audacity they had to continue to break server rules and somehow think it was OK to function as normal. What do you expect when you're awaiting approval by the way? For us to continue to message you to say: "Hey, we still haven't made a decision yet - but we're thinking on making a decision." That seems silly and a waste of overstretched resource, doesn't it?

If it was radio silence until you got accepted, it's probably silent for a reason. You heard from FM when you needed to, not because you wanted or demanded to when we weren't really at liberty to tell you something we quite frankly haven't made a decision on yet. That would not only be false information from us, but it would also be a waste of our time. There was nothing you needed to know after you got your thread accepted - we were not responsible for babysitting you. You are responsible for your own faction and only problem factions were given a handler to effectively babysit them so they don't fuck up. The reason being for that is that we were far too overstretched to be telling people how to roleplay unless they actually needed our help.

In regards to your question about DRD - it was one of the first unique factions we had on this server. I was the handler for @AceS| and never did he give me trouble as his handler. He was clear in communication, effective and professional and really cared for his faction and his members. In addition to that, the quality around the gun trade his faction provides is outstanding and well researched when myself and @AceS| spoke on many occasions. If that doesn't make a good faction in a nutshell then clearly I've wasted 12 years of my life.

• Keane locked this topic