What type of faction would you like to see?

Vince

On 10/22/2019 at 4:26 AM, Smonk said:

im tryna see less factions and more population, like more people i can actually just sit down on some steps at my place with some others and have multiple hour long convos with that are just realistic people-like chars and whatever happens happens. if some crazy development-filled rp happens or just some chillin happens doesn't matter long as the rp's good. always prefered that with factions as the background to that rather than such a heavy focus on factions, not all the factions, but a good few i've encountered just feel like everyones trying to play a role in that faction rather than a person that's involved. could just be me but i dunno. lot of murda murda, less life-like, in my experience, there's been a few gems but that's p much all i encounter in terms of factions and it drives me away.

if i had to say faction ideas, mainly just factions that have more of what i talked about ^

but I'd like to see some more car enthusiast related factions with proper RP standards not running around slamming into eachother and trolling 24/7. shit like lowrider car clubs (all these hispanics and no low rider car clubs wtf is goin on, its the west coast icly show us some love), some dedicated car show shit maybe, but in terms of more heavy dev-related facs. I'd love to see some shit like Wilcox waaay back in the day on lsrp, those dudes were legit as fuck, some properly intelligent mafias, not just bozos with suits & bad accents trying to extort everything poorly. i mean some legit shit, like some fuckin Valenti type shit, ooooldschool Valenti was terrifying from an outside perspective when I first encountered them. Would really love to see some harmless and fun factions that are more icly inviting like some goofball hillbillies or some hippy caravan full of some long haired surfing pot dealers and or some funny shit like that. Just creative shit, not "ayy these guys are doing this, lets make a faction to be their enemy lmao" cause that's what it feels like the server is partially rn. Again, not everything, but I feel like there's a lot of that and a lot of poor rp standards among some groups. That poofing is what i'd rather see first, then it would atleast make way for the good factions. seen/heard of a few real good ones pop up and just disappear cause the competition was so nooby it was demotivating  to even try and carve a spot for themselves.

Bumping this. Needs more love. Amazing points and needs to be looked at. Agreed 100%. Listen to this man lol.

4 hours ago, Caporegime said:

Interestingly enough I have a structure for a Banking organization which I made over a year ago. I was going to give it a shot until I ventured into the realm of the Los Santos Crime Family. And speaking of which, with LSCF, I tried to get a workers union going (LiUNA Local 613). It was all going well until the individual who was going to be the front person, ie: Jimmy Hoffa, decided to disappear. I had @Jam onboard with his Native-Americans and what not. Was going to be really interesting. But, alas, the interest of the general public is not there for these niche ideas that require effort, time and engaging in an IC recruitment process. 

Would be nice to see though.

Yeah, it would be nice to see. *stares at Caporegime in a totally, completely non-subtle but subtle way* lol ?

Edited by Kestalas

Anybody starting a Los Santos Crime Syndicate will only end up doing it like Cici. No thanks. Criminal organizations like that don't answer to one person like you see in the movies anyway, the large majority are cells within cells etc etc.

I'd like to see more realistic gang culture. Not more for the sake of it, but more in terms of quality. The reason people lack the drive to create black gangs is because the majority of people that roleplay in Davis completely kill the fun for you and your immersion drops from 100 to 0 once you step outside of your own circle to interact with other individuals.

What would I like to see in terms of a faction? Less factions and more communities. I'm not talking about creating a community thread and hiding behind it to create a faction, I'm talking about a community overall with a faction embedded within. None of this bullshit where people know what rank you are based on your OOC position within the faction, but general communities such as African American communities where people hear of drama via word of mouth and not metagaming from screenshots / faction group chats.

I'd also like to see Sureno culture that adapts the Alpha male approach. Most Sureno groups in real life don't play happy families, they follow an Alpha male in the majority of situations. Once that Alpha becomes a weak link, things change and sometimes people die. In fact that happens in most criminal organizations nowadays. People also forget that in real life, things aren't ran like a 'faction'. People are associated with gangs, for example, just by being from that neighborhood or going to school with a specific group of people. You may not be a sworn member of the gang, but in some form you are a member and your associates are usually gang members and those in your neighborhood alike.

Edited by Maca
  • Upvote 4
On 11/1/2019 at 3:55 AM, Brett said:

• Bank Faction - If people would care enough to use it, actually having some banks with actual interests and contracts and all that actually mattered and could be enforced would be interesting. Someone with good accounting and management skills would have to run this, but could be extremely profitable if interest was there.

I am currently trying to make one. I have a holding company that is in the process currently. That will hopefully allow us to go on with our Bank faction idea. Which we have already set and so on. The problem however is that not many people find interest in such RP. But I do believe there is a script for private banks, since I read it somewhere and it was posted by Nervous.

Edited by Chuck Lee
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Maca said:

snip

I completely agree, and I honestly hate that about faction threads existing at all. I mean reading through a story is nice, but it ruins a lot in terms of IC only knowledge, surprise, drama, and faction ranks that aren't oocly known. Plus I hate the idea of having to take pictures and edit them to be part of a faction. Not required, I know, but you're definitely looked down upon if you don't.

7 hours ago, Maca said:

Anybody starting a Los Santos Crime Syndicate will only end up doing it like Cici. No thanks. Criminal organizations like that don't answer to one person like you see in the movies anyway, the large majority are cells within cells etc etc.

I'd like to see more realistic gang culture. Not more for the sake of it, but more in terms of quality. The reason people lack the drive to create black gangs is because the majority of people that roleplay in Davis completely kill the fun for you and your immersion drops from 100 to 0 once you step outside of your own circle to interact with other individuals.

What would I like to see in terms of a faction? Less factions and more communities. I'm not talking about creating a community thread and hiding behind it to create a faction, I'm talking about a community overall with a faction embedded within. None of this bullshit where people know what rank you are based on your OOC position within the faction, but general communities such as African American communities where people hear of drama via word of mouth and not metagaming from screenshots / faction group chats.

I'd also like to see Sureno culture that adapts the Alpha male approach. Most Sureno groups in real life don't play happy families, they follow an Alpha male in the majority of situations. Once that Alpha becomes a weak link, things change and sometimes people die. In fact that happens in most criminal organizations nowadays. People also forget that in real life, things aren't ran like a 'faction'. People are associated with gangs, for example, just by being from that neighborhood or going to school with a specific group of people. You may not be a sworn member of the gang, but in some form you are a member and your associates are usually gang members and those in your neighborhood alike.

Are we all gonna ignore that Maca is out here spitting hard facts??? Like goddamn, some of y'all need to start taking notes. ? 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Maca said:

wtf are you talking about? thats literally how it is already

2 hours ago, aldo said:

wtf are you talking about? thats literally how it is already

Bro are you even looking at the same faction boards as me? I spot about 3 role model-like faction threads. The rest, I wouldn’t even feed to my dog if it was canned meat.

• Keane locked this topic