What type of faction would you like to see?

Vince

18 minutes ago, aldo said:

I tried to open a small building maintenance/repairs/construction company but there's literally no demand for it at all.

Sadly people happen to not pay any attention to anything that isn't action-packed RP and that should honestly change. It's not something that happens only on GTAW, I've seen it on every single server I played on so far. 

Trust me, I've dealt with the same stuff before, I'd even link my IC websites and other media outlets if they weren't directly affiliated with another server. There's not much things that people who have a desire to do some not-so-fast-paced RP can do, besides just trying to push through with it and hope that eventually at some point someone will find interest in what you're doing and contact you ICly. If I was you I'd just keep it going on the side, if anything it can be used to support your character's lifestyle, financially and just adds a bit of depth to his/her development.

Edited by Brian
Just now, Brian said:

Sadly people happen to not pay any attention to anything that isn't action-packed RP and that should honestly change. It's not something that happens only on GTAW, I've seen it on every single server I played on so far. 

Trust me, I've dealt with the same stuff before, I'd even link my IC websites and other media outlets if they weren't directly affiliated with another server. There's not much things that people who have a desire to do some not-so-fast-paced RP can do, besides just trying to push through with it and hope that eventually at some point someone will find interest in what you're doing and contact you ICly. If I was you I'd just keep it going on the side, if anything it can be used to support your character's lifestyle, financially and just adds a bit of depth to his/her development.

It was his full time job (a carpenter) but sadly it doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

I can completely understand you, which is, when we realize that we're talking about this on the forums of a heavy role-play server, pretty much sad.

I'm not certain why, but people seem to be attracted to only a few specific types of RP, be it legal, illegal, or neutral, pretty much only legal characters that I've seen with admirable level of development are either LEOs, security, lawyers, paramedics and an odd few news reporters, journalists or something else, but that's 1 in a 1000. Same goes with illegal, it's either an African-american or Hispanic gang, mob, be it Russian or Italian, and sometimes MCs, that's pretty much it. People have no desire to RP pretty much anything minus for that, and (something I've found mostly on GTAW) business owners (But again, sometimes with questionable RP standards), or mindless rich kids, extremely handsome or cute, driving a brand new Italian sports car, with pretty much no character development to support it. But hey, hopefully people will pick up when it comes to some unique characters, GTAW is still a pretty new server n I'm looking forward to seeing some diversity in the characters here.

Once again, my posts will probably come off as arrogant or full of shit to someone here, but, no, I'm not a know-it-all and I'm not trying to teach anyone how to RP, this is just how I feel. Not saying that server's RP standards are terrible, nah, quite the contrary, I'm just pointing out what I'd like to see more :D.

Edited by Brian

I mean, it's hard to run any kind of business as it is, without it being a bar or some other place where people can just come, hang out with their friends and RP something drug/drink related. It's hard to run something even as simple a tattoo shop. People want tattoos, but majority does not want to wait the time it takes to RP out getting them. Many players even appear annoyed, some stop answering to the RP and I've even have one just disconnect on me.

EDIT: For grammar.

Edited by Artz
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Artz said:

I mean, it's hard to run any kind of business as it is, without it being a bar or some other place where people can just come, hang out with their friends and RP something drug/drink related. It's hard to run something even as simple a tattoo shop. People want tattoos, but majority does not want to wait the time it takes to RP out getting them. Many players even appear annoyed, some stop answering to the RP and I've even have one just disconnect on me.

EDIT: For grammar.

Quoting only because I can't like more than 2 posts/day. I can relate to this so fucking much. 

• Upvote 1
On 9/26/2019 at 7:31 AM, ThatDutchPerson said:

I support this idea so much.

I actually discussed this idea elsewhere on a GTA World related discord but it was shot down because ''there is no need for it''. Who cares? At this point in our playerbase we can think of ideas like this. I mean, think of it. Every State of the United States (which we roleplay as) has a National Guard. This isn't the US Militairy, nor a seperate militairy faction. As explained by the website of the National Guard Bureau;

''The Army National Guard exists in all 50 states, three territories and the District of Columbia. The state, territory or district leadership are the Commanders in Chief for each Guard. Their Adjutants General are answerable to them for the training and readiness of the units.

At the state level, the governors reserve the ability, under the Constitution of the United States, to call up members of the National Guard in time of domestic emergencies or need.

The Army National Guard's state mission is perhaps the most visible and well known. Nearly everyone has seen or heard of Guard units responding to battle fires or helping communities deal with floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, snowstorms or other emergency situations. In times of civil unrest, the citizens of a state can rest assured that the Guard will be ready to respond, if needed.''

People shouted out as reasons for not doing this ''Imagine the army patrolling in an empty city''. Who is talking about patrolling? Whenever I see that reasoning I imagine they never understood what a national guard actually is. As stated above, they are ready to be deployed incase of natural disasters, civil unrest, and hostile actions against the well being of the state. They also fall partially under the governance of the Governor, making sure that bullshit reasons of ''Oh they wont listen to the State as its a federal organisation'' are not legitimate, as they /do/ listen to the governor.

People often compare such an idea with ''they will take liberties and jurisdiction from PD!''
first off, people should not, ever, compare a police faction with a militairy faction. They are vastely different; One of them serves and protects the people while the other one fights the enemies of the state. If either one of them becomes both, the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

Second, hasnt it ever occured that the liberties and jurisdictions taken from PD would literally be those that it shouldn't have in the first place?

People often forget one thing; the militairy does not patrol. The militairy does not enforce the law. The militairy is not a Law Enforcement Organisation like the LSPD. The most obvious exemple of this recently would be the two YouTubers cought behind the borders of Area 51; they werent arrested by the Militairy Police. They were arrested by the Clark County Sheriff's Office, who have legal jurisdiction over the outside borders of the militairy installations including Area 51's borders. The Militairy does not enforce the law, to such an extent, that they wont even do that when people are literally trespassing militairy property.

And what if there is a situation the LSPD cant handle? They call up SWAT. What if SWAT cant handle the situation? All is lost because there is /no/ next line of defense. A militairy faction could come to aid ''when SWAT calls 911''.

I think the addition of a militairy faction, properly monitored by Faction Managed, would be a good inclusion to GTA:World. It opens up the server to roleplay things such as natural disasters, and actually having an active Coast Guard (never seen the LSPD do this, I can literally buy a boat and do all my business on open sea). A strong leadership combined with good and stable communication and coordination are the key to such a faction being a huge succes.

I think in an environment where it is often times challenging to keep their characters realistic, this could easily get out of hand rather quickly.

I disagree with the "people don't want to R.P. unless it's a bar" claim as Madelie Mouri's Voodoo shop titled as "Mambo's Magick" has accumulated vast amounts of wealth while being heavily based on roleplay. It's literally the equivalent to a pseudo-scientific psychological therapist that assesses people's problems on a spiritual level, while also providing individuals with cosmetic and spiritual goods.... Underwent countless life-altering experiences with at least eleven characters, while producing fairly deep R.P. sessions with 80% of my client-base. 

You just have to be creative with the business, exceeding beyond "What do you want to buy?". Transition the business into something that would cause characters to hang out at the spot rather than to simply sell items to the players.

I don't even RP like that and our businesses can't even be compared. Your business is strictly that, my business is a script item that they want, which means they'd rather wait for me to close up than to come through the shop and RP it out, as they find it less time consuming and easier to accomplish, but you are entitled to your opinion. 

3 hours ago, Artz said:

I don't even RP like that and our businesses can't even be compared. Your business is strictly that, my business is a script item that they want, which means they'd rather wait for me to close up than to come through the shop and RP it out, as they find it less time consuming and easier to accomplish, but you are entitled to your opinion. 

You don't even R.P. like that? I've witnessed San Chianksi's 24/7 and the oldschool Davis/Strawberry 24/7 stores consist of a wild amount of roleplay situations. The key is to engage with your customers that makes them desire to hang around at your place.

Even if it's script-based, make it exceed the script... I've even witnessed certain mechanic shops consist of a lot of in-depth roleplay as they form a bond based on their common interests with vehicles.

Edited by DLimit
6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

You don't even R.P. like that? I've witnessed San Chianksi's 24/7 and the oldschool Davis/Strawberry 24/7 stores consist of a wild amount of roleplay situations. The key is to engage with your customers that makes them desire to hang around at your place.

Even if it's script-based, make it exceed the script... I've even witnessed certain mechanic shops consist of a lot of in-depth roleplay as they form a bond based on their common interests with vehicles.

No matter how great your RP is the sad fact is most people view tattoo shops like they are clothing stores. Go in, get your shit, get out. The only reason 24/7's are busy is because there is a wide variety of items you can buy AND when a 24/7 is open, you can't access another one that isn't open.

• Keane locked this topic