What type of faction would you like to see?

Vince

21 hours ago, Oakwood said:

I'm thinking about something unique and special, something that this server hasn't seen before, such as a Mexican or a black gang, or perhaps a new Russian or Albanian mob (Or any other ethnicity as long as the roleplay stays absolutely identical and only differs in slang/accent!)

I'm sure that the faction management is competent enough not to ever allow anything else on this server.

Man that's a great attitude to have considering that there has been an entire changeover in Faction management.

How about instead of being an asshole you grow the up and realize that whatever faction idea you got denied for was probably poorly researched and not realistic. People seem to forget that the standards that FM enforced were not set by them, it was set by the founders. Ya'll go after @Maca @eyebrows and @Caporegime like they were the sole reason standards are too high for your taste on the server. Ya'll think that now that they are gone you'll be able to RP whatever you want and you can shit on every decision they've ever made. 

hAhA fM aRe tRy hArD's, fUcK tHeM iT's JuSt a GaMe.

Jokes on you, The standard was set by the powers that be, powers that don't change. Ya'll look like straight Clowns trying to make fun of a group of people who just tried to do their job. People who are probably the most persuadable people I've ever met If you can present them with a valid argument. But clearly many of you are incapable of doing so.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Henning said:

Man that's a great attitude to have considering that there has been an entire changeover in Faction management.

How about instead of being an asshole you grow the up and realize that whatever faction idea you got denied for was probably poorly researched and not realistic. People seem to forget that the standards that FM enforced were not set by them, it was set by the founders. Ya'll go after @Maca @eyebrows and @Caporegime like they were the sole reason standards are too high for your taste on the server. Ya'll think that now that they are gone you'll be able to RP whatever you want and you can shit on every decision they've ever made. 

hAhA fM aRe tRy hArD's, fUcK tHeM iT's JuSt a GaMe.

Jokes on you, The standard was set by the powers that be, powers that don't change. Ya'll look like straight Clowns trying to make fun of a group of people who just tried to do their job. People who are probably the most persuadable people I've ever met If you can present them with a valid argument. But clearly many of you are incapable of doing so.

They rejected The Shower Posse, even though I had cited at least eight legitimate sources regarding their existence in Los Angeles. 

• Keane locked and unlocked this topic
17 hours ago, Sully said:

How about something really crazy and non-stereotypical? Like a bunch of hillbillies, who wander around the forest, make sure it's clean, and harass people from time to time lol?

hillbilly
/ˈhɪlbɪli/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN

1. 1.
    INFORMALDEROGATORY
    an unsophisticated country person, as associated originally with the remote regions of the Appalachians.

This would in the first place make this hard to accomplish, as people don't just live in the hills the same way they used to. Some are still trying to and trying to stick true to the old ways, but quite a bit has changed, also leading to change of the people. We do have a few factions, trying to accomplish something similar, being hillbilly/redneck/white trash groups to some extent. But to actually be a hillbilly, you'd have to RP having "hill" in your blood and be able to trace your origin to a specific area and family for it to be a legit claim to other 'billies. I am not trying to advertise my own faction, but we are mostly comprised of hillbillies, rednecks and a small minority of white trash, and we often try to stick to the nature or our own small parcel and do countryside things, only spending a minimal amount of time actively taking part of crime, as we don't believe it's actually realistic to do nothing but crime 24/7, especially not for a faction like ours.

State agents, Sheriff's Department, realistic car guys when it comes to factions.

Now, for the sake of immersion and uniqueness I would /really/ love to see civilian characters with realistic (and possibly even NPC'd for the sake of development) jobs, like IRS, lawn maintenance companies, construction, nurses and doctors, car salesmen, investors, contractors, etc and realistic lives, legal or majorly legal, with a normal mid range or any car depending on their IC wealth and not their bank account in /stats, normal house, wife/husband or kids, either real players or NPC'd. Pretty much like the majority of people are IRL n etc etc. 

People should really stop thinking of their character as just a character with one purpose, be it a gangster, cop, medic, or whatnot and think of him/her as a realistic person, being a cop, medic, judge or whatnot is just a part of someone's life n not the entirety of it. 

(feel free to call me full of shit but this is just how I feel) 

Edited by Brian
29 minutes ago, Brian said:

State agents, Sheriff's Department, realistic car guys when it comes to factions.

Now, for the sake of immersion and uniqueness I would /really/ love to see civilian characters with realistic (and possibly even NPC'd for the sake of development) jobs, like IRS, lawn maintenance companies, construction, nurses and doctors, car salesmen, investors, contractors, etc and realistic lives, legal or majorly legal, with a normal mid range or any car depending on their IC wealth and not their bank account in /stats, normal house, wife/husband or kids, either real players or NPC'd. Pretty much like the majority of people are IRL n etc etc. 

People should really stop thinking of their character as just a character with one purpose, be it a gangster, cop, medic, or whatnot and think of him/her as a realistic person, being a cop, medic, judge or whatnot is just a part of someone's life n not the entirety of it. 

(feel free to call me full of shit but this is just how I feel) 

I tried to open a small building maintenance/repairs/construction company but there's literally no demand for it at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Keane locked this topic