What type of faction would you like to see?

Vince

6 minutes ago, Alfonso_Chavarria said:

No rofl their screens represent their factions and most of them are based on "OH GIVE ME THE PISTOL FOO" only two factions I fuck with rn when it comes to gang RP is ABZ and PBS

so if you dont put lots of work into screenshot stories then your rp is trash? lmao ok

1 minute ago, aldo said:

so if you dont put lots of work into screenshot stories then your rp is trash? lmao ok

Screenshots are what represent your faction to the public if you're screenshots are bad, usually, the roleplay is bad. If you want to carry on arguing you might as well hit my PMs since I don't want to delay the topic. 

Edited by Alfonso_Chavarria
3 minutes ago, Alfonso_Chavarria said:

Screenshots are what represent your faction to the public if you're screenshots are bad, usually, the roleplay is bad. 

no, roleplay is what represents your faction

we’re going off topic lets go to disc or pms

edit: yeah ur right, thread screens do represent your faction, but if you're bad at putting screens together or if you can't be bothered with hours of editing screens... it doesn't make your faction bad.

Edited by aldo
1 hour ago, Alfonso_Chavarria said:

Unless someone actually decides to start roleplaying properly, it won't happen. I don't know why people are always depending on the whole 'once it's fun we'll start RPing' and to be honest with you guys this is lowkey the downfall of gang roleplay on GTA World. Ghetto Boyz, MS13 and The Get Money faction, are prime examples of what gang RP should be all about. It's not about guns or pushing drugs, anybody can do that. Usually where the RP comes from is the FACTION ITSELF. In Ghetto Boyz most of the beef was based around the insiders. You had people beefing over girlfriends, money, clothes and even losing games of dice. 

I'm not trying to bash on anybody but if people want to improve the server, and RP, in general, they should start fixing up the foundations. Think outside the box, characters are not cold killers who go around pushing kilos of cocaine, killing people thinking that there are no consequences. Your character should feel the shot of adrenaline going through his body as soon as some guy decides to punk him, the character should THINK about the consequences. The reason why gang RP is also lacking is that there's no actual prison system, people don't care if they'll get locked up, they'll just AFK the time or they would simply log out and return 2 days later acting like nothing happened after they've been released, and it's not the players' fault, it's more or less the server's fault for pushing away the idea of a prison since "nobody can roleplay it properly" or "we are currently focussing on the new clothing system". I don't blame the staff team for releasing these new features such as the trucker job, and many other aspects for LEGAL ROLEPLAY, but prison should of have been released ages ago, it plays a major role not only in illegal roleplay but also in LEGAL as well, you've daily life folks who probably try to avoid taxes. 

But what I'm trying to say in general is think outside the box, make something creative and make it last. Also, another suggestion, if you're to make an MC, a sureño faction, white faction or any faction in general, please do your research. Since you do have people that have watched an episode of Gangland based around MCs and they think that leading an MC is all about being a badass who doesn't obey the laws so you'll have to punk anybody that looks at you in a weird way or you decide to shoot someone since he called you a 70's biker. Biker culture, in general, is based around brotherhood, and the bikers are actually treating the hangies with respect, and they're friendly with them since this is how MCs (1% to be specific) attract and recruit members, it's after they get the prospect/probate patch when they're being treated like shit, but I'm getting out of topic. Overall if we want to improve RP we should focus on thinking outside the box and making something creative other then the typical gang banger cliche of shooting someone for stealing your shoes. As of factions that should pop up? Black, gangs in general and a few more MCs to go rogue against the current MCs, that would be interesting. 

To add to this, many people seem to create bog-standard characters that are based on their favorite rapper that had affiliations with certain street gangs and base their character solely off that. What people don't understand is that behind all of that is somebody completely ashamed that they're in their mid to late twenties still gangbanging like a fucking degenerate. It's not something people glorify often, rap videos and social media videos aside. Many people forget to realize that gangs are built within communities, many people being from that community automatically fall into the group without necessarily being put on by that gang - that's why 'innocent' people are killed purely for being associated (keyword - associated) and not affiliated with that gang.  

The era of Crips banging on Bloods and Surenos banging on Nortenos is over. People need to stop playing happy fucking families and start roleplaying out the trials and tribulations of being a gang member. Crips trip on Crips, Bloods trip on Bloods etc. The prison system not being released isn't solely to blame for shit-tier gang roleplay, it comes with people being unwilling to change and unwilling to teach their members any different other than a tedious and shit-spewed Gangland documentary.

Hoping things will change is an empty use of hopefulness and if I were you I'd just accept what it is today. A prison system being released isn't going to change gang roleplay or any other form of criminal roleplay (other than the good roleplayers in that small minority of groups) - This is partially why Faction Management were very strict with who were accepted into the Faction Forums and who didn't make the cut. It's not about being a "dictator" as some individuals would call it (lol), it's about enforcing standards on an alleged serious roleplay server.

It falls down to Faction Management to regulate factions and their standards. Until they're actually allowed to do that without the community thinking it's some big assault on their faction and a conspiracy to dominate the server with their UNGODLY powers then fuck all is going to change and you should stop being hopeful for it to do so.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Maca said:

To add to this, many people seem to create bog-standard characters that are based on their favorite rapper that had affiliations with certain street gangs and base their character solely off that. What people don't understand is that behind all of that is somebody completely ashamed that they're in their mid to late twenties still gangbanging like a fucking degenerate. It's not something people glorify often, rap videos and social media videos aside. Many people forget to realize that gangs are built within communities, many people being from that community automatically fall into the group without necessarily being put on by that gang - that's why 'innocent' people are killed purely for being associated (keyword - associated) and not affiliated with that gang.  

The era of Crips banging on Bloods and Surenos banging on Nortenos is over. People need to stop playing happy fucking families and start roleplaying out the trials and tribulations of being a gang member. Crips trip on Crips, Bloods trip on Bloods etc. The prison system not being released isn't solely to blame for shit-tier gang roleplay, it comes with people being unwilling to change and unwilling to teach their members any different other than a tedious and shit-spewed Gangland documentary.

Hoping things will change is an empty use of hopefulness and if I were you I'd just accept what it is today. A prison system being released isn't going to change gang roleplay or any other form of criminal roleplay (other than the good roleplayers in that small minority of groups) - This is partially why Faction Management were very strict with who were accepted into the Faction Forums and who didn't make the cut. It's not about being a "dictator" as some individuals would call it (lol), it's about enforcing standards on an alleged serious roleplay server.

It falls down to Faction Management to regulate factions and their standards. Until they're actually allowed to do that without the community thinking it's some big assault on their faction and a conspiracy to dominate the server with their UNGODLY powers then fuck all is going to change and you should stop being hopeful for it to do so.

Amen brother

1 hour ago, Maca said:

The era of Crips banging on Bloods and Surenos banging on Nortenos is over. People need to stop playing happy fucking families and start roleplaying out the trials and tribulations of being a gang member. Crips trip on Crips, Bloods trip on Bloods etc. The prison system not being released isn't solely to blame for shit-tier gang roleplay, it comes with people being unwilling to change and unwilling to teach their members any different 

Who even does that?

• Keane locked and unlocked this topic
  • Keane locked this topic