What type of faction would you like to see?

Vince

On 9/24/2019 at 4:09 PM, StoneFire said:

Military legal faction. Not that I think it would be useful or what they would even do since there really isn't a need for one, still I think that would be hella cool and totally join it.

I support this idea so much.

I actually discussed this idea elsewhere on a GTA World related discord but it was shot down because ''there is no need for it''. Who cares? At this point in our playerbase we can think of ideas like this. I mean, think of it. Every State of the United States (which we roleplay as) has a National Guard. This isn't the US Militairy, nor a seperate militairy faction. As explained by the website of the National Guard Bureau;

''The Army National Guard exists in all 50 states, three territories and the District of Columbia. The state, territory or district leadership are the Commanders in Chief for each Guard. Their Adjutants General are answerable to them for the training and readiness of the units.

At the state level, the governors reserve the ability, under the Constitution of the United States, to call up members of the National Guard in time of domestic emergencies or need.

The Army National Guard's state mission is perhaps the most visible and well known. Nearly everyone has seen or heard of Guard units responding to battle fires or helping communities deal with floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, snowstorms or other emergency situations. In times of civil unrest, the citizens of a state can rest assured that the Guard will be ready to respond, if needed.''

People shouted out as reasons for not doing this ''Imagine the army patrolling in an empty city''. Who is talking about patrolling? Whenever I see that reasoning I imagine they never understood what a national guard actually is. As stated above, they are ready to be deployed incase of natural disasters, civil unrest, and hostile actions against the well being of the state. They also fall partially under the governance of the Governor, making sure that bullshit reasons of ''Oh they wont listen to the State as its a federal organisation'' are not legitimate, as they /do/ listen to the governor.

People often compare such an idea with ''they will take liberties and jurisdiction from PD!''
first off, people should not, ever, compare a police faction with a militairy faction. They are vastely different; One of them serves and protects the people while the other one fights the enemies of the state. If either one of them becomes both, the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

Second, hasnt it ever occured that the liberties and jurisdictions taken from PD would literally be those that it shouldn't have in the first place?

People often forget one thing; the militairy does not patrol. The militairy does not enforce the law. The militairy is not a Law Enforcement Organisation like the LSPD. The most obvious exemple of this recently would be the two YouTubers cought behind the borders of Area 51; they werent arrested by the Militairy Police. They were arrested by the Clark County Sheriff's Office, who have legal jurisdiction over the outside borders of the militairy installations including Area 51's borders. The Militairy does not enforce the law, to such an extent, that they wont even do that when people are literally trespassing militairy property.

And what if there is a situation the LSPD cant handle? They call up SWAT. What if SWAT cant handle the situation? All is lost because there is /no/ next line of defense. A militairy faction could come to aid ''when SWAT calls 911''.

I think the addition of a militairy faction, properly monitored by Faction Managed, would be a good inclusion to GTA:World. It opens up the server to roleplay things such as natural disasters, and actually having an active Coast Guard (never seen the LSPD do this, I can literally buy a boat and do all my business on open sea). A strong leadership combined with good and stable communication and coordination are the key to such a faction being a huge succes.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

A Native-American organization would be interesting but it'd also be hampered due to the lack of a reservation on the server. Furthermore, most Native-American organization in the real world are reliant on the Cartels which there is also a lack of on the server.

2 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I support this idea so much.

I actually discussed this idea elsewhere on a GTA World related discord but it was shot down because ''there is no need for it''. Who cares? At this point in our playerbase we can think of ideas like this. I mean, think of it. Every State of the United States (which we roleplay as) has a National Guard. This isn't the US Militairy, nor a seperate militairy faction. As explained by the website of the National Guard Bureau;

''The Army National Guard exists in all 50 states, three territories and the District of Columbia. The state, territory or district leadership are the Commanders in Chief for each Guard. Their Adjutants General are answerable to them for the training and readiness of the units.

At the state level, the governors reserve the ability, under the Constitution of the United States, to call up members of the National Guard in time of domestic emergencies or need.

The Army National Guard's state mission is perhaps the most visible and well known. Nearly everyone has seen or heard of Guard units responding to battle fires or helping communities deal with floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, snowstorms or other emergency situations. In times of civil unrest, the citizens of a state can rest assured that the Guard will be ready to respond, if needed.''

A national guard should actually be possible all though there is not really many man or nature created catastrophes on GTAW.

Using them as coastal guards could indeed be one thing if this is not already handled by FD.

The structure of things would be a staff to manage the force and organize training, courses, and jobs like maintenance of equipment and gear and to call upon everyone in the force when the governor needs it?

I agree that they should never be a replacement to PD as that is not the task of the army or the national guard, but it could be a nice supplement to the government side of GTAW one that I would sign up to explore at the first given chance.
Having been in the standing forces in the country of my origin it is also a very different mindset from our police, it's about your brothers in arms and not as much about protecting your community as it probably is for police forces.

I would love to see a functional government faction, with elections, council, people fighting for civil rights. I'm willing to direct my character portrait to a person important for the community that fight for his rights, taxes reductions and all these alt-left agenda. I've been roleplaying too much criminals in my past and now I want to roleplay a ordinary civilian that is involved in the political around his community and city.

But first, we need to improve the player count on the server, because we don't have enough Law Enforcement activity ICly to properly make the streets safer and LSFD activity to help people out, I'm trying to spread the word about the server to everyone I know that likes RP. When we reach at least the 350 player peak we will have a solid base to create some good government factions and to install a working judicial system.

@ThatDutchPerson

Army National Guard STILL fall under the umbrella of the U.S. Military. Sure, each state has their own National Guard entity.  State Governors can mobilize them.  They get mobilized for extreme natural disasters and civil unrest. Remember Hurricane Katrina? California wildfire? Ferguson riot? I don’t think we’ve reached enough player counts or capacity to initiate an event where all infrastructure has collapsed and the Governor has to declare the state of emergency.

Besides, everyone and second cousin here wants to roleplay a Billy Badass former service member who is/was SEALS-Delta Force-Force Recon. I don’t know why y’all want Army National Guard here rofl. If you want realism, you’d roleplay driving to the base one weekend per month, just to sit around until 1700. THEN you do your two-week annual training and listen to sexual harassment and equal opportunity briefs every month. Don’t forget to stay green on your medical readiness because you have to be “deployable” within 48 hours ?

You get the gist of it. 

Edited by Nemo
23 minutes ago, joaoivis said:

I would love to see a functional government faction, with elections, council, people fighting for civil rights. I'm willing to direct my character portrait to a person important for the community that fight for his rights, taxes reductions and all these alt-left agenda. I've been roleplaying too much criminals in my past and now I want to roleplay a ordinary civilian that is involved in the political around his community and city.

But first, we need to improve the player count on the server, because we don't have enough Law Enforcement activity ICly to properly make the streets safer and LSFD activity to help people out, I'm trying to spread the word about the server to everyone I know that likes RP. When we reach at least the 350 player peak we will have a solid base to create some good government factions and to install a working judicial system.

There is a working judicial system in place. We have courts, elected officials and a full blown constitution. There are a number of BAR licensed attorneys and cases taking place quite frequently. 

10 hours ago, Vince said:

Why would it not be accepted? 

According to faction management, Caribbean gangs do not exist within California, despite sharing countless government sources suggesting that The Shower Posse had possessed a presence within the region.

I've moved on from it.

17 minutes ago, DLimit said:

According to faction management, Caribbean gangs do not exist within California, despite sharing countless government sources suggesting that The Shower Posse had possessed a presence within the region.

I've moved on from it.

To be fair, according to faction management, a LOT of stuff that exists IRL and is widely documented is "not realistic and not up to our standards". With the upcoming changes, it could be an opportunity to try again. 

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

Besides, everyone and second cousin here wants to roleplay a Billy Badass former service member who is/was SEALS-Delta Force-Force Recon. I don’t know why y’all want Army National Guard here rofl. If you want realism, you’d roleplay driving to the base one weekend per month, just to sit around until 1700. THEN you do your two-week annual training and listen to sexual harassment and equal opportunity briefs every month. Don’t forget to stay green on your medical readiness because you have to be “deployable” within 48 hours ?

You get the gist of it. 

Your argument is just why I see it more possible to have the National guard rather than the Army, but it's the army that I'd want, but it would serve no purpose since there is no need for a military presence to go grant freedom to backwards countries.

Why do I personally want it? To RP that comradeship there is between soldiers, the training, the drills, use of advanced "toys" and the vehicles to follow.
And I don't really want to be a cop or SWAT.

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

I've moved on from it.

Are you serious? Wow.

• Keane locked and unlocked this topic
  • Keane locked this topic