Big problem, cant play

cracked

Right, so the last 2 days I've been having this problem. I've had it before, but it only seems to pop up occasionally. Basically, my GTA 5 starts stuttering, going to stutter-frames. The GPU usage goes up and down in Afterburner radically, same with CPU usage. I know it's not my temperature, and also not my power usage. (Recently changed my PSU, cause this problem has happened before, still occured after changing PSU.)

This time, it just happened before creating this post, I heard beeps from my speaker while it was stuttering. Weird beeps.

Here's my afterburner at the time of the bug, 

EaZt8Oe.png

Outlined in white, and pointing up at the power usage and CPU usage you can see what happens. At the start of the white is where I started playing, the GPU usage is at a constant 97%, CPU at around 40-60%, and power always at 100-107.

My specs: 

PSU; Corsair TX550
Motherboard; Intel H110 Express
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
CPU: Intel i7-7700 3.6 GHz (not OC'd)
RAM: 16 GB

Here's some errors from the Event Manager.

https://i.imgur.com/3bP2uMM.png 

If anyone knows anything, please help.

Edited by cracked

I recommend you remove your video drivers completely using Display driver uninstaller. It is a free, clean piece of software that removes all traces of your video drivers and any related software. (Ex. GeForce Experience). Download both pieces first and run the uninstaller. Once it is finished it will ask you to reboot, if not you should. Return to the desktop run the video driver installer and see how your game is working afterward.

Display Driver Uninstaller - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Latest Drivers for your 1070 from the manufacture - https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/151275

Keep me posted!

8 hours ago, zUgg zUgg said:

I recommend you remove your video drivers completely using Display driver uninstaller. It is a free, clean piece of software that removes all traces of your video drivers and any related software. (Ex. GeForce Experience). Download both pieces first and run the uninstaller. Once it is finished it will ask you to reboot, if not you should. Return to the desktop run the video driver installer and see how your game is working afterward.

Display Driver Uninstaller - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Latest Drivers for your 1070 from the manufacture - https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/151275

Keep me posted!

Thank you so much for the response, i can tell there was effort, sadly, this has been tried

Did it yesterday, updated BIOS, did the same thing about 2-3 months ago, to try and fix this issue

2 hours ago, cracked said:

Thank you so much for the response, i can tell there was effort, sadly, this has been tried

Did it yesterday, updated BIOS, did the same thing about 2-3 months ago, to try and fix this issue

As mentioned above if this only happens to GTA 5 i would bite the bullet, remove any modifications you may have and reinstall. Ultimately kick it off towards the end the night so it can run throughout the night to finish. 

24 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

As mentioned above if this only happens to GTA 5 i would bite the bullet, remove any modifications you may have and reinstall. Ultimately kick it off towards the end the night so it can run throughout the night to finish. 

It's happened with Rust before. So. I don't know if it will if I launch it now but it probably will. Happened today, I've been playing now for 2 hours uninterrupted but got 1 stutter moment, instead of keeping on stuttering my GTA crashed, rebooted and it hasnt happened again now.

Curious what it would do if you ran the game with the lowest settings and see if that improves your stability at all? If it runs good for a couple hours without issues then crank the settings up little by little till you see issues.

Also besides your BIOS you will want to ensure all  your drivers are updated, go get any chipset and audio driver updates as well. 

21 hours ago, HaveADream said:

Do other games work? How hot is your GPU running?

GTA V has a bug where it will begin to stutter and lag after a while, especially if you alt-tab a lot. It only affects some people.

Constant 82c when gaming most big games like GTA 5. That's as hot as it gets though, I've heard from some proffesionals that my card should be rated to play at such temps for years tbh.

19 minutes ago, cracked said:

Constant 82c when gaming most big games like GTA 5. That's as hot as it gets though, I've heard from some proffesionals that my card should be rated to play at such temps for years tbh.

And normal GTAV? Let us know if you experience the same problem there or if it's a RAGE thing. Try reducing your settings too. GTAV still isn't greatly optimised for newer cards.

My theory is Geforce Experience running, try turning off everything that's meant to assist your card too in terms of software.

2 hours ago, HaveADream said:

And normal GTAV? Let us know if you experience the same problem there or if it's a RAGE thing. Try reducing your settings too. GTAV still isn't greatly optimised for newer cards.

My theory is Geforce Experience running, try turning off everything that's meant to assist your card too in terms of software.

The thing is, I'm running smooth rn for 30 min and ran it yesterday with just 1 crash for hours. But then sometimes, it just pops up and wont let me play.