GTAW Chatlog Magician and not scuffed way to RP screenshot 101

Me and my homies been using ARP Chatlog Magician for already quite some time as it produces right quality chat image and is extremely easy to use. The problem was that it was not GTA.WORLD ready - missing colors and features, long load time, etc, etc. At first, the idea was to make it just GTAW compatible, but ended up adding some severe features to it because why not?

For those who know how to make a proper roleplay screenshot:

https://pyromaniacdev.eu/chatlog/

Current, 2.0(GTAW) features (http://pyromaniacdev.eu/chatlog/changelog

Spoiler

1. Option to select if the timestamp is used or not;

2. Remove the black background from the screenshot and replace it to white one;

3. Custom coloring for lines using hex color. Example:

QXrnBv0.png

and many more!

For those who still make unreadable roleplay screenshots, we are going to follow how-to properly edit a roleplay screenshot 101.

This guide will include the usage of GTA.WORLD Chatlog Magician, GTA World Chat Log Parser and Photoshop. (psst! I'll let you on a little secret - LSRP+ is fucking garbage!)

1. The usage of GTA World Chat Log Parser (download link) - as this is currently the only way to garnish your chat logs, I use this. I am a lazy person and using /blindfold to take a screenshot of chat log > crop it > work on the stroke, etc. etc.,  is just too much of work for me.

Spoiler

When finishing our roleplay, we open our Chat log parser and press the button PARSE which will get our chat log from the chat and will store it in this little text box in chat parser. Then, as we already have it done, we press COPY TO CLIPBOARD which will copy everything for us, and we are good to go. Also, if you don't want everything copied, you can CTRL+C just the lines you need/want to use for your screenshot.

Gdvn9yc.png

2. Right now, we already have our chat log, and it is the time to use Chatlog Magician.

Spoiler

What chatlog magician does for us, is that it prepares the text lines correct non-scuffed readable way. The first step is to open https://pyromaniacdev.eu/chatlog/ and set your settings up to fit your need. I am using 12 px font, black background, and sometimes custom chat line color. If your parser does not remove timestamps, you can choose to do that while working with chatlog magician.

I decided to use only two roleplay lines for my screenshot, as I don't want any of the mall rats to metagame on my shit:

hBRDXSQ.png

This will result in having: 

KMpyogK.png

As we already have our roleplay lines formatted, colored and ready to be worked on, we should take a screenshot of it (like I have above) (for taking a screenshot I use Lightshot)

3. We already have our roleplay lines ready; it's time to make the roleplay screenshot itself. 

Spoiler

We open up our Photoshop (I use Photoshop CC 2019) and open our screenshot (not the chatlog one, but the one we will apply the roleplay lines) and do proper resizing (ALT+CTRL+I or Image > Image size... ) for me, I usually use 1315x719 as with it 12px roleplay line screenshot looks most appealing.

If we have done everything correctly, we should have something like this:

CytPRad.png

Right now, it is the time to make final adjustments to our chatlog screenshot.

Open it up with Photoshop as well, select Magic Eraser tool (Contagious, Anti-Alias, Opacity 100%, and Tolerance 32) and remove white background from the image (with Magic Eraser click on the white background, and it will result in having a transparent background).

t1wYSUg.png

Now we are ready to copy the layer (CTRL+C) and copy-paste it on screenshot we want the roleplay lines to be attached to (CTRL+C with Move Tool on our layer 1 and CTRL+V on our image we want it stitched on). When we have it done, we can move the roleplay lines around the image to the place we want it to be.

The result should be:

LaCiIoK.png

4. Save it! You're also allowed to add various effects to your screenshot, graffitis and whatnot, but keeping it simple is one of the most important keys to having a readable and non-spoiling roleplay screenshot! )))))

Exported and final result:

YzwBWsB.png

Edited by chapetekila
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, aldo said:

why not just use lsrp + metroparser

because LSRP+ does not give you an option to freely edit your picture/chatlogs as you wish - change rotation, add shadows, blur and etc.

also its not 2010, its not cool anymore to have your rp pics ruined by garbage font and trash resolution ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, chapetekila said:

because LSRP+ does not give you an option to freely edit your picture/chatlogs as you wish - change rotation, add shadows, blur and etc.

also its not 2010, its not cool anymore to have your rp pics ruined by garbage font and trash resolution ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

u can change it all