Vinewood hills/Richman villas.

Raisin

3 hours ago, BobBob said:

A lot of people saying people don't know how to RP rich and it confused me quite a lot. Do you have first-hand experience? No, you don't. Your view of a rich person is most likely based on something you've seen on TV. Everyone is different and yes that includes rich people as well, not every rich person falls under the stereotype. There isn't a guideline or rules a person needs to follow to be classed as "rich".

You guys act like it's the personality that makes a rich person. What happened to being unique and create a character that will be remembered? Why do you guys want a textbook rich person?

/rant

Completely agree. I've always wondered when I see people/GTAW staff talk about how no one RP's being rich properly. Sure, I'll agree some people role play being rich really poor (bad/lazy back story - worked as a mechanic/bartender = instantly rich) but I've known rich people IRL down in South Florida that you would never know were rich unless they flat out told you. The way they dress, the way they act, the bars they frequent, clothes they buy, you'd never have any indication that they were absolutely loaded. If those people played on this server the way they were in real life, they'd probably be told they role played "rich" improperly ?

Edited by Kestalas
24 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

Completely agree. I've always wondered when I see people/GTAW staff talk about how no one RP's being rich properly.

Also I'm super perplexed because "I don't know anyone RP'ing that correctly". Ok, so uh... You're RP'd with all the 2000+ characters on the server? It's as if I said "I don't know any rich person IRL so nobody IRL is rich", it's... a surprisingly limited viewpoint. There ARE things you haven't seen, that still do exist. Both IRL and within the game. 

Add to that the fact that indeed, one's vision of "what a rich person should be RP'd as" is also excessively limited. If you take Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Bobby Kotick and Elon Musk, you have 4 **VASTLY** different profiles and personalities. The only point they have in common is being rich... 

Once more we have the same issue of what people think is realistic vs. what is really actually realistic vs. what breaks suspension of disbelief (or doesn't). 

Point is most players that RP "rich" have no development (Matterfact, from what I have seen, It's more that people treat this server more like a MMO than a RP server) at all which is disappointing. They most likely will grind their asses off with their leased businesses or just script-jobs to get that million dollar mansion up in the hills. Plus, most people wants to rp rich or whatever, just as @BobBob mentioned, If you look on the property map only apartments and houses are available in the ghetto areas, that alone can give you a good idea what the majority of this server likes to RP.

Conclusion? 

Don't map the million dollar mansions.

@AIR First tagging someone.

Also people think they know how rich people go on about their lives. They generalize too much and that's what I'm seeing here. However yes there's the grinders and so on. But saying that absolutely NO one is fit for those houses is taking it to far. I know a few(3) that deserve those types of homes.

1 hour ago, Rumbunctious said:

The difference is that neither Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Bobby Kotick, nor Elon Musk bought a sports car to show it off at a suburban plaza and participate in illegal street racing. 

I tried (hard) to find the part where I said they should be street racing, but I couldn't find it. Would you be so kind to quote it to me? ^^' 

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Steel said:

Point is most players that RP "rich" have no development (Matterfact, from what I have seen, It's more that people treat this server more like a MMO than a RP server) at all which is disappointing. They most likely will grind their asses off with their leased businesses or just script-jobs to get that million dollar mansion up in the hills. Plus, most people wants to rp rich or whatever, just as @BobBob mentioned, If you look on the property map only apartments and houses are available in the ghetto areas, that alone can give you a good idea what the majority of this server likes to RP.

Conclusion? 

Don't map the million dollar mansions.

It's a Catch 22 unfortunately. In my opinion however:

Give people the opportunity to grow or they won't. The reason we don't have many suited for that kind of character is because there's no reason to play that kind of rich person. The in-game choices limit someone able to even attempt that kind of character. It narrows the opportunity for role play, to be honest. Map the million dollar mansions, but have it go through property management/IC channels just as you would with a proper story for a business opening/lease/etc. You could create an IC reason for going through the city channels for buying these houses, I'm sure. Let people aspire towards becoming someone like that, should they choose to. I'm sure there wouldn't be many who would try but at least the opportunity would be there.

• Upvote 1

You would have people who have grind'ed their money, from example 1000+ deliveries in the trucking script job (wink wink), use this poorly achieved wealth to buy said mansions, or through leased money presses, no that's not a way to have it.
How ever the idea about having a review process to get some of these could be a way to go about it, but It would ultimately just give staff more shit to review than they already do and there ARE gonna be people hurt over X got to get one when Y was denied.

No.   

Vinewood or Richman would make up to be way out of bonds but as previously suggested, there could definitely be some more upper-middle class housing. Something along the lines of the standalone houses in morningwood & the del perro residential line by the beach could be a reasonable add for characters that deem fit to pm

I will be locking this thread. This simply is not up for discussion or suggestion. You can forum PM me if you'd like to discuss it, but Property Management is currently working on much bigger concerns. This simply will not happen for a long time. 

• Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1
  • Björk locked this topic