New Rockstar Launcher means RD2 for PC?

Paul Wayne

To be putting it out here, before GTA 5 ever came to PC it firstly came for the new generation consoles.
As it now seems the new consoles are bound to be released in the next year, or the year after I really haven't gotten myself up to date with the releases of the next generation.

GTA 5 PC was released once the PS4 and Xbox One version was released, and I honestly think Rockstar is aiming to do that again, simply cause money, money money, and with their own launcher they can keep the money to themselves which is a smart move from them yet annoying move for us the people that have to be glued to yet another launcher, we already have enough imo. Steam, Origin, uPlay, Blizzard, Epic Games etc etc etc.

We shall see but I think RDR2 PC will be announced next year, and maybe it won't as the old RDR was a console only too. ?

1 hour ago, Milkshake said:

To be putting it out here, before GTA 5 ever came to PC it firstly came for the new generation consoles.
As it now seems the new consoles are bound to be released in the next year, or the year after I really haven't gotten myself up to date with the releases of the next generation.

GTA 5 PC was released once the PS4 and Xbox One version was released, and I honestly think Rockstar is aiming to do that again, simply cause money, money money, and with their own launcher they can keep the money to themselves which is a smart move from them yet annoying move for us the people that have to be glued to yet another launcher, we already have enough imo. Steam, Origin, uPlay, Blizzard, Epic Games etc etc etc.

We shall see but I think RDR2 PC will be announced next year, and maybe it won't as the old RDR was a console only too. ?

But that doesnt make any sense. The reason they did the next gen console releases first on GTA V was because those consoles released shortly after the game released for xbox 360 and ps3. 

When RDR 2 came out last year why would they then decide to make this game on a console that doesnt even come out any time soon or wasnt even announced back then. How can they even develop a game without knowing anything about the new console. For sure they are working on the pc version right now.

I don't think it mean.. Anything. Is RDR2 coming to PC? Probably, Eventually. But this isn't a sign that it is about to be released.

The "Social club" launcher was a outdated joke, far from today's standards of a AAA title. With the resurgence of of GTA5 sales following the Twitch surge of 2019/2019, Rockstar can see that there is a a sizable market for their games on PC long after the initial release of a title. I wouldn't be surprised if this new launcher become the norm for all future Rockstar titles on PC and they need a launcher that will be able to handle it.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:19 PM, Chipsdose said:

But that doesnt make any sense. The reason they did the next gen console releases first on GTA V was because those consoles released shortly after the game released for xbox 360 and ps3. 

When RDR 2 came out last year why would they then decide to make this game on a console that doesnt even come out any time soon or wasnt even announced back then. How can they even develop a game without knowing anything about the new console. For sure they are working on the pc version right now.

Big companies such as Take-Two surely have some ties with Sony and Microsoft, they already know what the next generation consoles are aiming for and what are they gonna need to work. Sony and Microsoft needs those developers to start developing and making games in advance so they can test them out and have sales upon their full release. GTA 6 might be sold as a pack with the PS5 and so on.

• 2 weeks later...