Cop powergaming question

Duke

It is true, our interceptors are fast. But lets be honest, if bikes evade, they use alleyways, and little areas that interceptors cant get past. Yes, we have a bike unit, but it can only keep up with a faggio lmao. 

When and if we get a sports bike implemented for PD, sure Im happy to look at other options. But I feel like if we removed this, or resulted to ramming, every tom, dick and harry would be using bikes.

When you're on a motorcycle travelling at speed any slight change of balance could be enough to make you fall. Being hit by a bean bag surely delivers the kind of force that's able to throw you off balance like that. Whether it's smart or not to beanbag you if you're travelling fast enough to be seriously injured is another, IC issue.

4 hours ago, Duke said:

Using the wheelie to make your bike go faster isn't allowed iirc. Just w-a-s-d. 

If you take your bike onto a highway you've lost the pursuit, that's a given. If they've got heli aid, yeah they'll probably get you in the city too. 

Bikes are fast, it's not an unrealistic thing, PD can't win all the time and it's not like PD aren't allowed to use them. 

Yes, but at same time there is actual traffic on highways, it's not empty like a test-run airstrip. Only issue I can think of cops using beanbags to shoot someone off the bike is if that person is going at excessively high speeds and realistically a shot from beanbag at such speeds would cause a death to the person.

4 hours ago, Connor said:

It is true, our interceptors are fast. But lets be honest, if bikes evade, they use alleyways, and little areas that interceptors cant get past. Yes, we have a bike unit, but it can only keep up with a faggio lmao. 

When and if we get a sports bike implemented for PD, sure Im happy to look at other options. But I feel like if we removed this, or resulted to ramming, every tom, dick and harry would be using bikes.

You can use a helicopter, I see them used quite often

2 hours ago, lambchops said:

When you're on a motorcycle travelling at speed any slight change of balance could be enough to make you fall. Being hit by a bean bag surely delivers the kind of force that's able to throw you off balance like that. Whether it's smart or not to beanbag you if you're travelling fast enough to be seriously injured is another, IC issue.

From the videos I'm seeing and my own experience it doesn't seem to be the case, regardless they're not used irl in that way - and that's for a reason.

1 hour ago, DjoleK said:

Yes, but at same time there is actual traffic on highways, it's not empty like a test-run airstrip. Only issue I can think of cops using beanbags to shoot someone off the bike is if that person is going at excessively high speeds and realistically a shot from beanbag at such speeds would cause a death to the person.

Cops don't use beanbags to shoot people off of bikes irl to end a chase. 

2 hours ago, Taunky said:

The LSPD has policies put in place to only use beanbags on bikers when they're going at a moderate speed which would not result in more harm than is already done, because it will knock you off the bike.

If that's the case officers aren't being properly trained unfortunately, I still don't think it would necessarily knock someone off of their bike who's in protective clothing. The round is designed to transfer its force over a small area to inflict pain, something mitigated by protective clothing. 

For an officer to stand at the side of the road and take pot-shots at a fleeing biker driving by is absolutely ridiculous and unrealistic. 

Imo, beanbags shouldn't be used at all to knock someone off of their motorbike, it's not a tactic implored in real life and the fact it forces an action onto a player is bad enough. 

5 hours ago, Mitch said:

Report them? 

I would second this. If you feel like a player has powergamed in a scenario then the onus is on you to submit a report with evidence so that the admin team can look into it. Anything about 'training' through the PD should be taken IC as a failing of process, rather than a forum discussion. Doing this, you could speak to a lawyer IC and take it from there.

Yeah you definitely lose your balance no matter how much protective biker gear you have on you. Now the question is the policy of LSPD, are they actually allowed to do that? If they are then the only way to go about it is through IC and sue the LSPD for their unsafe policy. I think the script knocking you off is appropriate because there is no way you’re keeping your balance in that bike unless you’re stopped. Even then you’re probably not riding away.

• Björk locked this topic
  • Cara pinned and unpinned this topic