Cop powergaming question

Duke

1 minute ago, Jura said:

In real life you barely have empty streets with no traffic obstructing the get away vehicle.

Busy streets would just mean the bike can weave through traffic and use sidewalks, so you definitely have the advantage of empty streets there. 

So we're at a point of: The Bikes are able to outrun most vehicles due to GTA's handling of wheelies and top speeds, leaving nearly everything but the interceptor in a position to be outran. At this point in time being hit with a beanbag causes the downed system to kick in, meaning the person is ejected from their bike. This is against most IRL practices and goes against IRL conventions. That being said it's the only way for them to be dealt with. I get that it's frustrating but I'd rather the cops not have to go 'Welp can't fuck with this guy'. 

That being said I personally believe if you got hit with a beanbag for whatever reason, you should honestly go with it, if they intercept you from the front and dome you, which is going to be your helmet or sternum as you're travelling into it, you're fucking gone. I'm a biker myself with sports bikes and have had a few close calls. If you get yourself into that mess because you can 'pop a wheelie and outrun everything' they're well within their rights to try and stop you with what they have. Fuck I'd probably take the CK as I hit the ground and pretend the asphalt is a cheese grater. Because that's reasonably what would happen if you come off at that those high speed. Or very serious Injuries 30 and below. 

Edit: Sorry, I realised my phone cut out words. I'm meaning a biker on server, not IRL. Well I do own one but I don't go about popping fucking wheelies all day because I'm not a cretin. 

Edited by Edelweiss206
2 minutes ago, Jura said:

Are you saying empty streets are a benefit to cops or the biker?

Empty streets are a benefit to the cop, they can pursue without cars getting in the way.

In real life bikes use traffic to lose cops. 

Just now, Edelweiss206 said:

So we're at a point of: The Bikes are able to outrun most vehicles due to GTA's handling of wheelies and top speeds, leaving nearly everything but the interceptor in a position to be outran. At this point in time being hit with a beanbag causes the downed system to kick in, meaning the person is ejected from their bike. This is against most IRL practices and goes against IRL conventions. That being said it's the only way for them to be dealt with. I get that it's frustrating but I'd rather the cops not have to go 'Welp can't fuck with this guy'. 

That being said I personally believe if you got hit with a beanbag for whatever reason, you should honestly go with it, if they intercept you from the front and dome you, which is going to be your helmet or sternum as you're travelling into it, you're fucking gone. I'm a biker myself with sports bikes and have had a few close calls. If you get yourself into that mess because you can 'pop a wheelie and outrun everything' they're well within their rights to try and stop you with what they have. Fuck I'd probably take the CK as I hit the ground and pretend the asphalt is a cheese grater. Because that's reasonably what would happen if you come off at that those high speed. Or very serious Injuries 30 and below. 

Police bikes, police-used sports bikes, helicopters, interceptors, APBs, just a few tactics the police could use instead of a beanbag. 

How do you think they cope IRL? 

Edited by Duke
1 minute ago, Duke said:

Empty streets are a benefit to the cop, they can pursue without cars getting in the way.

In real life bikes use traffic to lose cops. 

Not sure if you're trolling or not...

If there was traffic in the game to replicate LA, which is what LS is loosely based upon, yes, the biker could weave between traffic but they wouldn't be capable of going flat out for 30 minutes straight.

Cops would be able to co-ordinate and make an attempt to block off the direction that you are travelling, it would also allow any cops to approach on foot and pull you off.

3 minutes ago, Jura said:

Not sure if you're trolling or not...

If there was traffic in the game to replicate LA, which is what LS is loosely based upon, yes, the biker could weave between traffic but they wouldn't be capable of going flat out for 30 minutes straight.

Cops would be able to co-ordinate and make an attempt to block off the direction that you are travelling, it would also allow any cops to approach on foot and pull you off.

I thought it was common sense bikers used traffic to their advantage irl, maybe it's not. 

A biker can easily lane split, especially in LA, at reasonable speeds if it's that grid locked, otherwise they can weave and cross lanes much easier than a squad car. 

The police cars PD use are faster than the bikes in game, bikes can't go over 114 mph, I think the cruiser go over 130mph, so yeah, no traffic helps the cops not the bikers. 

Edited by Duke

From experience. Carefully turn tapping with the Hakuchou brings it's top speed from 120 to about 200 while still having some turning capability and a rather slow bleedoff when your return to two wheels, on a good day in the highway they're going nearly double the speed of the lesser end cars, and +50 than the higher end cars. Couple this then with a viewrange of what...about 500metres now? It doesn't take long for them to be gone, after that the lead gets exponentially worse as without Heli aid that person is gone. The police have very little in the way of keeping up. 

Back to the original question.

I agree with what Keane said prior. Although the force of the beanbag shotgun is enough to cause pain, it will not trigger a suspect to be flung off of their bike in every scenario. The impact would of course have an effect on the rider but this is up to them to determine what that might be. People should always be given a chance to role-play their response accordingly. If someone is being forced to role-play a certain way by another player then an admin should be called to clear up the discrepancies.

The only event that I can see it being most applicable to be thrown off their bike is if their head was hit with the beanbag shot. This is however something that absolutely shouldn’t happen.

Neither side should be using tactics that are an abuse of script or plain unrealistic, as a personable opinion. However, the final say will rest with FM.

If you have any further suggestions or things that concern you about PD then I encourage you to express such views on the thread which is monitored by PD STAFF: 

1 minute ago, Edelweiss206 said:

From experience. Carefully turn tapping with the Hakuchou brings it's top speed from 120 to about 200 while still having some turning capability and a rather slow bleedoff when your return to two wheels, on a good day in the highway they're going nearly double the speed of the lesser end cars, and +50 than the higher end cars. Couple this then with a viewrange of what...about 500metres now? It doesn't take long for them to be gone, after that the lead gets exponentially worse as without Heli aid that person is gone. The police have very little in the way of keeping up. 

Using the wheelie to make your bike go faster isn't allowed iirc. Just w-a-s-d. 

If you take your bike onto a highway you've lost the pursuit, that's a given. If they've got heli aid, yeah they'll probably get you in the city too. 

Bikes are fast, it's not an unrealistic thing, PD can't win all the time and it's not like PD aren't allowed to use them. 

• Björk locked this topic
  • Cara pinned and unpinned this topic