Cop powergaming question

Duke

1 minute ago, Duke said:

It does stun you in-game, and if I got shot off my bike then kept running you best bet I'd be banned or jailed right now. 

The other alternative is using a helicopter and squad cars to actually chase the motorbike, which is what happens in real life. Observe and pursue.

Or start enforcing rules how people ride motorcycles. I can name you countless "gangbangers" on crotch rockets that are going into turns 100+MPH like they're Valentino Rossi, cause they know they can abuse the bike and it's physics to lose the cops. I see no issue with someone being beanbagged off the bike at low speeds.

• Upvote 2

The main point I was trying to get across was that cops in the United States don't use beanbag shotguns to knock off motorcycle riders. On top of that, the script forces a particular outcome rather than allowing the involved players decide what would happen. A beanbag hit from 5 feet away would do a lot more damage to someone than a beanbag shot from over 50 feet away.

It's the responsibility of every player to roleplay realistically at all times. Using the script to win a situation isn't roleplaying realistically, it's forcing one side to come out on top. 

There is a degree of responsibility on the motorcycle riders to roleplay realistically to. It's extremely easy to ride at high speeds but often the consequences of this going wrong are not roleplayed properly. There are also characters that are good at riding motorcycles where it wouldn't make sense for them to be. You can't have a character that only recently started driving get onto the highest end motorcycle available and drive it perfectly. Out-of-character driving skill shouldn't dictate how good your character drives. 

You're not getting my point. Watch the video you linked, see as he gets hit his body jumps from the blow, his motions become sluggish and her slumps forward, limping in. He isn't just 'Walking' like nothing happened. It takes him a second or two to recompose himself. Which is fine, he's on his feet and walking, he stumbles in and continues on. I'm not saying "BEANBAG FLOOR MAN HE OFF BIKE." I'm saying that if you had that happened to you and you turned into jello for a second or two going at speed, while your body instinctively tries to veer away from the threat, you're not going to be going to control it very well and more then likely be flung off. 

8 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Or start enforcing rules how people ride motorcycles. I can name you countless "gangbangers" on crotch rockets that are going into turns 100+MPH like they're Valentino Rossi, cause they know they can abuse the bike and it's physics to lose the cops. I see no issue with someone being beanbagged off the bike at low speeds.

Police can use the same method of transport to chase them or a helicopter, it would never lose them. 

If you've ever been on youtube and looked at videos of bikers running from cops they're never caught, the squad cars can't keep up. Unfortunately in GTA V bikes can't achieve the same speeds unless they wheelie. 

If a biker is driving unrealistically they deserve to be reported, but abusing a scripted feature to win shouldn't be the case.

@Edelweiss206

That's from the pain, you can see there isn't a lot of force in the beanbag. He also looks intoxicated anyway. 

Edited by Duke

That's the thing though, people will abuse and exploit the bikes, making them go a lot faster than the cruisers can achieve in game.

And then we'll have 200 people all buying up Bati's just to use them as get away vehicles.

Edited by Jura
1 minute ago, Jura said:

That's the thing though, people will abuse and exploit the bikes, making them go a lot faster than the cruisers can achieve in game.

And then we'll have 200 people all buying up Bati's just to use them as get away vehicles.

Just to get some clarification, in response to people breaking the rules you would use a beanbag shotgun to catch them and arrest them?

1 minute ago, SpartanofSparta said:

It would be unreasonable for us to contact an admin for every single bike pursuit we have.

How many bikes do you actually pursue? If they're driving unrealistically and you decide not to report them, you don't then choose to abuse a feature to make up for it, that's ridiculous. 

Just now, Jura said:

Who's to say it would secure the arrest?

What is the stun time after being shot?

I seemed to be stunned indefinitely, knocking someone off a bike and putting them into a foot pursuit if they don't RP injuries would increase your chances exponentially of an arrest, I imagine you'd just beanbag them if they start running anyway, then report if they didn't RP the beanbag rounds so let's not create fallacies. 

• Björk locked this topic
  • Cara pinned and unpinned this topic