Cop powergaming question

Duke

Just now, Jura said:

It's what happens in real life I would imagine, as it's the safest way rather than ramming someone on a bike or trying to pop their tires whilst they travel at high speeds...

It's not exactly cheap?

It never happens in real life, no. 

Beanbags are designed to hit someone, cause pain and then encourage them to comply. They don't actually transfer enough kinetic energy to push a standing person back. 

I'll link an example to show what I mean. If you're uncomfortable with seeing someone being shot with a beanbag, don't click the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDLBwLXzxWs&feature=youtu.be&t=5 

There are other examples I've seen of beanbag shotguns being used in real life but they also include shootings or people that seem to shrug off the beanbag hits. Will it hurt a lot? Obviously. Would it effect a motorcycle rider? Absolutely. But I don't believe it's enough to actually knock someone off a motorcycle.

I don't believe that, in the interest in having a realistic roleplay environment and to be fair to players because of how the script works, that the LSPD should be using beanbag shotguns on moving targets. Since it forces the rider off and doesn't give them a chance to roleplay, it's powergaming in my opinion. This is my own opinion though and the final decision is something for Legal FM to decide. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Keane said:

Beanbags are designed to hit someone, cause pain and then encourage them to comply. They don't actually transfer enough kinetic energy to push a standing person back. 

I'll link an example to show what I mean. If you're uncomfortable with seeing someone being shot with a beanbag, don't click the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDLBwLXzxWs&feature=youtu.be&t=5 

There are other examples I've seen of beanbag shotguns being used in real life but they also include shootings or people that seem to shrug off the beanbag hits. Will it hurt a lot? Obviously. Would it effect a motorcycle rider? Absolutely. But I don't believe it's enough to actually knock someone off a motorcycle.

I don't believe that, in the interest in having a realistic roleplay environment and to be fair to players because of how the script works, that the LSPD should be using beanbag shotguns on moving targets. Since it forces the rider off and doesn't give them a chance to roleplay, it's powergaming in my opinion. This is my own opinion though and the final decision is something for Legal FM to decide. 

You said it better than I ever could.

There's also RageMP aspects to it, when traveling at high speeds there's a lot of desync, when shot off the officer said I looked as if I was going incredibly slow, which may have well enabled him to actually get a shot. 

Would you mind raising it with legal FM, or tagging them here please, I don't know who they are.

3 minutes ago, Edelweiss206 said:

"If I get hit by something designed to throw me to the floor or at the very least keel me over and wind me, will I be knocked off of a Motorbike?"

I think the real question is asking if the guy is trained well enough TO HIT, but that's a different debate entirely. 

Did you watch the video Keane linked? That's a guy without any protective clothing on a biker might wear.

Here's another video; 

The beanbags bounce off him, they're not heavy, just solid small projectiles that apply pressure not momentum. 

Edited by Duke

That's a man stood up, with a firm stance, taking the blows in a position where he is braced, not on a rickety crotch rocket that you're trying to navigate through being slammed with Less that Lethals. Yes he stays up, but watch the way his chest trembled and collapses, he loses most of his structure, even sending his legs trembling as it rolls through him. 

Now imagine that happening on a bike.

Just now, Edelweiss206 said:

That's a man stood up, with a firm stance, taking the blows in a position where he is braced, not on a rickety crotch rocket that you're trying to navigate through being slammed with Less that Lethals. Yes he stays up, but watch the way his chest trembled and collapses, he loses most of his structure, even sending his legs trembling as it rolls through him. 

Now imagine that happening on a bike.

This man literally keeps walking towards the cop.

The other alternatives aren't realistic. Shooting an actual gun, ramming or just saying screw it we can't stop a bike lets just let it go.

Next thing you know, people will just use bikes to do any kind of illegal work as police won't be able to touch them.

Shotgun beanbags seems like the best option. The script doesn't stun you upon being hit, it knocks you over, you're able to stand up and continue evading by foot, which in turn gives you a chance to react after.

2 minutes ago, Jura said:

The other alternatives aren't realistic. Shooting an actual gun, ramming or just saying screw it we can't stop a bike lets just let it go.

Next thing you know, people will just use bikes to do any kind of illegal work as police won't be able to touch them.

Shotgun beanbags seems like the best option. The script doesn't stun you upon being hit, it knocks you over, you're able to stand up and continue evading by foot, which in turn gives you a chance to react after.

It does stun you in-game, and if I got shot off my bike then kept running you best bet I'd be banned or jailed right now. 

The other alternative is using a helicopter and squad cars to actually chase the motorbike, which is what happens in real life. Observe and pursue. - Or police motorbikes. It's what the MET use. 

Edited by Duke
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Cara pinned and unpinned this topic