Cop powergaming question

Duke

1 minute ago, Westen said:

Why would it be powergaming? The entire point of a beanbag round is to immobilize the suspect through the use of the beanbag round, which, when fired from a shotgun, hurts like shit. It's completely possible for it to knock you off the bike.

Motorbikers wear a LOT of protective gear, especially on their hands/chest and arms, it wouldn't be as effective as it would be on someone in normal civilian clothing.

I know it's possible, but is it something that should be forced on a player? We don't kill players who get stabbed or shot, even though it's possible. 

You're being hit with a beanbag round that's flying at around seventy to ninety meters per second, that's a fair bit of kinetic force that's heading towards you and attempting to keep your balance afterwards on a motorcycle is going to be an amazing feat. The bean bag round is there as Western stated, to immobilize and disable the suspect long enough for units to secure them or surround them well enough to induce them to surrender.

Edited by Ylva

I think if you have an issue with  this, I'd probably ask to get the script updated with a new system regarding LTL injuries and realistic portrayal of them. I agree, not giving you a choice is poor, but that's not fault of the LSPD, that's the script, and something for server administration to consider, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ylva said:

You're being hit with a beanbag round that's flying at around seventy to ninety meters per second, that's a fair bit of kinetic force that's heading towards you and attempting to keep your balance afterwards on a motorcycle is going to be an amazing feat. The bean bag round is there as Western statated, to immobilize and disable the suspect long enough for units to secure them or surround them well enough to induce them to surrender.

It has little momentum, the immobilization comes from the pain of being hit. Like when you get hit by a paintball, it doesn't knock you off your feet, it hurts, same concept. Motorbikers are somewhat protected from this due to their clothing, if they're wearing it. 

You do realise that those shotguns are used to immobilise people that are standing or running correct?

So you being on a bike where you're not on your own two feet to try and absorb the impact would knock you flying, purely based on the fact you most likely wouldn't be able to react or prepare yourself for the shot.

3 minutes ago, Jura said:

You do realise that those shotguns are used to immobilise people that are standing or running correct?

So you being on a bike where you're not on your own two feet to try and absorb the impact would knock you flying, purely based on the fact you most likely wouldn't be able to react or prepare yourself for the shot.

That's a fair point, it just feels really cheap using the script that way. 

• Björk locked this topic
  • Cara pinned and unpinned this topic