Adding Custom Decals/Art for clothing

Draco

Short description:  Ability to add custom decals/designs to wearable items

Detailed description:  Ability to create a design ooc, and then apply it to a wearable item/create a custom shirt E.G. 

Commands to add: Im guessing there would be a few cmd's. I think that it can be done similarly to Note system. So the commands would be similar, /shirt index name|content text - /hat index name|content text - /backpack index name|content text  etc.

Items to add: 'blank shirt', 'blank jeans', 'blank baseball cap', blank hoodie' and similar, it's hard to list all the wearable items, but of course not all have to be implemented at the same time

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would add a possibility to create a custom brand, and to add yet another feature to the server that helps with creating a business. In my case, I would use it for my shop and musicians to create custom apparel that represents a individual musician or a band...

Additional information:

This feature would definitely have to be controlled in some way. My recommendation is to add some kind of a request in UCP for a permission to create custom clothing which  would be reviewed by someone in the GTAW team. I recommend that 'blank' clothing is bought at 24/7 stores or even better in some kind of a factory building, and that if it is bought in bulk, it's cheaper. 

9 hours ago, Jura said:

This could bring out a lot of abuse from players. 

Admins already have a lot to keep an eye on this will only add on to that list.

Nice idea but I think others will ruin it more and it’ll become a hindrance to the admins 

Yea, I figured that would probably be the biggest, if not the only ptoblem...

On 9/15/2019 at 9:51 AM, Winslow said:

No no no and I’ll explain why when I’ve got my tea. 

I remembered. I think this is a waste of time and requires a lot of attention to detail if it were accepted. The first thing that Marty reminded me of was inappropriate messages/decals being "printed" onto shirts etc. And it'll look messy and I'm more than certain bugs will come with the clothing. Decals bugging out in Menyoo is frequent (for me at least) I couldn't imagine it being in the game causing potential crashes. If you want to rp something on your shirt specify in your description or in /do. Seems unnecessary and like a lot and I emphasise "a lot" of effort for this to be implemented, In my opinion.

As stated above, I do agree this will be abused and will potentially (thinking ahead) offend someone with something highly offensive and or inappropriate. It really does seem like a hassle, however, I'm sure you suggested this with good intentions.

On the other hand, when it comes to personal business like owning your own clothesline, I think you should, personally, as the owner of the clothesline either hire a modder who can edit the clothes and make them work in menyoo for starters and then suggest them to be added into the game if the popularity of your clothes grows exponentially. If you're creating clothes and wanting them implemented yet no one likes them, except yourself, it'd be a waste of time.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Winslow said:

I remembered. I think this is a waste of time and requires a lot of attention to detail if it were accepted. The first thing that Marty reminded me of was inappropriate messages/decals being "printed" onto shirts etc. And it'll look messy and I'm more than certain bugs will come with the clothing. Decals bugging out in Menyoo is frequent (for me at least) I couldn't imagine it being in the game causing potential crashes. If you want to rp something on your shirt specify in your description or in /do. Seems unnecessary and like a lot and I emphasise "a lot" of effort for this to be implemented, In my opinion.

As stated above, I do agree this will be abused and will potentially (thinking ahead) offend someone with something highly offensive and or inappropriate. It really does seem like a hassle, however, I'm sure you suggested this with good intentions.

On the other hand, when it comes to personal business like owning your own clothesline, I think you should, personally, as the owner of the clothesline either hire a modder who can edit the clothes and make them work in menyoo for starters and then suggest them to be added into the game if the popularity of your clothes grows exponentially. If you're creating clothes and wanting them implemented yet no one likes them, except yourself, it'd be a waste of time.

Alright, I am not really experienced with mods in gta, but if  I can hire a modder to implement my shirt design into the server, if people like it, that would be awesome.

16 minutes ago, Draco said:

Alright, I am not really experienced with mods in gta, but if  I can hire a modder to implement my shirt design into the server, if people like it, that would be awesome.

Everything is possible nowadays especially with GTA V. I think it would be possible, however, the bugs would have to be rectified and amended rather quickly if it were to cause a crash. I say "IF" very strongly because I'm not certain. I'm going off with experience.

• Upvote 1