FPS stutter.

Kiker

Hey, I'm writting to ask about my FPS issue, I have a pretty good computer a graphics card equivalent to gtx 970 and a i5-6400. I play on Very high on everything and on singleplayer I have no lag at all, sometimes I can even reach a hundred FPS in some areas. So whenever I join the server I get 60fps, no more no less since I have v-sync turned on (good for my monitor refresh rate) But after playing for a while, my FPS starts to drop and my game stutters, it goes from 60 to 18 fps and keeps dropping and increasing, this makes the game really laggy. Does anybody know how to fix this? I tried putting all of my settings to low-normal but nothing changed, same FPS.

PS: It's not my computers fault since my friend with a gtx 570 and a i5-3570k doesn't have this FPS issue altough his computer is much weaker.

1. Turn settings down via singleplayer whether you like it or not.

2. Go to Nvidia control panel and turn textures onto high performance, should be on 3d settings

3. Download afterburner and turn up your gpu fan speed or set a temp graph so it will rise if ur gpu temp increases

4. on the GTMP client go to settings and select  raise GTA V process priority on start make sure you apply changes

5. dont have anything else open whilst playing gta 5 (browsers etc) 

6. Turn off geforce experience, aka shadowplay and it's hud.

Everyone who I've told and have done this have increased fps by at least 20. So it should work for you. 

Goodluck.

• Applaud 1
29 minutes ago, Critchalee said:

1. Turn settings down via singleplayer whether you like it or not.

2. Go to Nvidia control panel and turn textures onto high performance, should be on 3d settings

3. Download afterburner and turn up your gpu fan speed or set a temp graph so it will rise if ur gpu temp increases

4. on the GTMP client go to settings and select  raise GTA V process priority on start make sure you apply changes

5. dont have anything else open whilst playing gta 5 (browsers etc) 

6. Turn off geforce experience, aka shadowplay and it's hud.

Everyone who I've told and have done this have increased fps by at least 20. So it should work for you. 

Goodluck.

I did some of the stuff you recommended and there's no difference, I don't think you read the post correctly, I can get up to 100 fps or even more, it's just that over time the FPS will slowly decrease and it will start to stutter. I have to relog every 30 minutes to stop this from happening.

2 minutes ago, Slimek said:

This is happening to everyone and it is a GTMP issue, it's most likely a memory leak (which hints slowly degrading performance) but I'm not really an expert in that stuff.

Yeah, but it only happens to some people?

I am experiencing the same issue.. is there anyway to solve these "memory leaks" or this issue?

For me, on single player, my game runs extremely fine. Even on freeroam GT-MP servers, my game seems to run smoothly, but on GTA World, my game stutters for some reason.

Edited by TranXify
4 minutes ago, TranXify said:

I am experiencing the same issue.. is there anyway to solve these "memory leaks" or this issue?

There is nothing you can do about the memory leaks, the only thing you can do is restart the game whenever it drops below playable fps.

For me with 8GB of ram, this sadly is about every 15 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Billy Darlene said:

There is nothing you can do about the memory leaks, the only thing you can do is restart the game whenever it drops below playable fps.

For me with 8GB of ram, this sadly is about every 15 minutes. 

So is this an issue from GTAW's script or from GTMP? As other servers work just fine for me. Could it be fixed with updates to GTAW's script, or GTMP?

1 minute ago, TranXify said:

So is this an issue from GTAW's script or from GTMP? As other servers work just fine for me. Could it be fixed with updates to GTAW's script, or GTMP?

Don't quote me on this, but I think either could be causing it. Although to me it sounds like it's more likely to be caused by the client.

• taylor locked this topic