Lack of older characters in GTAW.

Well, a lot of the gangs are structured to recruit younger members too, just like in real life. If you wish to join a gang, from an illegal RP'ers POW you'll often have to RP a kid between the age of fifteen and seventeen. Only few gangs actively recruit adults or people older than their twenties, those groups are mostly organized crime groups or rednecks/hillbillies from Blaine County, which may not be appealing to a lot of the playerbase, as they seek another RP setting. In general being an "established" adult in LS can be hard, and I have only seen few characters manage to pull it off, as many normal life goals for a IRL adult is hard to achieve in a setting like San Andreas, as it simply wouldn't work well. I am not telling people not to play young characters, or to change the way they play, I simply think that going the other route would bring a lot of challenges, that players might not wish to deal with.

• Applaud 1
On 10/5/2019 at 5:18 PM, Benny Black said:

I'm in the opinion that best way to progress your character through rp is by aging him over time because it gives him new challenges to face as he gets older. I like to start my characters as teenagers, and then progress them up through the years. A good example would be Rudolph Guerrez. He started as a fifteen year old youth, and is now a twenty-eight year old locked up in Bolingbroke State Penitentiary on drug charges. Things like that allow you to create a narrative with your character, and not continue to do the same time of rp 24/7 constantly.

spot on

My character is 40 years old and I'm completely surrounded by young people, also the older employee I have at my business (Hang Ten Adventures) is 19 years old, luckily it fits with the business to have teenagers working there but sometimes I feel like my character is a middle-aged woman in a world full of people in their 20s. Is VERY rare to know a character over 30 years old.

I've decided to regularly visit bars, clubs and other places people attend occasionally for a week, and from my inspections, about sixty percent of the server population is formed of female characters, old to young ratio is even worse, since almost everybody came here to be somebody they are not or they cannot be in real life. Personally, I find roleplaying a character with an actual personality, good and bad traits, who is not a supermodel and does not own a supercar and a mansion more interesting, but who am I to judge.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, BadassBaboon said:

I've decided to regularly visit bars, clubs and other places people attend occasionally for a week, and from my inspections, about sixty percent of the server population is formed of female characters, old to young ratio is even worse, since almost everybody came here to be somebody they are not or they cannot be in real life. Personally, I find roleplaying a character with an actual personality, good and bad traits, who is not a supermodel and does not own a supercar and a mansion more interesting, but who am I to judge.

Straight facts. If you're not tied up with any faction RP, prepare yourself to fit in and understand the Facebrowser culture. And as you said, these characters have no flaws, they are mega-rich and rarely have any unique qualities. I wish this was an exaggeration, but at this point it isn't. Some people are making their characters specifically for the Facebrowser content (menyoo pictures etc) and clubbing lifestyle. Wish we could nerf the Facebrowser influence somehow tbh.

11 hours ago, BadassBaboon said:

6 hours ago, le moitessiere said:

Straight facts. If you're not tied up with any faction RP, prepare yourself to fit in and understand the Facebrowser culture. And as you said, these characters have no flaws, they are mega-rich and rarely have any unique qualities. I wish this was an exaggeration, but at this point it isn't. Some people are making their characters specifically for the Facebrowser content (menyoo pictures etc)and clubbing lifestyle. Wish we could nerf the Facebrowser influence somehow tbh.

I agree with both of you, but I also think that' Menyoo is ruining this server in a way.

Edited by The Brotherhood of Steel

It's just that most players RP their characters under 25, but I am not saying that you aren't allowed to RP someone young, but can we atleast have some variety? I gotta be honest, I have a alt character myself that's around 25ish, my main is in her mid to late 40s but It's soooo hard to find people that are around her age. Like I said before, my character doesn't want to hang-out with people that are the same age as her son and daughter. She rather meet people around her age. ?‍♂️

Although my main is a 60 year old hippie, I find younger chars easier to rp.

Younger characters are more easier to mold with when it comes to personality, something you can't really do on an older char, though I won't deny it's still possible.

Diversity is something gtaw lacks when it comes to age though, I gotta agree.

Edited by PaganFears
  • 2 weeks later...

When it comes to gang roleplay, its simple. If you're a black or mexican you'll probably die at a young age. Only the tough motherfuckers make it to the 20's and even 30's and usually, they're the guys who're really involved in the whole thing. They either end up running the street for somebody who's in prison, or they're the ones who're locked up (same applies for the Blacks really, Asians too). White boys, depends. If you're a skinhead you'll most likely come in and out of the pen until you hit your 3rd strike when you'll have to do a life sentence. When it comes to White boys being locked up, it's pretty rough. They're a minority so the white car - NLR, PENI, AB, etc are really strict when it comes to structuring, they ignore the numbers and they focus on keeping a solid regiment of men that are ready to smash skulls when shit cracks off at the yard, unlike the Mexican Mafia, who just like them are REALLY STRICT but the reason why they usually dominate the yards is because of their numbers. So the conclusion is, they're either dead, locked up or they're running the scene for the youngsters. 

Edited by Alfonso_Chavarria