[Paints News] Interviewing the author of the whistleblower social bot

Topinambour

adGqkid.png

Exclusive interview: behind the whistleblower social bot

As the best, most reliable and less dubious source of information in Los Santos, Paints News managed to obtain an exclusive interview with the (anonymous) programmer who made the infamous Whistleblower social bot happen. For practical purposes, we will call that person Wilson.

Paints News (PN): Wilson, thank you for accepting to reply to our definitely legitimate questions that we totally asked you and whose replies we absolutely didn't invent. First of all, how did this social bot come to be?

Wilson (W): Well, at first I needed a simple project to finish my freshman year in computer science, and I thought a bot would be nice. With AI being so trendy, why not? So I made something simple, pulling random strings of sentences from a few separate columns, to create random insulting facts about the other pupils.

PN: How successful was it?

W: Well, I found it extremely tame and boring, it wasn't very original or funny. After all, it's a bot. But to my amazement, everyone loved it and couldn't stop laughing, a teacher even had milk come out of his nose while laughing! 

PN: How did you decide to set it up on Facebrowser?

W: It was part of the experiment, I want to get into web marketing, you know? And social AIs are the shit there, so I thought I'd try creating a small private page to run a simple rumor bot. I added a few more columns of random words to pull strings of words from, and there you go. 

FZNfFMY.jpg

PN: Did you expect such a success?

W: Not at all, I originally set the page as private, but Facebrowser lags so much, I closed the tab before it was actually set as private, so it was left public. 

PN: Many believe, as indicated in the description, that the random strings of text posted on the page are facts fed by people. What do you think about this?

W: I didn't expect that. I put a random description because why not, but given how stupid and random the text strings come out, I didn't expect anyone to take it seriously.

PN: Is it a concern, for you?

W: Well... If people were smarter, we'd have a different president, so I can't pretend I'm surprised. 

PN: What's the future, for the Whistleblower social bot?

W: I'm not sure yet, I'll keep improving it until I can monetize it, maybe show it to an agency and add it to my portfolio. Then I'll close the page, 'cause comments are getting real toxic man.

PN: Thank you for taking this time to talk with us!

W: You're welcome.

Paints news is a news outlet, providing the most dubious information from the less reliable sources. Nothing we post should be taken as fact, unless you really have no critical sense. For more not-so-dependable information, do follow us on Facebrowser. We don't, however, have a social bot.

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic