Issue Installing Vehicle Mods

PropheC

Hey, although I've followed all steps w/ OpenIV/Archive Fix my game still won't run the mods I'm trying to install. The mods are only vehicle mods. I have a hunch that they're not running b/c my game prioritizes the already present 'updates' folder instead of the mods folder, but I'm not trying to install the vehicle mods in the actual updates folder in case they damage or corrupt the files. I've already checked if the .ASI files I need are installed via OpenIV and the program's telling me they are.

Can anyone help me with this issue? What do I do?

3 minutes ago, PropheC said:

Hey, although I've followed all steps w/ OpenIV/Archive Fix my game still won't run the mods I'm trying to install. The mods are only vehicle mods. I have a hunch that they're not running b/c my game prioritizes the already present 'updates' folder instead of the mods folder, but I'm not trying to install the vehicle mods in the actual updates folder in case they damage or corrupt the files. I've already checked if the .ASI files I need are installed via OpenIV and the program's telling me they are.

Can anyone help me with this issue? What do I do?

I made a guide not too long ago on how you could get them working, have you checked it out? And are the vehicle's files which you're trying to install correct to their original counter-part? 

1 minute ago, Soupiest said:

I made a guide not too long ago on how you could get them working, have you checked it out? And are the vehicle's files which you're trying to install correct to their original counter-part? 

Hahaha I actually used your tutorial to install them!! Only difference was I didn't have a folder called 'vanilla vehicles' but I'm pretty sure you made that folder yourself loll, here's the mod tree I installed them in:

GTA V > mods > update > x64 > dlcpacks > patchday21ng > dlc.rpf > x64 > levels > gta5 > vehicles.rpf

I archive fix'd both vehicles.rpf & deleted/replaced where instructed, and I archive fix'd dlc.rpf too.

My game's the non steam version too btw, any advice?

6 minutes ago, PropheC said:

Hahaha I actually used your tutorial to install them!! Only difference was I didn't have a folder called 'vanilla vehicles' but I'm pretty sure you made that folder yourself loll, here's the mod tree I installed them in:

GTA V > mods > update > x64 > dlcpacks > patchday21ng > dlc.rpf > x64 > levels > gta5 > vehicles.rpf

I archive fix'd both vehicles.rpf & deleted/replaced where instructed, and I archive fix'd dlc.rpf too.

My game's the non steam version too btw, any advice?

The folder archive setup I provided was specifically made to replace "any" vehicle in the game from the .rpf archive. I'd recommend using it though as it's a quick method to get vehicle mods in. 

But if you have it already then just drop your vehicle mods inside "vehicles.rpf" and affix that .rpf archive then affix the "dlc.rpf"

Then drop the folder inside GTA World's dlcpack folder on YOUR client side. (Which is "client_resource" inside your RageMP folder.)

The location should be as follows:

client_resources\(GTA World's IP)\dlcpacks

Edited by Soupiest
1 minute ago, Soupiest said:

The folder archive setup I provided was specifically made to replace "any" vehicle in the game from the .rpf archive. I'd recommend using it though as it's a quick method to get vehicle mods in. 

But if you have it already then just drop your vehicle mods inside "vehicles.rpf" and affix that .rpf archive then affix the "dlc.rpf"

Then drop the folder inside GTA World's dlcpack folder on YOUR client side. (Which is "client_resource" inside your RageMP folder.)

Drop the patchday21 folder or the entire dlcpacks folder?

13 minutes ago, Soupiest said:

No, use my dlcpack setup file from my guide "vanillavehicles" then put your vehicle mods in that. Then put that folder inside GTA World's dlcpacks where you'll find the server's mods in.

Dude, I love you!! LMAO

They worked! Thank you!

If the vehicle mods come with more installation items i.e vehicle meta data such as sirens/vehicle.meta, how would I go about installing those? Any pointers?

22 minutes ago, PropheC said:

Dude, I love you!! LMAO

They worked! Thank you!

If the vehicle mods come with more installation items i.e vehicle meta data such as sirens/vehicle.meta, how would I go about installing those? Any pointers?

Usually most of that stuff would be related to the handling data (though correct me if I'm wrong because I'm a little behind on actual vehicle modding) but for obvious reasons, I don't want to make an actual pack dedicated to handling...

I mean I don't think you're wrong when it comes to that but the mods I'm trying to install are LSPD cruisers so they mostly affect the lights/sirens, they're also approved by GTA W staff cause the pack wouldn't be available on the site if they weren't, so I think you're good to tell if you do know hahah